Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

Why not Ibrox? The owners appear to have a money problem and would find the rental income useful.rolleyes.gif

Haha yeah given how the Glasgow club has been nicking their best players for years I'm sure they would love to help!

Poetic justice....

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/anger-management/#more-2470

His pieces are slanted towards a Celtic point of view to put it mildly. Unlike him I find myself cringing at Neil Lennon's utterances in the last few weeks which I think do not reflect any credit on the side.

I am still chuckling at his yarns about Big Jock at half time in Lisbon, and Fergies obsessions with time keeping.

^ Good piece. The comments afterwards are well

worth a read too.

He has to cool it a bit though. And I'm sure

he is aware of that. The 'Tic are going to

win the league for the next few seasons

regardless of who's manager and he should

keep that in the front of his mind.

Motherwell 0 Celtic 3

Another 3 points for the Celts today. They made a bright start with a few early sorties but gradually Motherwell got back into it and Zaluska one of several changes from the usual line out had to make two excellent saves. Brozek the Pole on loan missed a very good chance. But overall Celtic were labouring without too much inspiration.

McCourt who had replaced the injured Ki late in the first half made a good opening for Cha who was far too tentative and the goalie had an easy save. Brozek was relaced in the 59th minute by an 18 year old youngster named Tony Watt making his debut and he made a stunning impact. In the 63rd minute he connected at the far post with Yanmana's cross with the outside of his foot and forced the ball home from a tight angle. 3 minutes later he took a pass from Ledley and drilled the ball into the far corner for his second goal. Fairy tale stuff. In the 83rd minute Cha made it 3 with a close range header from a superb cross from Paddy McCourt. ( I swear I could sense CB drooling at this stage tongue.png ) So in the end a clear cut win though this seemed very unlikely until the arrival of the young man who no doubt will remember this day for the rest of his life.

Thanks to Google I now am aware he signed in January last year from Airdrie who had signed him from boy's football 15 months before. He had a trial with Rangers but no offer was made and he subsequently signed for his boyhood heroes after a trial match.

Celtic wore special jerseys today with Thai name translations. These are to be auctioned to raise funds for the Thai Tims who are due to visit Glasgow shortly. We were alerted to the recent You Tube video featuring them by onionluke.

Hard to see how they can extricate themselves from the almighty mess they have got themselves into.

Laugherty suspended today by them for 2 weeks for breach of club discipline. He made himself unavailable last Saturday. Maybe he had acting lessons. I am sure Charlie Mulgrew will sympathise.rolleyes.gif

Reminds me of someone drowning in quicksand. Every day they sink further into it. Sunday could well be the last one for a few years. Are you watching Cowdenbeath?

Sally is very eager to find out the names of these guys who penalised Rangers. To put them on the club's Christmas card list no doubt.

As regards the game we will be facing extremely motivated opponents burning with a perceived sense of injustice so I hope our guys will be prepared.

Just spied this in the Record. It's that Larkhall based ref again!!!!

CALUM MURRAY will replace Craig Thomson as the referee for Sunday's Old Firm derby, the SFA has confirmed.

Thomson was set to officiate Sunday's final meeting of Celtic and Rangers this season.

However, he has been forced to pull out of the clash at Parkhead due to family reasons.

Murray was the referee for the last meeting between the two sides on March 25, which Rangers won 3-2.

Celtic boss Neil Lennon was sent off at half-time, while Hoops duo Cha Du-ri and Victor Wanyama and Rangers defender Carlos Bocanegra also saw red at Ibrox.

They made it! And they look delighted in the pic in today's Record.

Fantastic! They will have great memories for life.

Here's the story:

THAI children taught by a Celtic fan who was stabbed to death in a robbery are staying at Parkhead during a visit to Scotland.

And teenage student Reamonn Gormley’s former pupils, known as the “Thai Tims”, will sing in Celtic Park at the home game against St Johnstone next Thursday.

The kids and their teachers have been put up in the stadium’s hospitality area.

Reamonn, 19, of Blantyre, Lanarkshire, had gone to Thailand during a gap year from university.

He worked for the Good Child Foundation, teaching the kids English by singing Celtic songs to them.

He was killed in his home town in February last year. Daryn Maxwell, 23, was jailed for life for his murder and Barry Smith, 19, for eight years and three months for culpable homicide.

Reamonn’s friends led a 2000-strong parade through Blantyre in his honour. It ended with everyone singing You’ll Never Walk Alone.

After his death, his class recorded a version of adopted Celtic anthem Just Can’t Get Enough by Depeche Mode.

The Good Child Foundation’s Paul Lennon said: “We’re pleased the club has accommodated our request to stay at Celtic Park.”

