Thaivisa.com Phone Card

george

• 2 weeks later...

No feedback about the new Thaivisa.com Phonecard?

Following the generous 50-card giveaway in the Forum I have been waiting to see the feedback about using the new service. I noticed that George opened this special ‘post your comments here’ message, but nothing, not one response. George, what happened?

Obviously if you’d like to send me a free card I will post my instant response in the Forum.

Just wondering.

James

Hi Jay,  

Yeah, sure.  I'll email you the details now.  I'm keen to get as much feedback as posible so that I can make certain we are using the highest quality carriers.  I only get the chance to test calls to a few countries so all help is gratefully appreciated.

I look forward to your feedback.

Very True Roger,

Test out the quality of internet phones though.  I tend to find you get what you pay for.  Sometimes you can get lucky.  I was amazed at a device called InfoTalk VII a few months back.  I could hear perfectly on it, however my friends in the US and UK found it way too quiet when I spoke.  I live in an apartment and never get more than 31.2 kbps net connection speed so the reletive quality of net phones will never be good.  Might be ok for the occasional call to family though.

I'm in the process of updating my website this week.  Once the new site is up i'm going to do significant research into IP Phones, mobile phones and a few other things people are asking me about.

Hi Call King

I for one used the free card, sorry a bit slow in saying thanks. I really enjoyed about 10 minutes talking to my Mum in UK, the line was clear and I thought very good value. I call from Chiang Mai so maybe those in Bangkok would get slightly longer time? I will most surely use your service again, I don't use a credit card,. Can I pay some other way? I do have a direct debit card from SCB. :o

Thanks PSChef,

Make sure you prefix 1234 before you make the call to tha Bankok access number.  This meas that you only pay 2 baht per minute for the connection.  

The ThaiVisa card is 10% cheaper than other promotions.  Rather than fiddle around with the rates, I tend to add 10% account credit onto all orders so whilst I gave you a 100 baht card I would usually give you a 110 baht of credit.  

Up until last week I've been taking orders via ATM bank transfers and PayPal.  My new site however will allow everybody with Thai debit cards to make orders online without all the hassle of filling in registration details.  It SHOULD be all up and running today, but it seems like my web designer has fallen asleep :o(

I'll keep you posted.

Martin

Hi PSChef,

Debit Cards & Credit Cards generally work in the same way.

With a debit card you must have Funds in the account for the Card Issuer to "Debit"

With a Credit card you borrow the Money - the Bank gives you an advance or "Credit"

With the system I use - PCPhone

you could have 4 x 10 mins calls to your

Mum for 100 Bht

The calls I make to Wales are very clear

and usually I have to turn down the Volume

Once you have it set up it needs only 3 or 4 clicks

of your mouse to connect  - not strings of

numbers to dial.

Roger

I know the reason there’s been no feedback about the ThaiVisa.com phonecard…

Because it does exactly what it says it does, pay your money, pick up the phone, dial the access number, dial the destination number, talk, put the phone down. Good call quality with no delay, easy access & I can save the price of a few beers with every card!

How boring, what? no crossed lines, no repeating yourself, no re-dialing busy access numbers, no more searching for a Lenso phone that hasn’t been vandalized. Stress free calling, maybe my hair will stop falling out!

Admittedly, I’ve only tried the giveaway card but it looks good. Not quite as cheap as net2phone (ideally you need broadband), or getting somebody to call you back from the UK. But I’m sure I’ll be ordering one to keep for use when I’m out and about.

Thanks

James

The ThaiVisa.com Phonecard, helps stop baldness, now with free beer**

I have been "visiting" Thailand for a couple of weeks and have tried several times to purchase a calling card on line.  I keep getting to the paypal site (yes, I'm a member), but that's it.  No other info, no nothing.  What am I doing wrong?

By the way, I'm referring to the calling card offer on the Thai-visa web page for call from Thailand to other countries.

Hi Ken,

Did you click on the 'buy now' button at:

http://www.thaivisa.com/phonecard.0.html

Myself and others have tested the link with all browsers.  Please can you try this and let me know if you still have problems.

Some good news for you:  This week we will have our merchant account up and running whereby we can process all orders directly from our site rather than through PayPal.  Should save a lot of hassle.  We'll be able to accept Debit cards too.

Cheers Thetyim,

I'm really pleased with your feedback.  I made some calls this week myself to the UK and I also had some quality problems.  It seems that making calls after it has been raining might be affecting things.

The point is that we are marketing ourselves to large businesses here therefore quality is paramount.  The cheap-charlie account is excellent in that it can be bought by most people conveniently, however there other services available such as callback with UWT which may be better for some.  I work independently of the providers so that I can keep track of the best deals, and can monitor quality issues.

I have bought 2,000 baht of the Hatari phonenet cards this week and I am waiting to test their serive after the rain too.  It might be an issue relating to all calling cards here, or it might just be with cheap charlie.

United World Telecom is currently the most reliable and consistent telephone-to-telephone system.  I worked with them for 6 months and, although it resulted in a price increase for calls from Bangkok their quality is the highest available.  

I now have 200 customers, and have not received one quality complaint in over 5 months :o).  Whilst the exchange rate is swinging, UWT is actually cheaper than Cheap Charlie right now - although it requires a credit card to join, or a prepayment to the USA.

I'll be spending the next 3-4 days testing call quality to the UK with Cheap Charlie.  We might also need to upgrade the carrier which is a very simple procedure.  Whatever happens I'll keep you informed and I will send another sample account for you to test again.  

I have a new website coming online this week which will offer polls online.  I'd say that 20% of my customers begin with Cheap-Charlie and switch to UWT.  80% tend to find it works fine and find it most convenient.  

Best wishes and thanks again,

Martin

Sure Never Never land,

Lets exchange samples and I'll review your phone system too.  I have not yet found any internet-based telephone service which works particularly well but I am adding a huge amount of content to my new website this week.  I'd like to check out as many services as possible to see which works best.

PM me with your email details and I'll sort things out.