Missed My Wp Renewal Date

I have a WP attached to my own company and have never done the 1 year extension, so leave the country every 90 days with my 1 year non b multi.

I did the visa run on Friday in time but after the closures of the Queens birthday and me forgetting, my WP is a few days past its expiry date.

(I know - it's my own fault!)

My accountant tells me I have to either apply for a new WP or it can be sorted with a bung of 10k baht but I wanted to check first with you guys if you knew what the "official" penalty is?

Thanks in advance.

HoJo

I'm always late and have never had any problem.

For example Entry stamp and Visa expires same day.

Go for a border run same date a couple of days.

Take copy of new stamp+WP to my lawyer and get it back next week.

in this example my WP has expired a couple of days. No Prob.

My accountant tells me I have to either apply for a new WP or it can be sorted with a bung of 10k baht but I wanted to check first with you guys if you knew what the "official" penalty is?

In my days of work permits I always found the labour department very friendly and helpful. I was also, for a time, doing the three month border run, which entailed extending the work permit each time. I used to do this myself, as I think it helps to get to know the people involved. A couple of times I missed by a day or two, never a problem.

I think your accountant is looking to pocket the cash for himself, "gullible Farang" springs to mind here.

In my days of work permits I always found the labour department very friendly and helpful. I was also, for a time, doing the three month border run, which entailed extending the work permit each time. I used to do this myself, as I think it helps to get to know the people involved. A couple of times I missed by a day or two, never a problem.

I think your accountant is looking to pocket the cash for himself, "gullible Farang" springs to mind here.

Go yourself and if you don't get any problems change lawyer.

I'm always late and have never had any problem.

For example Entry stamp and Visa expires same day.

Go for a border run same date a couple of days.

Take copy of new stamp+WP to my lawyer and get it back next week.

in this example my WP has expired a couple of days. No Prob.

You need to be careful. In my region, a lot of agencies 'book' the renewal with labour, before the expiry date, to allow time for clients to get their new visa/stamp copies back. The formal allowance is then seven days to produce all papers at labour.

If labour are not pre-notified, then your work permit will expire on the last day of its extension of permission.

As the op stated, the normal remedies are:

i) Re-apply for a work permit.

ii) Beg for 'mercy' and/or

iii) Find a 'cash' solution.