Hot Season

curryfreak

Thanks for those replies on the rainy season.

Now for my next question ! What about the hot season ? May, June & July in Goa were hel_l. I was in Bangkok in April of this year. It rained alot on & off & was pretty humid but people in general were saying that it was not as hot & humid as was usual. When I returned to Goa the weather was nicer, very sunny. I hear that people go to Hua Hin to escape the heat of Bangkok during the hot season. Apparantly the sea breezes are cooling. I am usually fine as long as there is a nice breeze. Would this be the case ?

There are micro-climates here where in some areas it rains like hel_l and a few blocks away it doesn't rain at all. We've lived in Hua Hin and Cha Am, noting several rainy places and several dry, so it depends on where you will be staying. At any rate, this area gets the some of the smallest amount of rain in Thailand (generally).

May, June and July are toward the end of the hot season....which here stretches from some time in February thru mid May or thereabouts. We start getting rain in April but none in June, back on again in mid July.....If you compare this area with most places in Thailand it is always cooler here than anywhere north of here.....the sea breeze in Cha Am keeps our temps here on the beach at very acceptable levels. I've played golf in Chain Mai and Lop Buri in April and thought I would die from the heat.....never had that happen here.

confused yet?

Your best bet is to go to this web site: http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=71

Check out the history and use the radar maps to find Cha Am radar where you can see the rain patterns which are quite interesting.

ohmy.giftongue.gifcool.gif