The Official Meet Up Poll

girlx

Thai Visa Bangkok Piss Up  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

girlx I wouldn't be so quick to judge TV members.

yeah true but it is more a judgement of gullivers. i went to a bangkok meet up there before and it was horrible. plus, honestly (as several other people on here wrote me and said as well) if i wanted to meet a bunch of men at gullivers, i could go there any night of the week. :o i shouldn't have put it as an option on the poll but i didn't think people would really vote for it! anyway another reason i have lost interest is because i think i am headed back to NY in a few weeks, so you see there is more to the story...

who actually did end up going? i guess that 5000b went over well if there were only 8 of you!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who chose Gulliver's anyway? That place is a sh_thole, same goes for all of lower Sukhumvit and basically all of sukhumvit from 1-37 on the odd side and 2-22 on the even... I've never seen so many hos in my life.

But I wasn't a snob about it **cough girlx cough*** and I went. I had a moment of "<deleted>" as I pulled into the soi (thanks for the parking advice btw to whoever said Foodland) And I think I'd have a more legit reason not to be seen at Gulliver's than her. Oh and that Foodland is the most fcuked up Foodland I've ever seen. Let it be known.

Enough about that... yep there were more than 8 (which is pretty freakin sad anyway, because this is the BKK forum, come on people - even the old fogeys in Surin have better showings at their BBQ/pre-funeral get togethers). But yeah, besides the dude who sat by himself up front (LOL), there were at least 5 others who shunned the other 8 because they, ahem, didn't suit our "demographic" requirements :o

girlx I wouldn't be so quick to judge TV members. I'm sure TV has it's share of fat old balding dudes, but you never know who's on here... there may very well be some members who are out of your league as well... so let's try to be nice to each other here in the BKK forum and let Rukjung wreak havoc in the General!!!!

"which way to the gym?" LOL

yeah, morre fcuked up than Tesco/Lotus plus small fee for parking. Lucky still got all your wheels.

Edited by GaiYaang

yeah true but it is more a judgement of gullivers. i went to a bangkok meet up there before and it was horrible. plus, honestly (as several other people on here wrote me and said as well) if i wanted to meet a bunch of men at gullivers, i could go there any night of the week. :D i shouldn't have put it as an option on the poll but i didn't think people would really vote for it! anyway another reason i have lost interest is because i think i am headed back to NY in a few weeks, so you see there is more to the story...

who actually did end up going? i guess that 5000b went over well if there were only 8 of you!

Fair enough. I've never heard of gullivers and i've been here for 6+ years. Now I know why I've never heard of it.

But even after I pulled into the soi and thought about doing BKK a service by running down the hookers and other sketch on the street, I went in NOT because I was planning on posh, but because it was the place that was chosen by TV members for a TV meeting. (No, I really just wanted to meet jingthing and see if he was as pathetic in real life as he is on here :o jk - not.)

It was about TV not the place. Gave it a try and met some nice people (and that's without having met the other 8 plus the one guy in the front plus Chuck Norris (unless I was sitting with you and Texas Ranger is your TV ID!)

Ok next time we can raise the bar. How high do you want it? Because frankly you didn't set the bar very high with the choices you gave. (Not your fault, I suppose as you're new to BKK). The sky is the limit.

yeah, morre fcuked up than Tesco/Lotus plus small fee for parking. Lucky still got all your wheels.

Yeah seriously! They should have paid me for parking my car there! That Foodland was messed up!!!! If I came to BKK and that was the first thing I saw, I'd be on the first flight out....

lol i'm picturing us coming back to my car and it being on cinder blocks with no wheels hahaha

I find it quite amusing that those that didn't make it are blaming the venue. It's a pub for crying out loud... it's what you make of it isn't it?

Should the next meet up be in the Oriental Hotel for some cocktails?

8 out of 116 that voted showed up, it was fun, but would have been a lot better with more peps. Shame on the other 108 that voted :o

I must say 'sorry' for not making it after voting on your poll.

I live quite far away and just couldn't make it, so sorry.

I am astonished that "girlx" didn't take the time to pop in and see you all

after putting the meet together. What does that tell you about her?

Put me down for the next one . . . . . . Mick.

I find it quite amusing that those that didn't make it are blaming the venue. It's a pub for crying out loud... it's what you make of it isn't it?

