Air Asia From Macau

grahamb

We're flying Air Asia from Bangkok to Macau at the weekend. Has anyone done the return journey from Macau to Bangkok? If yes, how strict are they on baggage weight limits? The ticket regulations say that we have 7kg of hand baggage and 15kg of checked baggage. That's not a problem on the way up but it may be a problem if I decide to buy some Portugese wine to bring back... (assuming it is still cheap in Macau)

We flew on a budget airline in the UK in the summer and ended up paying more for excess baggage than we did for 2 tickets :o (we were well over the weight limit...) and I don't want to get into the same situation...

Thanks!

Ways to get lesser charge for excess baggage with AirAsia:-

1) Travel light when going to your destination and shop there

2) Make friends with other passengers that travel light from Macau, maybe you could share weight (you might want to show them what's in the bag first).

3) Before checking in, search for the most friendlier face at the AirAsia counter. Be very friendly when approaching them. The person might give you a 50% discount from your actual cost. ( This works for me alot of times, guess you must have the charms)

Besides that, always be friendly to the counter girl no matter what, coz they might change their mind at the very last minute.

and how safe are the bottles if you put it in a bag?

Explorer :o

Well, we got back from Macau last night and had no problem with the weight limits. The suitcase was under the weight limit both ways and the check-in staff in Bangkok and Macau didn't question the weight of our hand baggage. They didn't really look at the hand baggage which is probably why some of the people on the flight back were carrying enough luggage for a month as their hand baggage!!

Flights were OK but delayed both ways... At least Air Asia texted us to tell us about the delay so it wasn't sooo bad. Still, for the price, I can't complain

Depends on the bag and how you pack it - we managed to get 6 bottles back from Italy to Finland via London in a hard sided suitcase! :o

Well, we got back from Macau last night and had no problem with the weight limits. The suitcase was under the weight limit both ways and the check-in staff in Bangkok and Macau didn't question the weight of our hand baggage. They didn't really look at the hand baggage which is probably why some of the people on the flight back were carrying enough luggage for a month as their hand baggage!!

Flights were OK but delayed both ways... At least Air Asia texted us to tell us about the delay so it wasn't sooo bad. Still, for the price, I can't complain

Depends on the bag and how you pack it - we managed to get 6 bottles back from Italy to Finland via London in a hard sided suitcase! :D

Really??? :o