Indochine Villa Santi Kalim Bay

flightcrew1

Coming down to Phuket from BKK. Usually stay at Burasari or Holiday Inn but have been offered a great rate at the Villa Santi. The web site looks great but can find no real reviews about the place. My actually only concern is if it is really finished or not? Info anybody?

Coming down to Phuket from BKK. Usually stay at Burasari or Holiday Inn but have been offered a great rate at the Villa Santi. The web site looks great but can find no real reviews about the place. My actually only concern is if it is really finished or not? Info anybody?

Definitely not finished. That site is one of those the government shuts down every once in awhile as they have dodgy title.

Been under construction for two years, will be still under construction for the time being. You have the great rate as you will be treated to the sounds of pounding, saws, and powertools beginning at 7AM and going until 10:30pm.

Has construction restarted ??? I thought all work ground to a halt last time they insisted they had paid the right people opps I mean permit applications and it was tools down. Every time I ride past I see that bloody great scar on the hillside and no work happening.

I just assumed it was another one of those 'quality property investments' everyone claims make so much money here :o

Definitely not finished. That site is one of those the government shuts down every once in awhile as they have dodgy title.

Been under construction for two years, will be still under construction for the time being. You have the great rate as you will be treated to the sounds of pounding, saws, and powertools beginning at 7AM and going until 10:30pm.

Only 2 years mate? That place advertised itself as phase 1 complete when I first moved to Phuket and that was 5 years ago! You gotta feel for the developers though...they didn't know they were getting dodgy land.

Its not a bad location too if you like peace and quiet (location, not construction) and don't want to be near Patong. Beach is pretty rocky too but you got your own pool so that's a moot point!

Wow...am I glad I asked! Thanks guys! I just had a feeling it was one of those projects that was never ending!

Rode past there about two hours ago.

It does look like there are some semi-finished areas up higher on the hillside to the right, but down front are cranes and construction, no thanks if considering a peaceful holiday.

See if the Baan Yin Dee won't give you a good rate, I know they are a bit hurting for business and nice location at the complete opposite end of Patong. No longer a "gay" hotel, (although there is nothing wrong with that).

Thanks again guys. I sent an email to Villa Santi asking if the project was finished and I was told that the Villa I was staying in was finished but that there was no restaurant, pool, gym, tennis court or practically any facilities and that my villa was "no noisy".

I will once again go back to the Burasari, though the Millenium at Jungceylon is offering a really good Thai/Thai Residents rate. Just coming down for some down time and some evening entertainment.

Thanks again guys. I sent an email to Villa Santi asking if the project was finished and I was told that the Villa I was staying in was finished but that there was no restaurant, pool, gym, tennis court or practically any facilities and that my villa was "no noisy".

I will once again go back to the Burasari, though the Millenium at Jungceylon is offering a really good Thai/Thai Residents rate. Just coming down for some down time and some evening entertainment.

I think that is a good decision.

Not only is the Burasari in a very nice location, walking distance to everything in Patong, but their pool facilities are really nice. Floyd's is a good restaurant too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

My wife and I booked 7 nights at Indochine Villa Santi in kalim beach at the end of Oct staying in a Jacuzzi and pool Gaya studio, for what is a very reasonably priced rate. Having now read this forum and post, I see why...

Admittedly I dont necessarily mind that the complex is not completely finished, although would be concerned about ongoing noise and obstructed views. We have our own pool, jacuzzi and supposed views of patong and water.

After contacted management agent, they say we are not were the construction is, nor noise. The restaurant and other facilities are not finished either. I understand there are some really nice and upscale restaurants very nearby, is this true? We have access to the Hilton Acacdia and use of their pool and facilities if needed.

I cannot find anyone who has stayed their yet or had a very close look inside. Anyone???????

I would keen to hear from any locals to the area, to have a look and tell if there is any construction and what level of completion is there to the area in front of and near the units just behind the oval shaped restaurant on the front right.

i appreciate anyones updated information

cheers

CC

Hi Guys,

My wife and I booked 7 nights at Indochine Villa Santi in kalim beach at the end of Oct staying in a Jacuzzi and pool Gaya studio, for what is a very reasonably priced rate. Having now read this forum and post, I see why...

Admittedly I dont necessarily mind that the complex is not completely finished, although would be concerned about ongoing noise and obstructed views. We have our own pool, jacuzzi and supposed views of patong and water.

After contacted management agent, they say we are not were the construction is, nor noise. The restaurant and other facilities are not finished either. I understand there are some really nice and upscale restaurants very nearby, is this true? We have access to the Hilton Acacdia and use of their pool and facilities if needed.

I cannot find anyone who has stayed their yet or had a very close look inside. Anyone???????

I would keen to hear from any locals to the area, to have a look and tell if there is any construction and what level of completion is there to the area in front of and near the units just behind the oval shaped restaurant on the front right.

cheers

CC

You've been bamboozeled for sure. What a joke, facilities at the Hilton Arcadia and it's not even close to being nearby.

Please post after your stay, I'm curious as to how this turns out.

There is complimentary transfers to the Hilton. But honestly guys i really dont care nor intend to use their facilities. We have a jacuzzin and pool to ourselves, and we are using the the resort as a base to see the southern part of the island. The first week of our trip to phuket, we are staying at Sala in Mai Khao, and so exploring the north of the island more, and relaxing more there.

I am more curious to have someone give me an updated or personal encounter of the resort and area.

Cheers

CC

There is complimentary transfers to the Hilton. But honestly guys i really dont care nor intend to use their facilities. We have a jacuzzin and pool to ourselves, and we are using the the resort as a base to see the southern part of the island. The first week of our trip to phuket, we are staying at Sala in Mai Khao, and so exploring the north of the island more, and relaxing more there.

