Entry Stamp After Midnight

Contrary to what I've seen reported in the past here, my plane which was scheduled to arrive at 11:35pm on August 8 arrived 35 minutes late at 12:10am on August 9. My passport was stamped with an August 9 entry.

My partner and I were not asked to show proof of return/onward travel. My partner is Filipino with a passport full of stamps and visas. I had return tickets on hand just in case. The signs I've seen in the past stating this requirement were not visible anywhere.

When you pass through Immigration, whether entering or leaving Thailand, the stamp will indicate the date that you passed through Immigration, not the scheduled arrival or departure time.

I have seen references here to *departures* being stamped on the day of the flight, although that has not been my experience.

I have never seen any reference to the entry date being backed up one day.

I understand that the arrival date stamped in the passport corresponds to the actual – not the scheduled – arrival date of the flight. See also this post:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/-t159770.htm...t&p=1720559

Unless, of course, it depends on the whim of the immigration officer.

With departures, the date stamped in the passport is the date when passing through immigration, not the scheduled date of the flight. In July, my scheduled flight departure was 21 July 0040 hours, I passed through immigration on 20 July about 2300 hours, the departure date in my passport is 20 July 2008. I did not overstay and therefore cannot say what date would be used for the calculation of the overstay period, but it appears to be the scheduled flight date – or if the flight is rescheduled, the rescheduled date. See this post:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1721190

--

Maestro

I seem to remember a sign at passport control, stating that the scheduled departure date/time of the plane is relevant for overstay calculation not the time you pass immigration. However, I cannot come up with an actual example, as I always pass immigration after midnight, as my flight leaves either at 2.30 or 3.30.

When you come into thailand they stamp you from the day you pass through immigration so if you get off your planed and hangaround the airport for 2 days (unlikely but just a example) then they will stamp you 2days later

On the return they do not charge overstay for the 1st day but only at the aiport and this is for people who might have there flights at 4.am ish.

I seem to remember a sign at passport control, stating that the scheduled departure date/time of the plane is relevant for overstay calculation not the time you pass immigration. However, I cannot come up with an actual example, as I always pass immigration after midnight, as my flight leaves either at 2.30 or 3.30.

I remember that sign, last time I saw it at Don Muang in 2005.

Also, somebody here (or, was it another board?) said, knowing he will be overstaying 1 day, that he went through passport control 11pm to sit and wait on his next day 6:45am UA flight. He was stamped as overstay.

When you come into thailand they stamp you from the day you pass through immigration so if you get off your planed and hangaround the airport for 2 days (unlikely but just a example) then they will stamp you 2days later...

2008bangkok, has this happened to you personally? I ask because your statement is the direct opposite of what another member reported here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/-t159770.htm...t&p=1720559

--

Maestro