Toner Refill Service

chiangmaiexpat

Yes Pantip is definitely your place or at least one option.

Start at the end away from the lights (next to the stationery shop) go up one floor and at the back and to the left you'll see a lad sitting there in a corner shop who has a few printers at the front and each has the oversize plastic ink storage containers that eliminates the requirement for cartidges altogether (but this only applies to certain printers). He also refills cartidges and charged me 50baht for the black first time and didn't charge at all the second but I paid 50 baht anyway.

Alternately just buy the bottles from him as cmsally suggets.

I do not know about Brother laser printers, but if its anything like my Lexmark I would expect toner refilling a bit more expensive than the refilling of ink. I also think one should take care that the refill shop has toner that actually is suitable for your brand. I've got both good and bad experiences.

The good ones were with a guy in the back left corner in Icon Plaza (Well, I always mix up the names of those two computer places next to each other on the Northern moat, but only one of them has a print refill shop in the back left corner). First time he charged 600 Baht for replacing the original chip on the cartridge with one that would fool the printer into believing that the refill were done by authorized Lexmark people. The refill itself was 500 Baht. Second time no chip replacement, so only 500 Baht. Both times things all worked perfectly with absolutely no way to tell the difference between the refills and genuine brandnew Lexmark cartidges at 2300 Baht a piece.

Unfortunately, third time the guy was out of the right kind of toner, which he honestly told. I found another toner refiller (in the other of the above shops). After only a few printouts the paper started to get black stripes, which gradually worsened. I cleaned the printer and gave things a second try. Same thing. I gave up, cleaned the printer and bought a new cartridge. Hopefully, the first guy has got his stock refilled when the toner runs out.

For my printer I just buy the bottles of ink at Pantip and refill them myself.

Not easy for the colour if you only have one cartridge for all colours, but easy for black of course.

The other day I noticed a small stall by the checkouts at Carefour (opposite McDonalds) selling ink for toner cartridges.

Cheers...

Thanks rishi, I will look for the shop next time I am at Icon plaza and ask for Brother cartridge refills.

To the other contributors:

toner != ink

Ink refilling is fairly easier compared to toner refilling. It's a very fine powder that requires special handling. Also, the toner cartridges are more complicated than those for ink.

Thanks again and cheers,

CMX

• 6 months later...