Proton Cars. Anyone Know Where I Can See/buy 1?

1unique

Cos quality has improved.. you can get a 3 door hatch with a reasonable engine and a manual gearbox.. and the interior isn't that bad.. Guess depends what you want from a car ?.. The soft, bouncy automatic hondas/toyotas sold in Thailand don't suit everybody..

Some of us would love to be able to buy a 1.5 litre (or larger) 3 door sporty hatch with a manual box without paying the earth.. Yes I know a proton is hardly a golf gti or renault clio.... but it's closer than most of the other stuff here... and reasonably priced..

They are great cars for the money. Proton buy the plans from Mitsubishi and other brands, to produce a previous one of their models,

They use tried and tested designs and Normally Mitsubishi engines too. They re-design the bodys a bit and pump them out cheap.

very reliable. and great for the Mrs to run around in. The new model range looks pretty snazzy too.

Why would you want one. Every Malaysian I have talked to say they are junk and only buy because they are cheap.

S.O. Garage between Chaiyapreuk and Huay Yai roads on Sukhumvit has a banner which seem to indicate it has become a Proton dealer.

This is also the reputed best garage for LPG and NGV fittings. I have used them many times with good results.

A couple of other landmarks for S.O. 200metres from PTT NGV garage and 500 metres north of Lake View Rest and new floating market

Good luck

You could contact their main office in Bangkok and perhaps get the dealership for Pattaya information from them.

PHRANAKORN AUTO SALES CO., LTD.

108, MOO2,

Vipavadee-Rangsit Road

Lardyaow Jatuchak,

Bangkok, Thailand.

Telephone : +66-2-579-0888

Telefax : +66-2-579-3788

You can get the Bangkok e-mail address from their worldmap page > http://www.proton.com/about_proton/proton_...n_worldwide.php

S.O. Garage between Chaiyapreuk and Huay Yai roads on Sukhumvit has a banner which seem to indicate it has become a Proton dealer.

This is also the reputed best garage for LPG and NGV fittings. I have used them many times with good results.

A couple of other landmarks for S.O. 200metres from PTT NGV garage and 500 metres north of Lake View Rest and new floating market

Good luck

Correct, they are the main dealers for this area, you can see the test drivers tearing up and down Sukhumvit between Chaiyapruek and Huay Yai junction any day!!

• 6 months later...

New Pattaya Showroom is now open, Sukhumvit Road about 6k after Tesco Lotus past the Chaipruck Juction heading for Ban Ampur, U turn at the floating Market. They also have 8 dealers in Bangkok, 1 in Chonburi and Chaing Mai and more I expect.

I bought a Gen2 1.6 CPS 125bhp auto, 649,00THB a bargian and I love it.

They are great cars for the money. Proton buy the plans from Mitsubishi and other brands, to produce a previous one of their models,

They use tried and tested designs and Normally Mitsubishi engines too. They re-design the bodys a bit and pump them out cheap.

very reliable. and great for the Mrs to run around in. The new model range looks pretty snazzy too.

Why would you want one. Every Malaysian I have talked to say they are junk and only buy because they are cheap.