Celtic 3 Rangers 0

A clearcut victory for the Celts over a lacklustre Rangers moves the champions 11+ 10 points clear with 3 games to go making any bleating about the 10 point penalty academic.

In the opening stages Rangers seemed to be passing better and looked more dangerous than Celtic. But Celtic struck from their first corner in the 17th minute. Commons pulled the ball back to the edge of the area where Mulgrew with a late run met it with a flying header into the ground and in to the far corner. It galvanised Celtic and deflated Rangers. Unlike the recent Ibrox game Celtic got more possession and isolated McCullough never allowing him to dominate. It also kept the dangerous Aluko quiet. Celtic struck again in the 31st minute when Hooper gaining possession on the touchline played the ball inside to the inrushing Commons. He nutmegged Bartley who sold himself with an all or nothing challenge and neatly chipped McGregor for his first goal of the season. Celtic were in control and led 2-0 at the break.

Any fears of a Rangers comeback were dispersed early in the 2nd half. First Ledley had an excellent effort which produced an outstanding save from McGregor after 52 minutes. But 2 minutes later Commons hustled McCabe off the ball set up Hooper at the edge of the area who finished superbly into the roof of the net. Rangers never looked like making a fight of it after that. Bartley was booked for a reckless challenge and Brown in the closing minutes for a stupid challenge. You could understand Barkley's annoyance but Brown had no such excuse.

Overall it was pleasing to see Celtic prepared to scrap for everything. They seemed to win most of the 50/50 balls. Rangers have had a good run of form lately but they were not able to exert much pressure on Celtic today after the first goal. A very satisfactory day for the faithful.

Dundee Utd 1 Celtic 0

For Celtic a fairly meaningless game but for Dundee Utd victory gets them into the Europa League. Celtic fast asleep at a quickly taken corner which lead to the winner and not able to find inspiration to pull it back.

Charlie Mulgrew and James Forrest also won the PFA awards last night.

Celtic 5 Hearts 0.

Last game of the season and presentation of League trophy. Hearts had more than one eye on next Saturday and made 7 changes. All 5 goals scored by Hooper. Celtic 2-0 in seven minutes.

Very predicitable affair unlike the drama that was to unfold later on in Manchester.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back Salty old son. A fortnight in Jomtien and I'm

full of Surf Kitchen and Simple Simon food.

What have I missed? No computer on the beach so I'm in the

dark with recent events.

(Just saw the Thai Tims on Youtube at Parkheed . . . . ACE!)

Hope you enjoyed the sea air CB. Usual end of season waffle while you were out of touch. BBC documentary last night about the demise of our rivals. This is a story that is going to run and run.

Hope you enjoyed the sea air CB. Usual end of season waffle while you were out of touch. BBC documentary last night about the demise of our rivals. This is a story that is going to run and run.

Heard about it. Unfortunately i cant watch BBc iplayer in Oz.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like it has run itself out now!

Caught this wee gem on CQN:

I took and made a few calls after the BBC broke the news about Rangers liquidation. So much to discuss, so many possibilities and so much uncertainty remains. Rangers are gone and whatever you think or hear about a Newco, it will be a shadow of the club Rangers were in the early 80s, never mind today. But still, we have plenty to focus on as we prepare for the enormous events that lie ahead.

My friends in Celtic, tonight raise a glass to Celtic fans past, who never lived to see how this Battle of the Ages ended, celebrate for each of them. Celebrate all of those league titles and cups you were denied which were ‘won’ illegally by Rangers over the last 14 years. Celebrate for every hard working man and woman in the country who pays their tax every month, no matter the hardship. This is a victory for all of us. LLLLLLLLLLLiquidation Day is here!

CB, You alerted me to CQN early on after the manure began to hit the fan many moons ago. I have on my favourites and fascinating reading it has made over the last 4 months.

What a price they are paying for years of " financial creativity". If the BBC claims of dual contracts stand up how many trophies have they won by illegal means?

Between Euro 2012 and following the latest events I could use a longer day.

My favourite from today's stories. A real wee gem:

“If the players choose not to transfer they will then be in breach of contract” said Charles Green yesterday. How desperate is this man? Rangers players, every single one of them, work for Rangers Football Club PLC, a company which come Friday will no longer employ them. They have a contract with Rangers Football Club PLC but the company is unable to honour those contracts. Some players may choose to accept a job offer from Sevco, but Sevco has absolutely no right to intimidate or make legal claims on them. It can certainly not make threats based on breach of a contract another company is actually breaching.

The important question for you to consider is not whether Green is correct in his claim (he is not), it is why is he making such a statement? Why mislead people and attempt to intimidate Rangers employees in this way?

Charlie doesn’t even have the keys yet and it looks like he is already miles off plan. We like Charlie. Lots.