I am more curious to have someone give me an updated or personal encounter of the resort and area.

Cheers

CC

O.K., personal report as I ride by there almost daily.

You are on a hillside with a great view...............of Patong bay and the cranes and construction going on below you. Be ready for slam bam thank you mam pounding beginning about 7:00AM. I hope you are not big on sleeping in.

Hi Guys,

cheers

CC

You've been bamboozeled for sure. What a joke, facilities at the Hilton Arcadia and it's not even close to being nearby.

Please post after your stay, I'm curious as to how this turns out.

Hilton Arcadia: three or four decent swimming pools, a decent gym, a couple of pleasant restaurants and a quiet parkllike setting, right on the beach, I don't really understand what more a person could want or need.

>>Hilton Arcadia: three or four decent swimming pools, a decent gym, a couple of pleasant restaurants and a quiet parkllike setting, right on the beach, I don't really understand what more a person could want or need.

Well if the poster was actually staying at the Hilton, you're right.  But in fact, the poster is staying in a construction zone at the north end of Patong at the Villa Santi :o.

Chaing Mai Let me put this to you another way.

See attached map of your 10.5 Km trip to hotel amenities.

post-32183-1220293016_thumb.jpg

Time will vary on traffic and if there's a big slow vehicle in front of you or not.

Not being a pessimist or mean or any thing really, I just want you to know what to expect.

Indochine Villa Santi is one of the most visible projects on the island as it sprawls up a hillside of Patong Bay. The villas there are finished, the main hotel is not and remains under construction. The views are probably the best on the island but you should expect some inconveniences with a project under construction (especially relating to the restaurant).

I do know these people. There are no particularly "dodgy" land issues relating to this project, just a few construction & finance delays that are fairly typical of Phuket (I could name many others). Almost all units are individually owned by foreigners.

There is a small beach directly across the road (not very well known as it is not marked but is nice). Most people would choose to go down the road to Patong Beach which is a little far to walk but very quick on a taxi or bike.

You will get a lot more space here than just a plain hotel room but it's all a question of how "finished" you want your experience. Next year this place will be hard to beat.

Edited by WhyThai

There are no particularly "dodgy land issues" relating to this project, just a few construction & finance delays that are fairly typical of Phuket (I could name many others).

There are certainly a few dodgy planning permission issues. That's why one of the principle partners had to flee from Thailand, and why the project was halted for many months.

Perhaps 'flee the country' was a bit dramatic. I've tried to find the Phuket Gazette article which led me to that statement. But archives don't seem to go back that far.

I did find this Phuket Gazette article...

"In the case of the halted Villa Santi project in Kalim, Gov Udomsak said he had decided for the time being not to approve renewals of work permits for four or five foreigners employed by the project development company.

“Look at the Villa Santi project, which has denuded our mountainside. After I ordered work on the project to be halted, four or five foreign employees [of that project’s development team] came to me seeking approval for their work permit [renewals] … I haven’t given it yet.

“I think it’s better that foreigners who come here and make our hillsides bald go back to their own countries,” he said."

I do know these people. There are no particularly "dodgy" land issues relating to this project, just a few construction & finance delays that are fairly typical of Phuket (I could name many others). Almost all units are individually owned by foreigners.

There is a small beach directly across the road (not very well known as it is not marked but is nice). Most people would choose to go down the road to Patong Beach which is a little far to walk but very quick on a taxi or bike.

Not land issues no (tho it is over 80m at the top) but planning permission issues sure..

I mean people paid for these to be completed when ??

Kalim beach is a reef.. Even at high tide its not really a swimming beach.

I do know these people.

So in the interests of full disclosure.. Do you know 'these people' or do you have a connection with these people ??

cos it seems given your glowing and almost promotional review written on trip advisor that your bordering on shilling it.. In fact the trip advisor reads more like your connected to the business than purely a impartial observer.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g2939...nti-Phuket.html

Fled from Thailand? I don't think so. The original builders were killed in the Tsunami.

There was also a delay with condo permitting as I understand it. Resolved.

I knew the "original builders" he was a farang, (not an investor but hired by the project's benefactors) and was the head of the construction company hired to construct the villas (don't know if they planned for hotel aspect back then, as i'm not real familiar with he project) he died while on vacation with his family in Khao Lak in the Tsunami. After that the construction company kind of collapsed with out him at the helm, hence delay to the project.

At the end of the day if you got a good deal on the room/villa, you're going to enjoy the view and your jacuzzie/plunge pool and you're going to have a good time. plenty of good resturants and shopping to choose from in Patong, just dont count on hotel amenitis this high season. maybe it's just the price you pay for a good bargen. Personally I dont' see anything wrong with that, and if there's noise complain about it. you paid for your room and you're entitled to complain.

Enjoy your stay!

Hey Ozymandious,

I share your view as well. I am prepared for a lack of resort amenities for a reduced rate, although I will less tolerable with offensive noise at all hours. I must say though, I would like to have been informed of the degree and likelihood of disruptions of our stay prior to booking the room. I knew we were getting a reduced rate due to the usual issues of a 'soft opening', not heavy construction and noise.

We shall wait and see.

Anyone with photos?

cheers

CC

I do know these people.

So in the interests of full disclosure.. Do you know 'these people' or do you have a connection with these people ??

cos it seems given your glowing and almost promotional review written on trip advisor that your bordering on shilling it.. In fact the trip advisor reads more like your connected to the business than purely a impartial observer.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g2939...nti-Phuket.html

I see WayThai was online this morning.. But didnt feel like answering ??