Ferry From Prachuap Khirikhan To Rayong?

Nongwahyay

An acquaintance, who has spent some time on and off in Prachuap, told me some moons ago, that a ferry was planned between Prachuap and Rayong. Has anyone heard of this????

Secondly, my thai wife and I are planning on moving there from Germany in the not too distant future. Are there any other Thaivisa members there??? Would anyone recommend - or otherwise - the town???

An acquaintance, who has spent some time on and off in Prachuap, told me some moons ago, that a ferry was planned between Prachuap and Rayong. Has anyone heard of this????

Secondly, my thai wife and I are planning on moving there from Germany in the not too distant future. Are there any other Thaivisa members there??? Would anyone recommend - or otherwise - the town???

Where is "there", Prachuap Kiri Khan or Rayong?

Sophon

Sorry..didn´t express myself clearly....."there" refers to Prachuap.

Where is "there", Prachuap Kiri Khan or Rayong?

Sophon

Prachuab is a wonderful quiet city, largely left unmauled by farang tourism. My wife is from the area, Thap Sakae, and the local people are great. The infrastructure improvements seem to favor the fishing industry and further south the steel industry. I doubt a ferry is coming any time soon. It's just an hour south of HuaHin.

I live in Nong Hin near Klong Wan about 8 km South of Prachuap Town. There is a new harbour being completed there ( not in Prachuap) and the "talk" is of a high speed ferry link to Pattaya across the Gulf. Prachuap dock is used by the local fishing fleet. The area here is great if you like a largely farang free environment. The locals are friendly, land and property are CHEAP compared with Hau Hin (90 km to the North). This may change as more people discover this area. At the moment fairly basic 3 bedroom bungalows on 225 square meters of land are selling for around £10,000 (650,000 baht) on the development where I live. There are good beaches nearby with good road and rail links to Bangkok or to the South. More information on www.my-thai-friend.com.

Thanks for the info, sunrise07 and thetefldon. I assume that the climate is relatively "cool"... at least missing out on the very high temperatures experienced elsewhere in Thailand!!! Nong Hin certainly sounds nice..... we will be visiting Prachuap around February time next year and will certainly have a look. We are torn between renting and buying a house......... but at those prices we may well buy. Do you live there on a permanent basis??? I´m a keen cyclist myself - is it a suitable area for a racing or mountain bike?

Thanks for the info, sunrise07 and thetefldon. I assume that the climate is relatively "cool"... at least missing out on the very high temperatures experienced elsewhere in Thailand!!! Nong Hin certainly sounds nice..... we will be visiting Prachuap around February time next year and will certainly have a look. We are torn between renting and buying a house......... but at those prices we may well buy. Do you live there on a permanent basis??? I´m a keen cyclist myself - is it a suitable area for a racing or mountain bike?

Ah the wonders of modern technology, I just typed a reply and now its gone! Lets try again. Now what did I say? The climate here is similar to the rest of the country but maybe a little cooler! Nice sea breezes as I only live 2km from the Gulf. Mountain biking is ok, plenty of off road but very flat! Secondary roads are in a reasonable state of repair. If you want a hotel in Prachuap try the Had Thong, its on the sea front and reasonable, I can also recommend a place nearer the town centre where I stayed whilst the house was completed. I live here permanently-subject to Thai Immigration but have only been here since January. Feel free to contact me for more specific information either here or via my blog.