Not That I'm Complaining

midasthailand

Went to Central Bang Na branch of True today to have high speed Internet connected to my new digs, only to be told on presentation of my home phone number that the port was full, therefore I couldn't have ADSL2. Then I asked about WiFi and was told no can do. I then jumped on one of their computers and googled "Internet in Thailand" and found Inet, so now for 329 Baht I have one month of dial up. dam_n I thought I would have no problems getting high speed Internet, boy was I wrong.

They couldn't even let me book the next opening on the port so god knows when I will be able to get what I need. Oh well! TIT

BTW If anyone knows a method whereby I can get high speed Internet at home feel free to post here or PM me. Cheers

I tried TOT, TT&T and CAT.

For me CAT is the best. I have a 1 year contract with CAT with 2 Mb, I changed last week to 3 Mb because it is only 200 Baht more expensive.

So now I pay 3000 Baht for a 3 Mb connection. When my contract finishes I will move to 4 Mb for 1070 Baht. That is their promotion now but only in BKK for now.

Presumably you have a fixed line? If so, from which provider?

It is often possible to get DSL service from an ISP which is different from the fixed line provider. So for example, if you have a fixed line from either True or TOT you may be able to get DSL service from CSLoxInfo, provided they have deployed DSL equipment in your serving exchange.

You can check availability here --> http://www.adsl.csloxinfo.com/index_e.html , simply enter your fixed line telephone number.

////EDIT: I deleted the duplicate of this post.

Edited by Reimar
deleted double post

Don't feel bad about not getting connected they did you a service, if they had connected you it would be like ours a monthly bill and bad service. ToT 256/128 1600month

Wow, at that speed why don't you just switch to EDGE? In Samut Prakarn I was able to maintain high teens on downloads (136 kilobits).

It is often possible to get DSL service from an ISP which is different from the fixed line provider. So for example, if you have a fixed line from either True or TOT you may be able to get DSL service from CSLoxInfo, provided they have deployed DSL equipment in your serving exchange.

You can check availability here --> http://www.adsl.csloxinfo.com/index_e.html , simply enter your fixed line telephone number.

I tried this, but the returned link is in Thai, so I'll stick with True for now. (as I'd have no idea what I was picking)

Hi there,

thanks you for posting the link to CSLoxinfo, I punched in my number and unfortunately the answer was that I am not capable of receiving ADSL on that number. I filled in my details and they will check for me again but I don't expect I will be able to get it.

Hi there,

thanks you for posting the link to CSLoxinfo, I punched in my number and unfortunately the answer was that I am not capable of receiving ADSL on that number. I filled in my details and they will check for me again but I don't expect I will be able to get it.

I recommend to call CSLoxinfo and ask the sales staff. From my my own experiencies I can report I've got that service despite "number not capable".

Hi there,

I recommend to call CSLoxinfo and ask the sales staff. From my my own experiencies I can report I've got that service despite "number not capable".

Well, wonder of wonders, I asked a Thai friend to Call True and give my number.....suprise, suprise, the courier turned up at midday today and I am now happily typing away while connected to the True 890 baht/month plan. Happy as a pig in shit!! It seems webfact was right (albeit a different company).

Edited by midasthailand

Don't feel bad about not getting connected they did you a service, if they had connected you it would be like ours a monthly bill and bad service. ToT 256/128 1600month

Wow, at that speed why don't you just switch to EDGE? In Samut Prakarn I was able to maintain high teens on downloads (136 kilobits).

we are not getting the other services around here thats why I am stuck.  I just got 161 B/s notice the missing k and 3 minutes and 23 sec was the time to load this page. I was hoping they had it fixed last nite but its not.  Another fine job by ToT.  How long does it take to Initailiz Attachments part of posting page its still not done and I type with two fingers.