Airline Boarding Requirements

tutone

Will I be allowed to board a flight to Thailand having only a one way ticket as long as I have a tourist visa with a 6 month validity? I contacted Korean Airlines (I'm flying from the U.S.) and they said to ask the Thai embassy. I've got the visa. I don't understand why the airline cannot answer my question. I only want to know if I can board and fly having only a one way ticket and a valid visa. Anyone out there with any first hand experience?

Thanks

from the US, no. But from Australia on a one way ticker without a visa the check-in staff regularly used to ask for a return ticket. I always thought it was so the airline didn't bear the financial responsibility for returning the passenger to origin if they failed to get a visa or were refused entry for some reason even if they had a visa. I haven't heard of it being a requirement originating from the laws of a country.

If you have a visa you should be allowed to fly on a one way ticket, in my experience.

I fly from the USA every 6 weeks with a one way ticket, it is no problem, have done it with korean air too.

Rather strange, or maybe I have missed something. Every 6 weeks you buy a one way ticket? May I ask why a one way? A return ticket is far cheaper that 2 one way tickets, but maybe I missed something as I said. :o