Should the next meet up be in the Oriental Hotel for some cocktails?

8 out of 116 that voted showed up, it was fun, but would have been a lot better with more peps. Shame on the other 108 that voted :D

Can even 100 people fit in to one of those bars? :o

yeah true but it is more a judgement of gullivers. i went to a bangkok meet up there before and it was horrible. plus, honestly (as several other people on here wrote me and said as well) if i wanted to meet a bunch of men at gullivers, i could go there any night of the week. :o i shouldn't have put it as an option on the poll but i didn't think people would really vote for it! anyway another reason i have lost interest is because i think i am headed back to NY in a few weeks, so you see there is more to the story...

nevermind --.--''

Edited by RakJungTorlae

i hate gulliver's .... 180 baht for fried rice with pineapple

cocktalis there suck

waitress tryna speak Issan to me !!!!!

and butterflies there are much sexier than me !!!!

i cant stand with that ... BUawahahahahahah

Edited by thithi

Apologies from mrtoad, ended getting called at 6.30 whilst on my way into Sukhumvit that I needed to run through some tender documents, bloody deadline was Monday morning, and Friday night was the only time I could go through them with my work colleague :D . I shall make the next one, :o but hopefully it will be in a better venue.

I had a moment of "<deleted>" as I pulled into the soi (thanks for the parking advice btw to whoever said Foodland) And I think I'd have a more legit reason not to be seen at Gulliver's than her. Oh and that Foodland is the most fcuked up Foodland I've ever seen. Let it be known.

[...]

there were at least 5 others who shunned the other 8 because they, ahem, didn't suit our "demographic" requirements :D

girlx I wouldn't be so quick to judge TV members. I'm sure TV has it's share of fat old balding dudes, but you never know who's on here... there may very well be some members who are out of your league as well... so let's try to be nice to each other here in the BKK forum and let Rukjung wreak havoc in the General!!!!

Ok, maybe I am misunderstanding and you are being ironic, but whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat is the obsession with age all about? If I hear more mention of this "wrong demographic" bullshit I am going to despair. Back in 2004 I was only just 21 years old and I went to a Thaivisa.com meetup- I met some great people including one chap who I have been friends with ever since and has been like a mentor to me with Thai issues- he is about to turn 60 years old I greatly value my friendship with him. I also met some friends my age.

Some of you need to grow up if you think you can't have a good time with people not within 5 years of your age. I think the real issue is your lack of self confidence. I find it really weird some of you went and were too SHY to ask around for the right group of people! I myself had to ask 6 or 7 tables before I found the right one. Im still alive having done so!

For the Record, at least three of the people there were under the age of 27!

There was also a huge thailandfriends.com meet on the table right next to us with some 30 people from age 17 to 75!

And there's nothing wrong with gullivers, I come from a snobby English royalist family and if I can bloody well enjoy it so can you. "I cant be seen in Gullivers" what a load of TRIPE.

Life is too short, people!

:o

p.s. I think girlx is a ficticious character!

Edited by OxfordWill

aw ok so the meet up was a bit of a flop... there will be more in the future. and next time gullivers won't be on the list! i only put it on there because i was trying to cover all the venues people mentioned in the first thread talking about meet ups. at least some people managed to get together and have a good time, i don't think anyone should have felt obligatedto go- that kills the spirit of it.

as for me, i am pretty sure i exist :D - at least last time i looked in the mirror i was still there. but besides the fact that yeah, i am a bit shy to rock up to a place which is well known to be patronized by farang female hating sexpats on my own, as i mentioned i had problems at that venue in the past. & my plans have changed since the idea was conceived, and i may not be staying in bangkok much longer- it makes it easier to leave when i have fewer connections here . :o

Some of you need to grow up if you think you can't have a good time with people not within 5 years of your age. I think the real issue is your lack of self confidence. I find it really weird some of you went and were too SHY to ask around for the right group of people! I myself had to ask 6 or 7 tables before I found the right one. Im still alive having done so!

:D

A good point indeed.

Farang friends of mine in this country range in ages from 23 to 55+. What has age got to do with it? You either like the guy or you don't! In fact out of the multitudes I know and associate with, only a couple are roughly the same demographic as myself.

