The Netherlands

BambinA

Hi guys,

Finally, I get the MVV visa ..Yes,It's only 7 days (working days). That is faster than I have expected.

I plan to go there on 28-30th August (The course starts on 1st September).

In this moment, i am busy with organizing things.

Soon byebye Thailand. It is hard for me to leave my family here. :o

Did you `organize` warmer clothing Bambina? September can be ok, but after that it will go to wards Autumn temperatures.

Yes leaving family can be hard, but calling and the internet can do a lot to make it less sad, there are some good deals for inexpensive ( relatively speaking ) phone calling to Asia.

You will be OK there.

Hi guys,

Finally, I get the MVV visa ..Yes,It's only 7 days (working days). That is faster than I have expected.

I plan to go there on 28-30th August (The course starts on 1st September).

In this moment, i am busy with organizing things.

Soon byebye Thailand. It is hard for me to leave my family here. :o

Wow, that's fast BambinA !

Welcome to Holland; I advise you to fly earlier rather than later since you need to adjust a little and there's 5 hours difference. You may wish to enjoy the weekend prior to the course start on Sept. 1st.

Have a good trip !

LaoPo

BAMBI….

Oii .....sounds like you’re much more CALM & MATURE than I was just before doing my study in the US.

As for myself I couldn’t contain my excitements and actually packed my bags "6 mos" before the trip. My mom thought I was rather… CRAAAZY!!! :D

And she was almost on the floor when I brought back “a gift from amerika” - my husband to be & NON-thai too....hehe......- a few yrs later. :o

Hope you too will enjoy your time there!

Chok dee na ja

P’Teacup

Good luck to you Bambina, at least you dont need a visa to visit your family here!!

Too true :o

I will use my 4K post to say Good Luck

Good Luck

Leo and Sadie

and of course me :D

Moss

Congrats for 4K and love your funny dogs already :D

Did you `organize` warmer clothing Bambina? September can be ok, but after that it will go to wards Autumn temperatures.

Yes leaving family can be hard, but calling and the internet can do a lot to make it less sad, there are some good deals for inexpensive ( relatively speaking ) phone calling to Asia.

You will be OK there.

I do not have that proper outfit as i come from a tropical country. I will buy some suited then..thanks

Good luck Bambi. Have you got somewhere to live?

Yes. I am going to live in the student flat. It is about 7 km from Univ..Warande, Zeist .

Wow, that's fast BambinA !

Welcome to Holland; I advise you to fly earlier rather than later since you need to adjust a little and there's 5 hours difference. You may wish to enjoy the weekend prior to the course start on Sept. 1st.

Have a good trip !

LaoPo

I will do my best for the flight..

IND has 3 days rule ouchhh

I've been a bit out of touch but how long are you going to be there?

Have a safe trip and best wishes. :D

- AmeriThai

Thanks dear :D

BAMBI….

Oii .....sounds like you’re much more CALM & MATURE than I was just before doing my study in the US.

As for myself I couldn’t contain my excitements and actually packed my bags "6 mos" before the trip. My mom thought I was rather… CRAAAZY!!! :D

And she was almost on the floor when I brought back “a gift from amerika” - my husband to be & NON-thai too....hehe......- a few yrs later. :o

Hope you too will enjoy your time there!

Chok dee na ja

P’Teacup

Khun Pe' Ka คุณพี่ขา

I have mixed emotions na ka. I have less time to prepare myself . I will do my best anyway.

I know I will cry a river at the a/p. It is quite a huge step as I plan to work somewhere later not in TH.

I will do my best.. I do not like to say goodbye.. I will come back Thailand oneday

I wasn’t sure who did cry more at the airport…....me or my mom

And still not sure whether she cried because of…

Me -be the youngest and leaving home

Or

How much more she would have to dig into the family coffin!!

:D:D:o

and I fully support your idea of working outside first to gain more knowledge/experciences before coming back....... is a good/right thing to do. :D

Edited by teacup

I will do my best for the flight..

IND has 3 days rule ouchhh

I don't understand... :o

If you received your MVV you're able to travel to Holland and as far as I know there's no 3-day rule in which time you have to arrive; kind of must it seems ? That's odd.

Maybe your entrance visa start the 28th August ?

LaoPo

BambinA, your big day has finally arrived . You're going off to see the world. Leaving your family and your accustom world behind is the hardest thing to do. But you had demonstrated that you're strong and very independent (know from reading lot of your), I'm sure you can come out a winner.

May Lord Buddha guides you on to the road of success at what career you had chosen.

All the best,

Tinkelbell

P Bam

good luck na kha. Dont forget to buy some orange shirts..that will help you make more friends faster :o

too bad you arent there in time for the Amsterdam tournament, otherwise I will ask you to go watch the games and send me lots of photos.

stay in touch na kha...maybe if you are still there in 3 years time I may come visit :D

chokdee and please email me :D

This is becoming something of the Longest Goodbye.

There was me thinking you must have gone and be halfway towards graduating by now.

