Where Can I Buy Rock Cds In Bkk

simon43

I'm after original (not fakes) of CDs/DVDs by the likes of Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple etc etc. Does anyone know of a particular store that stocks this genre of musis, or must I search through the 1000s of wishy-washy, Thai love-song karaokee CRAP until I discover the occasional CD?

Tower Records

Mid-Valley

F-073B First Floor, Mid Valley Megamall

Mid Valley City

Lingkaran Syed Putra

59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

603-2282-8081

Open 10:00am - 10:00pm

Tower Records

Bandar Utama

Lot S49, 2nd Floor

1 Utama Shopping Centre

1 Lebuh Bandar Utama

Bandar Utama

47800 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

603-7722-1416

Tower Records

Penang

170-02-02 Plaza Gurney

Persiaran Gurney

10250 Penang, Malaysia

Bandar Utama

604-228-7360

Tower Records Lot 10

Tower Records c/o Isetan of Japan

Lower Ground Floor,

Lot 10 50,

Jalan Sultan Ismail 50250

Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

603-2143-9332

Open 10:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.

Tower Records

Johore

Lot G19, Ground Floor

Jusco Permas Jaya Shopping Center

No.1, Jalan Permas Jaya

Bandar Baru Permas Jaya

81750 Johor Bharu, Malaysia

603-7386-0080

Open Hours: 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Tower Records

Sunway Pyramid

LL3.01, Lower Level Three

Sunway Pyramid

No. 3, Jalan PJS 11/15

Bandar Sunway

46150 Petaling Jaya

603-7491-3671

Open Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

Tower Records

KLCC

C21C, Concourse Floor,

Suria KLCC

Kuala Lumpur City Centre,

50088 Kuala Lumpur

46150 Petaling Jaya

603-2163-7078

Open Hours: 9:30 am to 10:15 pm

In the western corner of Pantip Plaza on the second or third floor, their is a large stand with all Metal/thrash/rock tapes and cds, magazines, pins etc.....

When you go In Pantip it will be on the side of New Petchaburi road......There is also a shop(forgot the name) in Central World Plaza(ex-World trade center) with a heavy metal section and rare bootlegs as well....Tower records is there also... :o

I'm after original (not fakes) of CDs/DVDs by the likes of Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple etc etc.  Does anyone know of a particular store that stocks this genre of musis, or must I search through the 1000s of wishy-washy, Thai love-song karaokee CRAP until I discover the occasional CD?

Hi Simon,

Check out at Doramee in Siam Square. The shop owner is very nice and has many kinds of CDs. You can also check out at CD warehouse in Siam discovery. There are a lot of CDs there but quite expensive.

Cheers,

Sigur ros

Music One at Major Cineplex Sukhumvit (Ekamai) has an excellent, eclectic selection of hard rock, classic rock, blues, country and soul. There is also a branch near Major Cineplex in the World Trade Center, but it has less variety. Their prices are a bit higher for some discs, but given some of the titles are rare finds in Thailand, they are worth it.

Also in World Trade, on the fourth floor in the collection of places hawking tourist junk and DVDs is a place selling rock CDs. There was a guy standing in the doorway practicing his bass guitar while a Thin Lizzy song played and he was so into his music, he wasn't going to be bothered with letting customers by to have a look at his CD collection. Some other time.

Do Re Mi in Siam Square (Apex Theater side) has a decent, interesting selection. And the Power Music stores (there's one in the Lido theater complex and there's some on the skytrain platforms at Chit Lom, Phrom Pong and On Nut) are good as well.

floor 2 or 3 in mbk , there is a shop (always blasting out thai pop at high volume ) that has a good collection of old rock , on the right hand side as you go in. some rare stuff in there , imports ,bootlegs , sorry i dont know the name or that i cant be more precise about the location.

I would say go to Amazon.com and search. Selection is vast and many people have put their old/used CDs up for sale and you can get them at a discount while still in good shape. Never tried ordering from there and shipping to LOS though. Dont know if its a problem?

Never tried ordering from there and shipping to LOS though. Dont know if its a problem?

I've heard mixed reports about amazon. Get a mate to send you a book or similar small package or order a cheap first purchase and see if it gets to you ok.

I just placed a fairly large order with Amazon. My first time. Never again. It was split into two shipments. The second of the two was also smallest and I received it first. Still waiting - four weeks now - for the first shipment to arrive. I likely shall not try this again and will wait for trips abroad to do my CD and DVD shopping. The shipping was pretty expensive -- an additional $20 to the order. I could have purchased another item for that amount.

Music One at Major Cineplex Sukhumvit (Ekamai) has an excellent, eclectic selection of hard rock, classic rock, blues, country and soul. There is also a branch near Major Cineplex in the World Trade Center, but it has less variety. Their prices are a bit higher for some discs, but given some of the titles are rare finds in Thailand, they are worth it.

Also in World Trade, on the fourth floor in the collection of places hawking tourist junk and DVDs is a place selling rock CDs. There was a guy standing in the doorway practicing his bass guitar while a Thin Lizzy song played and he was so into his music, he wasn't going to be bothered with letting customers by to have a look at his CD collection. Some other time.

Do Re Mi in Siam Square (Apex Theater side) has a decent, interesting selection. And the Power Music stores (there's one in the Lido theater complex and there's some on the skytrain platforms at Chit Lom, Phrom Pong and On Nut) are good as well.

That shop at Ekamai is rather small, mostly Thai things in there.

Emporium HMV (?) or CD Warehouse at WTC would have most of the world's production. Shop assistants are very knowlegable, would tell you where to go if they are out of or not carrying the goods.