Canon Printer

Pushit

If it was a cartridge that came with the printer then don’t be surprised, they create special 'low capacity' cartridges and bundle them in free.

No, a replacement cartridge full price and I'm not happy. No interest fron Canon soAnother brand printer next!

Guest Reimar
If it was a cartridge that came with the printer then don't be surprised, they create special 'low capacity' cartridges and bundle them in free.

Sure and as they loose money an selling printers they make the money on supplies! That's business!!

Cheers

This may sound dumb, but remove the cartridge, give it a firm shake (cover the outlet if you think it may spray) and put it back in. The level indicator inside the cartridge is a plastic float and they get jammed sometimes thus not indicating the true level of ink...

Oz

Guest Reimar
This may sound dumb, but remove the cartridge, give it a firm shake (cover the outlet if you think it may spray) and put it back in. The level indicator inside the cartridge is a plastic float and they get jammed sometimes thus not indicating the true level of ink...

Oz

That sometimes work, you're right.

For Epson Printers it's different. On the original Cartridges are Chips and yopu can use an Chip restter about 2 times before the cartridge is really empty, or you use the SSC Utilities software, available on TV Download, for to reset the chips.

Cheers.

Oz

OZ good suugestion, alarm light gone out, I bite my tongue for now.

Thankyou.

Another thing that can happen is seal to allow air in not being removed correctly (especially non Canon tanks). Although this usually results in off color prints due to no ink being provided. I have been useing a Canon Pixma since they were introduced and believe they are great. Any problem I have had was do to non Canon ink tanks/ink and taking out print head and cleaning it and then install/adjust has got it back to 100% quickly.

or you use the SSC Utilities software, available on TV Download, for to reset the chips.

Im very interested in this bit as I use an Epson printer and the chip is always blowing,

Is there a link to this download ? I can't find one ?

Guest Reimar
or you use the SSC Utilities software, available on TV Download, for to reset the chips.

Im very interested in this bit as I use an Epson printer and the chip is always blowing,

Is there a link to this download ? I can't find one ?

HERE

Cheers.

Hi Reimar,

My Epson CX3500 is not listed in the list of compatible printers of the SSC software.

What is the risk if I give it a try? Does it just not work or could it potentially kill my printer?

I'm not brave enough to experiment.

Note: the download link on TV does not work for me. I got the file via the direct link you posted.

opalhort

Guest Reimar
Hi Reimar,

My Epson CX3500 is not listed in the list of compatible printers of the SSC software.

What is the risk if I give it a try? Does it just not work or could it potentially kill my printer?

I'm not brave enough to experiment.

Note: the download link on TV does not work for me. I got the file via the direct link you posted.

opalhort

No problem, just use one of the similar printers CX Type one, will works fine.

Cheers.

Thanks Reimar,

will do so when needed (will send you the bill if the printer goes bust ;-) ), just did a physical chip-reset after the printer reported empty a few days ago and since then have been printing at least 20 pages at good quality.

Just goes to show how much the printer companies are cheating us.

opalhort

If it was a cartridge that came with the printer then don't be surprised, they create special 'low capacity' cartridges and bundle them in free.

Sure and as they loose money an selling printers they make the money on supplies! That's business!!

Cheers

No thats not business. Things like that were forbidden in many countries some time ago (anti-dumping laws). If you are not selling the printer below your costs you don't need to make crazy profit with the ink....start lawsuits against people who sell a similar compatible ink....

Canon printer with new Pixma colour cartridge reports colour cartridge empty, hardly used , haven't printed any photos at all <deleted> is going on? B800+ down the toilet???

There is one thing you must be carefully (it happened to me).

"Hey Mr. we have the cartridge in the full package or just wrapped in plastic cheap cheap."

They sometimes sell the first original one which are coming with the printer. They have very low amount of ink.

Happened to me once...

Guest Reimar

Cheers

No thats not business. Things like that were forbidden in many countries some time ago (anti-dumping laws). If you are not selling the printer below your costs you don't need to make crazy profit with the ink....start lawsuits against people who sell a similar compatible ink....

I hadn't mean that the dealer sell below HIS cost! The today's most cheap printers are sold from the manufacturer like HP, Lexmark, Canon, Epson pp to the dealers. The dealer make his profit, that isn't a problem. But the manufacturer didn't with that printers, they make the money with the supplies. And if you use none originals supplies, they out of warranty!

And that is their Business! And it's totally legal!

Cheers.

I bought a new canon 1800, and likewise the thing ran out very quick. I since bought ink and syidge and filled myslef. It still shows empty but they print as normal. Lasted much longer since i filled myself too.

Ink with syridge was 130bht, fills about 10-12 times.