Well, then again I'm an oddball.... :o

Apologies to everyone.

I did make it there, walked in, didnt know where everyone was then walked out. Went up to afew ppl and asked Thai Visa but after afew, bugger offs and you police? replies I gave up.

It was a long trek to gullivers filled with danger (accosted by hordes of LBs and over effeminate gay guys on way to BTS, on BTS, exit of BTS, Nana and on way to Gullivers, I seem to be a LB and gay guy magnet) and when I got there I got a call and had to leave. BasiCally an old old old mate flew into town just for the night and I hopped over to Soi 8 to meet him.

maybe next time a more intimate area.

I had a moment of "<deleted>" as I pulled into the soi (thanks for the parking advice btw to whoever said Foodland) And I think I'd have a more legit reason not to be seen at Gulliver's than her. Oh and that Foodland is the most fcuked up Foodland I've ever seen. Let it be known.

[...]

there were at least 5 others who shunned the other 8 because they, ahem, didn't suit our "demographic" requirements :D

Ok, maybe I am misunderstanding and you are being ironic, but whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat is the obsession with age all about? If I hear more mention of this "wrong demographic" bullshit I am going to despair. Back in 2004 I was only just 21 years old and I went to a Thaivisa.com meetup- I met some great people including one chap who I have been friends with ever since and has been like a mentor to me with Thai issues- he is about to turn 60 years old I greatly value my friendship with him. I also met some friends my age.

For the Record, at least three of the people there were under the age of 27!

There was also a huge thailandfriends.com meet on the table right next to us with some 30 people from age 17 to 75!

And there's nothing wrong with gullivers, I come from a snobby English royalist family and if I can bloody well enjoy it so can you. "I cant be seen in Gullivers" what a load of TRIPE.

:o

p.s. I think girlx is a ficticious character!

so what dose a 17 year old boy and 75 year have in comin ?!!! Pass the weed Old Dude..! hey SunnyBoy I have an Itch i cant scratch. It and i cant get it up anymore.!!! That’s ok old dude.. Life’s to short~~

ThailandFriends OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ---.---''''''''''''''''''

i wondered how ThailandFriend could get together lotsa them.

also got a page there... but havent find nething interesting yet.

prolly bcos they got to see each other's pics and profiles

but here is hard to do so.

mai pen rai

wait till next meetin up

Thithi gonna stick Thai Visa logo on her forehead

{LMAO}

Edited by thithi

There’s a lot of lame excuse on this thread isn’t there.

As for me im actually a ghost. Now im in the grave at the wat with a notebook powered by a nuclear battery.. HA beat that!! lmfao.

I agree with Rak JT... too much DRAMA here....

Next time, let's have a guy be the organizer of a BKK TV get-together...

Maybe some of the excessively DEMOGRAPHIC/GENDER conscious TV folks instead spent the whole night over at the nearby ThailandFriends table...

Oooopppsss... sorry... gotta go... school recess is over... and my Mom's waiting for me at home with my after-school milk and cookies..... :o:D:D

It was only a simple meeting, everyone who did not show up don´t have to feel guilty and make excuses. I prefer Thong lor and Ekkamai. But let´s face it Gulliver´s is just a venue, it is not a war zone. I accept the "I-can´t -go-to -that-dreadful-place" talk if you are an 17 year old hiso Thai girl otherwise not...

And yes, I appreciated the mix of people. I felt like I was a member of the gang in the movie Ocean's Eleven :D.

To the members of the gang of "thaivisa´s Ocean´s 8": hope to see the same gang next time but maybe at a different venue. And then I won´t be that drunk that I have to go home early :o.

aw ok so the meet up was a bit of a flop... there will be more in the future. and next time gullivers won't be on the list! i only put it on there because i was trying to cover all the venues people mentioned in the first thread talking about meet ups. at least some people managed to get together and have a good time, i don't think anyone should have felt obligatedto go- that kills the spirit of it.

Speak for yourself.

The people that went along seemed to not have any problems with Gullivers. They have one of the sweetest smoking setups around. They have ashtrays outside - unlike Kao San by all accounts.

One member of admin was there & he seemed pretty happy.

Gullivers is a great meet up spot. Snobs who don't like it I wouldn't want to party with anyway.

If you want Ribs - Let's hit Great American Rib on Soi 36.