Does Thai Air Take Care Of Bkk To Doin Muang Transfer?

RoninTech

We are getting ready to book another trip to Thailand (Satun province, Turatao area) from Canada this winter. Is it true that Thai no longer flies to Hat Yai from BKK and that you have to transfer to Don Muang for a Hat Yai flight? Our international flight from Canada gets in late and we need to get to Hat Yai early the next morning in order to make a ferry connection to the islands. We usually crash for a few hours at the airport hotel. If we need to transfer we'd barely have enough time to catch any z's. On previous trips the flight to Hat Yai left from the same airport as the one we arrived at, either Don Muang or Swampy.

If Thai has changed this, do they take care of shuttling passengers to connecting flights at the different airport or are you on your own.

Cheers,

Paul

We are getting ready to book another trip to Thailand (Satun province, Turatao area) from Canada this winter. Is it true that Thai no longer flies to Hat Yai from BKK and that you have to transfer to Don Muang for a Hat Yai flight? Our international flight from Canada gets in late and we need to get to Hat Yai early the next morning in order to make a ferry connection to the islands. We usually crash for a few hours at the airport hotel. If we need to transfer we'd barely have enough time to catch any z's. On previous trips the flight to Hat Yai left from the same airport as the one we arrived at, either Don Muang or Swampy.

If Thai has changed this, do they take care of shuttling passengers to connecting flights at the different airport or are you on your own.

Cheers,

Paul

If you are flying Thai Airways from Canada and have to transfer to DM they have arrangements in place to arrange transfer ( had ? last time i was in a similar situation, albeit from the U.K. )

You can also get your luggage transferred without having to lump it from one airport to the other.

marshbags

Thanks all!

We will arrive on a Thai flight from either Beijing, Hong Kong or Narita but I don't see any reference to Thai providing a bus or something to get to the other airport. Well since we haven't booked the flight yet we'll look into using another airline for the BKK-HDY and back hops. I wonder if lots of other travelers that would normally prefer to stay with Thai are going to other carriers because of this? I wish Thai would pick one airport or the other rather than using both. Seems odd for such a popular international tourist destination and the country's flagship carrier.

Still if that's the biggest issue, its all good! :o

Cheers,

Paul

Can anyone expand on what Thai Air does to get you from one airport to the other? We'd be getting into BKK late at night and needing to fly out to Hat Yai first thing in the morning. Is the old Comfort inn/Best Western still open at Don Muang?

Cheers,

Paul

Cheers,

Paul

On your Thai airways flight into BKK they will tell you in broken English that you can use the free Thai airways shuttle bus ,,,,,,now being a foreigner like me you will not be able to see this bus it is invisble to us ok ? Once you can accept that fact is does not exist look for the green shuttle bus its only 40 baht and safer than hanging on for your life in the back of some plastic seated clapped out taxi that the driver has been driving for the last 92 hours.

I am sure they give this nonsense out about the free Thai shuttle bus because Thai was told by the government to offer free transfers to DM when they moved their domestic flights back there,,and there might be someone on the plane they will not want to hear that you have to lug yourself across to DM after a 12 hour plus flight :o

Can anyone expand on what Thai Air does to get you from one airport to the other? We'd be getting into BKK late at night and needing to fly out to Hat Yai first thing in the morning. Is the old Comfort inn/Best Western still open at Don Muang?

Cheers,

Paul

I'll also have the transfer between airports to do in January, but at least mine is in the afternoon and I have 5 or 6 hours to do it.

Here are a few hotels by DM Paul

Airport Suite (Don Muang) Bangkok Airport - nearby Don Muang 1200 THB

Asia Don Muang Airport Hotel Airport - nearby Don Muang 1589 THB

Xen Suites Bangkok Airport - nearby Don Muang 1450 THB

Ebina House Airport - nearby Don Muang 1900 THB

Miracle Grand Convention Hotel Airport - nearby Don Muang 2100 THB

Amari Don Muang Airport Hotel Airport - nearby Don Muang 2150 THB

Rama Gardens Hotel Airport - nearby Don Muang 2350 THB

Edited by machlad

Thanks machlad. Airport Suites (old Comfort Inn) is our old standby from pre-Suvarnabhumi trips . We've already booked ourselves in there. We'll post back next year on the results of our hunt for the elusive Thai Airways transfer shuttle. :o