Sms/yahoo2sms to thailand

lordsux

After recently returning from a great trip to Thailand ive been looking for a good way of sending SMS to Thailand via the web without much luck. Im trying to use Yahoo2SMS after 1-2-Calls callcenter recommended it.

My messages are being sent but have yet to recieve any replies.

Anyone using this system sucessfully? or maybe you are using another way of sending SMS´s to Thailand from the web, if so which?

I use ICQ to send and recieve SMS messages to thai mobiles. When it works its great get a reply back within a couple of minutes from the person i sent the message too. But sometimes it wont let me send any messages says the phone company is busy. But it works more often than not.

here are a whole host of others many will send and recieve worldwide.

http://www.textmefree.com/

I have been using Yahoo to send SMS to an AIS phone in Thailand without any problem,remember that the phone you are sending to must send one reply to you for it to continue working.ICQ is another way but i have also hade the problem that it says the phone company is busy try later.

I have looked at both esmszone and ICQ,

With ICQ im baffed about the Network# "Area Code" field, is this the first 2 digits of the phone# ?

And with esmszone I dont understand the dropdown menu with 01 and 07 are these area codes for Thailand?

Im trying to reach a 1-2 call #

01 and 07 are mobile codes for Thailand. If your friend has an 06 prefix then there is a problem. I am working on that! Watch this space.

And that she does :/

For some weird reason I can call her from my mobile but am unable to SMS her "scratch head"  ???

Network will be a single digit on icq like 9.

open add/edit # on ICQ and u will see country, put thailand in there, then network # like 9,  in next box then mobile # which should be 7 digits.

i have a friend with 9 as network code.

So should show up on icq as +66(9)1234567

I am also confused by this area code number.

I am trying to use ICQ to send sms to a mobile in thailand.

I need the country code (+66) plus a ten digit number.

The mobile number is of course a 9 digit number, so what is the area code for an AIS mobile in thailand.

Can anyone help ??

I am trying to use ICQ to send sms to a mobile in thailand.

I need the country code (+66) plus a ten digit number.

Surprising you would need a 10 digit number as well as the country code.

Make sure the box underneath the SMS phone number entry box is ticked "remove leading zero from number", or something like that.

Then its just a matter of choosing Thailand from the dropdown menu, entering the area code (01, 09 etc), and putting only the last 7 digits in the number box.

The reason some numbers dont work is because they are not activated for ICQ.  (ie some networks WONT WORK)

AIS numbers seem to work most times.  I think I have only had my gf's number rejected once by a busy network.  You can check the available networks for Thailand and any other country on this link:

http://web.icq.com/sms/smsnetworks/

I think ICQ is a brilliant service, and marvel at how fast it is to get a reply from khun gf's mobile on my computer.

Good luck. :laugh:

Thanks for advice SeaVisionBurma.

I have tried all the combinations you have suggested and it still does not work.

AIS is listed as a supported network so it should work OK and other posters here seem to be having no problems.

I am in Thailand and trying to send to an AIS mobile in Thailand using the email to mobile service.

trying to send to an AIS mobile in Thailand using the email to mobile service

That might be where the problem is.

Can you install the ICQ client on your computer (if not already)?

Then just use the ICQ in-built SMS service.

If you are using someone else's computer (eg internet shop) then try using ICQ-2-go, which is the same ICQ client, but web based.  Follow the link from the ICQ home page.  The computer will need to be Java-enabled.

Failing that - not sure what to do next!  Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

:cool:

http://www.siamzone.com/mobile/sms.php

Its dead easy and works 100%, you can even send thai fonts (if you can write thai)

The site is in Thai, but it is very very easy, just follow these instrctions.

(1) top left box, use scroll to get the first 2 digits.

(2) use middle box and enter the rest of the mobile number.

(3) top right, enter you name.

(4) main section enter your message.

(5) to send click the box under the message screen (next to didgit counter)

cellph~1.gif

YOU WLL GET A VISUAL REPORT, AFTER IT HAS BEEN SENT.

I have used it loads, to many different networks in Thailand, never had a problem.  HAVE  FUN

The most reliable method to AIS/One2Call mobiles, is via their own site; http://203.170.228.139/gsmweb/

Bear in mind, the person that you are sending to, has to register their telephone for the service. Either by dialling *931 or sending a blank text message(or one containing a secret number) to 900931.

Once they have done that, you can go to the site to send them messages. It will cost them one baht for each message and won't work if they have no credit on their telephone.   :o

Otherwise, you can take the earlier advice to get yourself an O2 online PAYG tariff. 300 text message and 300 WAP minutes for free. Yes, it true. You only have to top up with £10 every month, but you can use that £10 for call or more text messages. So, in effect you can have up to 400 text messages per month.

I'm don't know if the SMS are restricted to the UK only though. I haven't seen anything in their terms and conditions which alludes to this.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/cgi-bin....s=false

Perhaps, whomsoever subscribes can let us know.