Transport Box/cage Needed For Great Dane

elfe

• 2 weeks later...
does anyone know where i can get a big transport box for my great dane? he is about 80cm high (shoulder) and about 150cm long.

i need the box to be sent to koh samui.

You can use mine if you bring it back. I am in Bangkok and the box is an Air Cargo Kennel which I use for my 65lbs Labrador. PM me

Elfe - do you mind me asking where you brought your GD? Was it the breeder in Central Thailand, Ayudayha (spelling?) or did you buy elsewhere?

Im in the process of looking for two dogs; A giant type and a sporting bull type (Staff, AmStaff, Pit etc). I called that breeder and they want $1900 for a puppy! Apparently its a class german line or something..... but $1900??? Jeeez... (and why quote in $ by the way?)

There is one puppy for sale on Pantipplaza.com but its only 5000 and is advertised as 'pet quality' so the alarm bells are ringing there.

So... where did you find your furball elfe?

hi, i rescue dogs and my great dane was in a petshop in a tiny cage at age not even 2 months old. he had diarrhea and his joints were soft. also he is deaf, due to breeding the wrong colours together.

he is the most adorable dog though, due to his personality, not his size, which i wished was smaller (for his own comfort). this breed is very prone to heart disease, at age of about 5 yrs these problems are very common unfortunately.

if you really want this breed, select the breeder very carefully, the parents of the puppy etc.

Elfe - do you mind me asking where you brought your GD? Was it the breeder in Central Thailand, Ayudayha (spelling?) or did you buy elsewhere?

Im in the process of looking for two dogs; A giant type and a sporting bull type (Staff, AmStaff, Pit etc). I called that breeder and they want $1900 for a puppy! Apparently its a class german line or something..... but $1900??? Jeeez... (and why quote in $ by the way?)

There is one puppy for sale on Pantipplaza.com but its only 5000 and is advertised as 'pet quality' so the alarm bells are ringing there.

So... where did you find your furball elfe?

Hi Stan where did u find a English Staff breeder? I have searched high and low.

Thanks Elfe. I know about the health issues - im afriad our GD passed away when i was a young boy from heart issues. I did see the one GD for sale on pantip pets section but for 5000 Baht, im sure there are health issues there.

Good luck with your guy by the way. I read on the Samui forum that the poor sod is real sick at the moment. Is he still in Bangkok getting treatment?

Lukey1979 - i havent found a Staffy yet. The simple answer is, they dont exist in Thaliand. I have brought every single pet magazine. I have phone APBT breeders and asked if they know of any. I have phoned vets in BKK. I have posted on a few forums. I cant find one, anywhere.

So, im looking at getting an APBT instead. There are plenty of breeders here and some good sporting lines. I want a fit, trim, defined, powerfull dog that I can train on spring poles, a-frames, weight pulls etc in the back garden and whilst I would prefer an old time Staff for this, APBT's are just as sporting. I have found an AmStaff breeder in Chang Rai but Im not sure about them to be honest. I dont think they are serious breeders and they lied to one poster here about a puppys age, when they sold it to him.

I have found a cracking APBT for sale only 30 KM's from me. Seen him advertised today. Im going to look at the litter next week but the photos look good and they come from a good line.

I just need a second dog - a giant. A Great Dane, Dog De Bourdeux, Dogo Argentino or Mastiff. I may go for a Mastiff as there is a litter coming up in December and that will give me a few months to focus on socializing and obediance training my APBT puppy. Im keen to get a giant dog in terms of house prottection.... I have just moved to a fairly isolated house and the town has occasional break ins - not too many, but it does happen. I work from home so im there most of the time but if im out for a few hours, i need to know the place is in good hands.

The APBT would be no good for house guarding on his own.... they are a notorious soft breed who would likely lick an intruder to death, rather than scare them off!

(despite all the crap written about them, the Amrican Dog Temporant Society rates them in the high 80%, up there with Golden Retriever). A Dogo Argentino though would rip any intrudert to shreads - they are big, pwerfull and have a sixth sense for house prottection - yet are a loving, happy breed who crave attention and love people. Just not intruders!

Good luck in your hunting - but i doubt you will find one in Thailand mate.