Where To Buy A 250cc Gp Rep

finchy

finchy have a look on mocyc.com there was one last month but it was about 50 thou if i remember. tzr and nsr very expensive in thailand. might pay to also look at the cbr250rr a nice four stroke screamer 18500 rpm redline.

have fun if ya get one.

Allan

What about the Kawasaki Ninja 250R, it is now available in Thailand, and with a sporty modify kit you get ultra performance, it is not for nothing that Honda stopped producing the CBR250RR.... First problem it was unable to keep up with the side development of the V-twin Honda VFR-250, to make it clear the VFR-250 will outperform the (stock) Kawasaki Ninja 250R, but has a expected introduction price in Thailand of almost 200,000 Baht in February 2009.

Edited by Richard-BKK

What about the Kawasaki Ninja 250R, it is now available in Thailand, and with a sporty modify kit you get ultra performance, it is not for nothing that Honda stopped producing the CBR250RR.... First problem it was unable to keep up with the side development of the V-twin Honda VFR-250, to make it clear the VFR-250 will outperform the (stock) Kawasaki Ninja 250R, but has a expected introduction price in Thailand of almost 200,000 Baht in February 2009.
I think he wants a 2 stroke

That's right Mike it's got to be a stroker pref one that needs a little TLC but not a complete nail. I'm looking for a bit of a project to keep me busy as i spend about 3 months a year in Thailand.

That's right Mike it's got to be a stroker pref one that needs a little TLC but not a complete nail. I'm looking for a bit of a project to keep me busy as i spend about 3 months a year in Thailand.

do you want a 2 stroke for track or road ?

i love NSR250s!!! my first and best bike!!!!

when that power band kicks in!! wow!!

+5555 good luck mate!!!

andy

post-65294-1218664512_thumb.jpg

With a two-stroke you need to hurry, I belief that the government is going to introduce a emission rule for newly registered bikes. A newly imported two-stroke will not pass the test for sure....

I'm not looking to import one i reckon i should be able to find one in Thailand. I looked into importing a car into Thialnd a few years ago and the red tape import duty tax just made it a non starter.

If you not import one, I have to say that you probably out of luck. Not much people want to sell a very unique bike like that in Thailand. The 250cc range was never popular for importers, as it had the same registering rate as a 400cc motorcycle, which was a much easier to sell bike. What explains the relative large availability of 400cc motorcycles.

And, again, I personally would not invest lots of money in buying a two-stroke. The Thai government is trying to have them off the roads by the end of 2009. Thailand looks for ways on how to introduce the Euro3 emission standard very fast.... This with promotions and penalties.....

If you not import one, I have to say that you probably out of luck. Not much people want to sell a very unique bike like that in Thailand. The 250cc range was never popular for importers, as it had the same registering rate as a 400cc motorcycle, which was a much easier to sell bike. What explains the relative large availability of 400cc motorcycles.

And, again, I personally would not invest lots of money in buying a two-stroke. The Thai government is trying to have them off the roads by the end of 2009. Thailand looks for ways on how to introduce the Euro3 emission standard very fast.... This with promotions and penalties.....

I very much doubt that riding around Surin province in the next couple of year's that i am going to get pulled for riding a 2 stroke bike !!

No but you might find its not possible to get road tax or insurance. Of course that might not bother you in Surin province but it would spell an almost useless machine where I am on Phuket, and effect resale as much as a bent book.

Not saying it will happen, or that there wont be ways to bribe round it, but if they get serious about it its not hard to do.

For people who riding around with bent or fake books I really hope nothing is going to change in Thailand, but reality is probably different. It is probably similar to other Thai government agencies, where we a few years ago could tell them anything and they had no way to check.... Now they have this thinks called computers and know probably more then I know myself....

A few days ago I, for the first time every in Thailand, got stopped (almost after 4 kilometer) for speeding, I did around 200km/h on a stretch back to Bangkok. Even after 4km, I got away with a warning (400 Baht), and no points taken from my drivers license. My g/f, who was following me was of the hook, as they had no speed check of her, of course you not need to be a rocket scientist to understand she was riding at the same speed.

The moral of this story is, things change, I had no idea that rural highway police had radars, what next.... I belief that within a few years Thai police will be equipped and able to get actual up-to-date information like we see in Western countries.

Thye have radar guns & have had for 30 years. Used to see them shooting all the time down around Bang Saen.

finchy. Join up with gt-riders.com

search out a mister mike rust. He can tell you where every NSR250 in Thailand is sitting.