Guinea Hens And Silkie Chickens

wagner54

Do any of you guys know where I can buy some guinea hens and silkie chickens around Ubon Ratchatoni or within a hundred k of there? I appreciate any advise.

hi there, i am in chiangmai and i have guinea fowl babies. third generation - real cute. but i think i am a bit far from you. try the markets near you selling live chickens. they should be able to tell you where you can get them. good luck with your search! oh silkies are kinda rare here i think - i havent found any.

Do any of you guys know where I can buy some guinea hens and silkie chickens around Ubon Ratchatoni or within a hundred k of there? I appreciate any advise.

hi there, i am in chiangmai and i have guinea fowl babies. third generation - real cute. but i think i am a bit far from you. try the markets near you selling live chickens. they should be able to tell you where you can get them. good luck with your search! oh silkies are kinda rare here i think - i havent found any.

Hi Phoegonix

If I cant find any in the Ubon area I would like to buy some from you. We have a house in CM so its just a matter of transporting them to Ubon. Thank you

• 1 month later...
Hello

I was able to find guinea hens in the the Ubon area but I'm still looking for silkie chickens (gai dum). I'm willing to go any where in LOS to purchase some. Any info is much appreciated. Thank you

any pictures?

my family has 3-4 different chicken breeds running around,

if ok you are welcome.

please provide picture...

I used to raise bantams in the US, and have perused the live animal section of Jatujak Weekend market many times looking for silkies but never found them.

Unless I am mistaken the O/P is looking for this type, although they come in many colors and the ones in the pic aren't the best quality, feather-wise;

post-26360-1222234224_thumb.jpg

Hi Wagner54,

I brought some fertile eggs of silkies from the UK about 3 years ago and hatched them in an incubator - I had several colours but now I only have one silky hen left - black feathered. If you are interested you are welcome to have her for free because I think she'd appreciate some mates (assuming you manage to find some others). PM me if you're interested. Located in Khon Kaen.

JB.

Hello

I was able to find guinea hens in the the Ubon area but I'm still looking for silkie chickens (gai dum). I'm willing to go any where in LOS to purchase some. Any info is much appreciated. Thank you

any pictures?

my family has 3-4 different chicken breeds running around,

if ok you are welcome.

please provide picture...

Hi ImportFord

Tod-Daniels has a picture in his reply the next posting after yours. The feathers on silkies look almost like fur and like Tod says they come in many different colors.

But if any body knows of a different breed other then sikies that has black skin and meat they would do just fine.

JB

If I'm able to locate some more silkies I will take you up on your offer, I will email you if I succeed. Thanks to all you guys for the replies

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
If anyone is still looking for white silkie chickens, my wife has a source and she herself has some ordered some. They are in the Loei area.

Hi Garry,

I Have been looking for Sillkies for a while in Thailand and would appreciate an address or phone number

Thanking You Noggin

If anyone is still looking for white silkie chickens, my wife has a source and she herself has some ordered some. They are in the Loei area.

Hi Garry,

I Have been looking for Sillkies for a while in Thailand and would appreciate an address or phone number

Thanking You Noggin

Sorry, you're too late. They have all been sold and no plans to raise anymore.

• 8 months later...

JJ in central Bangkok? What is JJ or what does it stand for? You say they have 3 outlet?

For those of you up in the countryside, how much does a large fighting cock cost? I don't want one for fighting, but simply need one for it's size (the bigger the better), so I don't need a "prize" bird. I have a few chickens running about but apart from one hen, the rest are all pretty small birds. My aim is to use a large fighting cock to mate with the one big hen I have in order to get larger birds.

I stay on the outskirts of Hua-Hin and have been asking around, but none of the Thais around here are willing to part with theirs. There was one Thai down the road who said he will get one brought down from Ubon, but he has since moved away. Is it possible to get one sent down perhaps?

Thanks for any advice :D

hi Biltong

JJ- is for Jatu Jack Market.the one is in central Bgk ,one is at Min Buri(near by Lat Krabang) and the last one is near by Taling Chan(from Mahachai ca 30 min drive)

Fight Cocks better you get from some one private because some Cock cost 5000 bis 20 to 50 000 bath.Normal you cane buy for 100 bath per kilo but this is not a stong fighter only for have some fune and take care your henn.

PM me and i will buy for you.

D.H. (moench)

JJ in central Bangkok? What is JJ or what does it stand for? You say they have 3 outlet?

For those of you up in the countryside, how much does a large fighting cock cost? I don't want one for fighting, but simply need one for it's size (the bigger the better), so I don't need a "prize" bird. I have a few chickens running about but apart from one hen, the rest are all pretty small birds. My aim is to use a large fighting cock to mate with the one big hen I have in order to get larger birds.

I stay on the outskirts of Hua-Hin and have been asking around, but none of the Thais around here are willing to part with theirs. There was one Thai down the road who said he will get one brought down from Ubon, but he has since moved away. Is it possible to get one sent down perhaps?

Thanks for any advice :D

post-108598-086312600 1284445741_thumb.g

• 1 month later...

Jubby

I have seen them for sale at JJ market in BK also have seen them in Chiang Mai at a small shop that sells pet birds, rabbits and poultry he is located right near the entrance to the dog market. I bought some guinea hens from a guy near Amnat Choeron, I think I paid 300 baht each. Just ask around feed stores poultry markets etc they are definately out there. The Thai name is gai talk. Good luck

So . Anyone seen any Guinea Hens (Guinea Fowl) on their travels ?

http://static.howstu...-fowl-info0.gif

Edited by wagner54

• 7 months later...

Hi all i am new to this forum, I live in Issan and am looking for any Silki , and polish chickens i have a 300 egg state of the art incubator so eggs also wanted I will consider any other batams willing to buy or trade many things i have Turkey breeding stock , Guinea Fowel normal and silver, and native white thai chickens used as a meat bird ready in 8 weeks at 1.2kg 1.3 kg feel free to E-mail me at [email protected] or phone me 0861024477

• 8 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2009 at 8:51 AM, NOGGIN said:

Hi Garry,

Thanking You Noggin

There  is a lady in Pattaya has about a dozen young silkies for sale mostly white  some have red tint

• 6 months later...
On 12/19/2019 at 4:48 PM, LuckyYasoh said:

If anyone is interested, we always have fertile eggs and chicks of Silkie and rhode island red hens in Yasothon province.

High Lucky Yasoh.

I live in Kutchum, and looking to buy baby Rhode Island chicks.

We have some egg layers,but getting old, plus a cock, to fertilize, our existing chicken's.

Thanks Tony 1975