Massage Employment

a2396

What would be your reaction if your wife or GF suggested that she get training to learn massage and to later obtain employment in such line of work? I am talking about legitimate massage jobs in Thailand, if there are any really.

What would be your reaction if your wife or GF suggested that she get training to learn massage and to later obtain employment in such line of work? I am talking about legitimate massage jobs in Thailand, if there are any really.

I don't think you are headed for a happy ending. :o

As in any line of work, there are those who DO....and those who DON'T...

Those who do....make a fair amount of extra money...provided they are attractive enough to keep a client base... I'd assume you don't want your wife/GF in the DO-ING category...

Those who don't would be expected to make a fair amount less money (maybe 80-100 baht per customer plus tips, if any)... unless they somehow manage to land a position in a pricey salon/spa of some kind. Otherwise, it's little money and lots of guys still pawing at you on a regular basis....because they think or hope you DO....

In either scenario... not the best for your wife or GF....

Why such a negative attitude by you guys we do Thai Massage in our place hence it is not a

massage parlour we have home stay as well. Most clients are women I have never seen a guy

getting a massage in our place yet. Apart from me :o

Why such a negative attitude by you guys we do Thai Massage in our place hence it is not a

massage parlour we have home stay as well. Most clients are women I have never seen a guy

my wife suggested it to me because a lot of money could be made in massage, but i said no because i didn't want her hands caressing horny old men for a few hours at a time.

Well, she's caressing YOU...isn't she???? That doesn't count??? :o

So you won't mind if I stop by your place to get your wife to massage me?

massage parlour we have home stay as well. Most clients are women I have never seen a guy getting a massage in our place yet. Apart from me :o

Sorry...but...I have a very good attitude about Thai massage... Love to do it myself... prefer the regular style Thai massage.... not special...in all honesty.... And...I have longtime friends here who both own and work at Thai massage shops.... So... I'm speaking from experience.

Having said that, the choices in most shop settings around BKK would be pretty unfavorable for someone who was going to be my wife or GF.... Either 1) low pay and guys pawing her all the time.... or 2) better pay...and her pawing other guys all the time.... Neither would be my cup of tea....

Not a problem at all

:D

Not a problem at all

Nothing wrong with it really. My ex worked at a hotel doing in room massage late at night. money was crap but great tips. Mainly elderly Thai businessmen customers but she did have 2 lesbians one time 555. Kept me in Chang and smokes! It never did bother me her leaving in the middle of the night to do 2 hours work. Depends if you are a jealous type I guess.

She was very shy and backwards about sex in general though and also carried a knife in her bag. She said it was annoying being propositioned for sex every night, but all she had to do was call a hooker friend to come to the room after she had finished her regular massage. More commision.

I *think* there are "legitimate" places. In any case, whatever she does or doesn't do will be entirely her own decision, no matter where she works.

If she were to live overseas she could possibly run a reasonably profitable small business if skilled. Many foreigners come here to train. However, I don't suppose much money could be made in Thailand. Is the money aspect the main motivation ? If yes, there might be better options. I have always thought it must be in some ways quite a difficult job and not one you'd want to do unless you have real enthusiasm for it.

Nothing wrong with it really. My ex worked at a hotel doing in room massage late at night. money was crap but great tips. Mainly elderly Thai businessmen customers but she did have 2 lesbians one time 555. Kept me in Chang and smokes! It never did bother me her leaving in the middle of the night to do 2 hours work. Depends if you are a jealous type I guess.

She was very shy and backwards about sex in general though and also carried a knife in her bag. She said it was annoying being propositioned for sex every night, but all she had to do was call a hooker friend to come to the room after she had finished her regular massage. More commision.

Your first paragraph - kept me in Chang and cigs = in Thai, mangda (sp) :o

LOL I wasn't pimping her out , honest

How romantic!!! You were fine with your (now ex) "being propositioned for sex every night" because it kept you in beer and cigs... Clearly, a match made in heaven....

Why such a negative attitude by you guys we do Thai Massage... ....I have never seen a guy getting a massage in our place yet. Apart from me
I used to prefer women to give me massage, I quickly progressed from choosing one based on looks to one with big shoulders and some upper body mass - now I prefer a man giving me a massage - IMHO better quaility work and no 'issues' with regards to strength and working around one's inner thigh.

Not a good idea.

Especially if she will be working in a touristy area full of farangs. Most of these shops are little better than brothels.

If she denies this, she is probably lying to you. Thais know full well what goes on in these shops. Sorry :o

JJ.

my wife suggested it to me because a lot of money could be made in massage, but i said no because i didn't want her hands caressing horny old men for a few hours at a time.

Well, she's caressing YOU...isn't she???? That doesn't count??? :o

i'm the only horny man she is allowed to touch

My answer would be a simple NO.

Simply I have had massages in many places naughty and non-naughty the only ones that I go to now are genuine open plan no curtain massage schools (Chiang Mai) Can't trust myself ........

I dont think it would be right for my girlfriend/wife to do massage for other people

Just my feelings on the issue.

The legitimate hotels/resorts do hav employment opportunities however they will want you to do their training course, There will be a contract, a low wage, and girls will work mostly 28 days a mth. Hard work but the righty resort in the right area will provide generous tips. Suggest you contact the more upmarket resorts at Hua Hin , Phuket etc.

So many massage gals around, I would think it would be hard to make any dosh out of this. Never been to a place where I wasn't propositioned - been to legit places too. Mind you I want a massage then I want a massage not a bloody shag. Oh if she does get into this work - tell her no oil massage, only thai. :o

Most bar girls who have been unlucky enough not to find a farang become a masseuse. Unfortunately this does tarnish the occupation somewhat!

That's a bit of a wide sweeping comment, which I doubt is even close to hitting the mark.

Read it in a book and I know of one that took that route. What do you think the unsuccessful bar girls do? I would have thought that becoming a masseuse was a far better route than the other available!

Thank you all very much for your comments. I think my opinions follow the majority here, that it is not really an occupation one would have their GF or wife doing. There is way to much "hanky-panky" in these joints. Maybe a high class hotel spa an exception. This came up as a result of a "hare-brained" scheme of her Mother, who wants more money. My lady in question is 38, so not a 20 something sexpot. She has a cousin working in BKK as an "on-call", so this is partly where Mama got the idea. I told her that she could take training in this, if she really wanted, but I wasn't paying for any of it and she was not to work in this occupation, if whe wanted to continue seeing me. She and her Mother get adequate money from me and the whole idea is greed based.

For whatever it's worth, most of the massage ladies I know in BKK who work in regular shops.... not those specializing in "special" massage ... have never previously worked as so-called bar girls.... Most have, though, gone from shop to shop to shop over a period of years....