I have fond memories of The Netherlands, I studied at Delft and I understand you are going to Utrecht - Happy days ahead I'm sure, and a good school too.

Heb een prachtige tijd in Nederland

P Bam

good luck na kha. Dont forget to buy some orange shirts..that will help you make more friends faster :o

too bad you arent there in time for the Amsterdam tournament, otherwise I will ask you to go watch the games and send me lots of photos.

stay in touch na kha...maybe if you are still there in 3 years time I may come visit :D

chokdee and please email me :D

Nong MIG....

Bambi is quite smart, and she’s planning to do it in 18 mos..JA, …..not 3 yrs!!! :D

Hello there, very nice that you will come to Holland. It's funny that you are going to the Warande in Zeist of all places :o

I used to live there as a student and now I have an appartment about 15 minutes from there in Utrecht. There is a very good bus connection to the Uni, but it's also within biking distance. I'm sure you will enjoy Utrecht a lot, it's really a great city full of students. What are you going to study here if I may ask?

Regards and good luck,

Korsow

ps I: If you need someone to show you around let me know

ps II: If you need help or want to know things about Zeist or Utrecht let me know

ps III: Buy a bike quick when you come here, it will make your life much easier :D

Hi Bambina,

Enjoy your dutch trip.

Holland is perfect for a great life experience.Don't believe some internet fools.Dutch society is one of the most tolerant in Europ

(By the way I am NOT dutch :o but I was the boss of a software company and Holland was under my responsability)

Utrecht has a nice historical center and a lot of modern suburbs

Trains are the most easy way to visit the country

Amsterdam,Maastricht and even Bruges and Antwerp in Belgium are at more or less 2 hour ride by train and are beautiful

If you need some hints you can PM me

Cheers

djinn

I don't understand... :o

If you received your MVV you're able to travel to Holland and as far as I know there's no 3-day rule in which time you have to arrive; kind of must it seems ? That's odd.

Maybe your entrance visa start the 28th August ?

LaoPo

A letter from the Dutch Embassy ,Bangkok said " you have to report to the municipality within 3 days upon arrival in the Netherlands , to arrange for your residence permit"

May Lord Buddha guides you on to the road of success at what career you had chosen.

Tinkelbell

Thank you :D

Chock Dee BambinA :D

I know you will do well

Don't forget about us :D

Lung Pauly :D

Khob khun ka khun lung

P Bam

good luck na kha. Dont forget to buy some orange shirts..that will help you make more friends faster :(

I will wear an orange wig, mohock one lol

I have fond memories of The Netherlands, I studied at Delft .

I believe that i will have a good experience there..thanks

What are you going to study here if I may ask?

duizend maal dank for your offering, I will contact you when I am there.

My course is Msc. Laboratory Animal Science, Fac. Of Vet Med.

Hey Bambina!

Enjoy...!

Its a cute country, if u need any help, let me know...I'm still around when you arrive :P

Take care, good trip!

Thank youuuu

All the best to you, Bambina.

Khobkhun ja

Hi Bambina,

Enjoy your dutch trip.

Holland is perfect for a great life experience.Don't believe some internet fools.Dutch society is one of the most tolerant in Europ

I believe in you..thank you for wise comment :D

Hi Bambi,

Could you please update us on a regular base (specially in the beginning of your stay) what kind of things surprises you while staying in Holland?

You have had plenty time to gather info on Holland so I guess you are prepared a bit better then I was when I moved to Asia on a 4 week notice.

You will have no problems finding your way in Holland as almost everyone can speak English and at least 30% of Dutchies have visited Thailand.

The weather is still OK for Dutch peeps, but you might find 25 degrees Celsius a bit cold, ha ha, wait untill between November and March.

You know Dutch people already go to the beach in bikini and swimwear when the temp is about 17 Celsius, they like to have brown skin.

So please forget about your whitening cream and find the nearest solarium to get a nice tan, it makes you look healthy the Dutch think.

Also another advice is, when you travel by bus or metro, train, make sure you stand as close as possible to the exit doors at least one stop before, Dutch people

love to block the exit doors to prevent people to exit at the stop, you will see.

Anyway let's not spoil the fun but I can assure you you will be in for a big (positive) culture shock, please share with us whenever you can.

You will most likely have free Internet acces at your student flat so no problems posting here your life changing experiences.

As said before by another member, Dutch people are one of the most openminded people on earth and you will have no problems whatsoever making (real) friends.

And lot of Dutchies here that can help you out with whatever you want to know about anything related to Holland.

Oh by the way, the Dutch people like to call their country: Holland.

Listen to the football fans what they sing when Holland plays.

Holland OK, Holland OK, Holland Holland, Holland OK!

Have a great time there Bambi!

Kind regards,

Alex

:o

Bambina welcome to holland

You will find youre way around and enyoi youre stay here

A lot of friendly to help you out with everything (except maybe for some neanderthaler that still walks around here,don't mind them)

welkom hier en groetjes

casper

een man van de gestampte pot :o