What Visa Is Possible For A Thai To Study In The Uk

Hi all,

My Thai wife has a friend who works as a teacher in TL, she is 34, never married got 2 degrees in TL, own home, no kids, she wants to come to UK to go to University and study a Doctoral degree? Is this possible without a sponsor, or at her age? My wife asked me yesterday and I havent a clue how she come, any advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks

Newstart

Thx Moss, appreciate u trying to help! However Those forms seem to want a sponsor, I was trying to find out if its possible to come to UK to study without a sponsor.. She seems to be under the impression that she can come to UK to study without one, although I would guess she cant? Thanks again for taking the time to help meeeeeee !!!

As the rules currently stand, she should either be enrolled on a course or show that she is likely to enrol on a suitable course once in the UK. She doesn't need a sponsor, per se, but needs to show that she can meet the cost of her studies plus her maintenance and accommodation. She additionally has to demonstrate that she intends to leave the UK at the end of her studies, so evidence of a job to return to in Thailand would be handy.

When the points-based scheme is introduced, a lot of the responsibility for accepting students will be placed on the universities. They will essentially have to obtain a sponsorship licence in order to accept foreign students. They will have to show that they meet certain compliance standards etc. and will be expected to inform the UKBA if a student either fails to enrol or stops attending.

Scouse.