Chinese Aromatic Crispy Duck

mnodi

Does anyone know where In Chiang Mai I can get Chinese Aromatic Crispy Duck - deep fried (I think), cripsy skin, meat shredded off the bird and then served with pancakes, cucumba, spring onion and plum sauce?

Or is this really just an anglo-Chinese thing!

Cheers for any suggestions.

So far as I know Beijing/Peking Duck is an authentically Beijingese dish. Beijing has many restaurants specializing in it and these are popular with both Chinese and tourists.

Not sure where you'd get it here, though.

Does anyone know where In Chiang Mai I can get Chinese Aromatic Crispy Duck - deep fried (I think), cripsy skin, meat shredded off the bird and then served with pancakes, cucumba, spring onion and plum sauce?

Cheers for any suggestions.

Funnily enough I saw a whole freezer full of packaged aromatic ducks in Makro this morning! Use tortillas and hoi sin sauce from Rimping, add spring onions and cucumber and you're away!

We did them at Tuskers for Chinese New Year but never seen them at a restaurant here in CM

Funnily enough I saw a whole freezer full of packaged aromatic ducks in Makro this morning! Use tortillas and hoi sin sauce from Rimping, add spring onions and cucumber and you're away!

We did them at Tuskers for Chinese New Year but never seen them at a restaurant here in CM

Which branch was that MB?

I have a favourite Chinese restaurant that sometimes serves Peking Duck. Alas and alack, however, I cannot recall the name of the place and, truth be told, I think I have never even learned it. I know where it is and I just go there when I feel like it, so the name is -- or was until now -- not important. In any case, here is how you get there. If you drive through the Night Bazaar and turn left at the intersection at the the end, you will find the restaurant perhaps two or three hundred meters down the road on the left side. I think the restaurant also has an entrance in back, on Anusarn market. I have only had the Peking Duck there once, but it was quite good. I have tried to order it other times and been told they didn't have it, so you can't find it there all the time.

Duang Tawan hotel Chinese restaurant, top floor.

Royal Princess Hotel Chinese restaurant. Floor 1.

Served every day. Both do sometimes also monthly Peking Duck promotions, last time was 590 Baht for the set; sauce, spring onions, pancakes, duck etc.