Babylon Bkk Overnight?

I have visited Babylon many times, but never overnighted there. I am considering staying overnight there on an upcoming trip to BKK? My questions is: Do any locals overnight there, or is it all farangs? Is there a lot of action there after the sauna closes? Is it groupie ? I ask this because it seems that the majority of the rooms share facilites. Thanks for your feedback.

Some time ago I checked out the 'shared' rooms. I think they were called Barrack rooms. They were very basic, and you shared a WC with other rooms nearby. I think the price was 1000b a night.

There are suites, which can be 3000-5000b. I didn't like them. They were finished in a dark, heavy almost Thai lanna style, with teak and stuff. Maybe you like that style.

Of course, there are advantages in terms of free pass into Bab etc.

Personally, I wouldn't bother. there are other places nearby, including the Pinnacle (about 1000b or 1100, own room and buffet breakf). Vincent's 7 Rooms looks OK. The malaysia hotel is cheap, tacky and wilder (people hang out in the bar all night cruising). For about 3000b I like Tarntawan in Patpong. Up-scale and gay.

PEd

In my opinion no Thais stay in Babylon - unless of course they arer working there - it's expensive by Thai standards. Some Thais from better circles may stroll around looking for a quickie or similar but they'll return home after they've had their fun.

Also Babylon is located on a quiet and remote soi so one needs a transportation out and in every time. My favorite is Pinnacle since you can get discount prices through Jimmy, who lives in 13th floor (open 11am-3pm). Nice breakfast is served and MRT is in a walking distance and taxis are always available.

Malaysia is cheaper and okay. I have stayed couple of times and never had any disturbance from the 24/7 restaurant service downstairs.