Moving To Dubai

Hi,

We've just moved to Dubai from Bangkok with my french husband and young son. I've read in other postings that the Thai community is actually quite small here.

Any suggestions on how to get in touch with them ?? ( Consulate. associations, restaurants...?? )

Many thanks in advance.

Nut

http://www.thaiconsulate.ae/

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/dubai/

A good start.....

Hi,

We've just moved to Dubai from Bangkok with my french husband and young son. I've read in other postings that the Thai community is actually quite small here.

Any suggestions on how to get in touch with them ?? ( Consulate. associations, restaurants...?? )

Many thanks in advance.

Nut

@drummachine

Thanks for the leads but I've already tried those 2 and nothing much came up, especially from the consulate.

I was more counting on getting in touch with some Thais already in Dubai through this forum and start it from there.

Thanks again anyway !!

http://www.thaiconsulate.ae/

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/dubai/

A good start.....

Hi,

Many thanks in advance.

Nut

Perhaps go to the Dusit Hotel, nearly all the workers there are Thai. Also, the Thai food stands at the various food courts (mall of emirates, Ibn Battuta) are staffed by Thais, I'm sure if you went and had a chat with them they would help you out.

Edited by madjbs

Hi Nut,

The Consulate in Jumeirah celebrates the Kings b'day in Dec and last year there were lots of Thai's there so I'd recommend going to that. I don't know of any Thai associations as such, but the Dusit Hotel on Sheik Zayed Road is all Thai as madjbs says and you might meet some Thai's at the Friday brunch. It took my Thai wife a while to meet up with any Thai people here but she now has quite a sizeable Thai social circle, pm if you'd like to contact her.

@madjbs, many thanks for the lead for the Dusit hotel, we'll most likely drop by this friday.

@b19bry, thanks as well for the offer. Would be more than happy to get in touch with your wife. I'm new to this forum so what's the meaning of "pm" ??

Thanks in advance !!

Nut

Hi Nut,

The Consulate in Jumeirah celebrates the Kings b'day in Dec and last year there were lots of Thai's there so I'd recommend going to that. I don't know of any Thai associations as such, but the Dusit Hotel on Sheik Zayed Road is all Thai as madjbs says and you might meet some Thai's at the Friday brunch. It took my Thai wife a while to meet up with any Thai people here but she now has quite a sizeable Thai social circle, pm if you'd like to contact her.

• 11 months later...
@madjbs, many thanks for the lead for the Dusit hotel, we'll most likely drop by this friday.

@b19bry, thanks as well for the offer. Would be more than happy to get in touch with your wife. I'm new to this forum so what's the meaning of "pm" ??

Thanks in advance !!

Nut

Hi Nut,

Did you have any luck in locating the Thai community in Dubai. Me and the Mrs have just moved here as well and looking to make contact with the Thai Community here - if there is one?

Living at JLT and would be pleased to make contact - please drop me a PM.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Nut,

Give us a call, we are always meeting new Thai people in Dubai - we are from the north of Thailand.

It took us some time to find Thai friends, but there are quite a few here!

We've met many people through our work - we cook Thai & Isan food for Thai people all over Dubai. Call New * or Tom *

Edited by 7by7
This is an open forum and so it is unwise to post personal phone numbers; I ahve therefore removed them for the posters protection. If anyone wishes to contact New or Tom, please do so by PM; which are private and so a safe place for phone numbers.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

We have just moved to Dubai from Samui and I would love to introduce our Thai nanny from the north to the Thai community here. Any ideas? Are the previous posts still relevant today? Any help you can give me would be amazing. She is such a lovely person - also from Isan. Thx