Do You Use Suntan Lotion?

Erawan

I was just wondering, how many of you actually use sunscreen and regularly? We're told we should, and that we should reapply it every two hours or so, but how many people actually do this religiously?

I myself try to put some on everyday, but only the once... and only on areas of my skin that will be exposed. Gotta get a stronger factor... at least 60 (the paranoia).

I never use it myself, but I ci\over up all the time, if I am on a beach somewhere with my top off I will put suncream on, but wandering around my local area and bangkok, never. guess this is a little stupid but I am a pretty dark skinned and only have my forearms and face exposed.

I never use it. just take great care in covering up. I am fair skinned and burn very easily, so I tend to steer clear of beaches and swim in pools for relatively short times only.

I have previously been hospitallised for severe sunburn, but not in Thailand and, on that occasion, I had no way to avoid it.

When you teach yourself to take care, you will always do so and not suffer. If you rely on lotions and potions, you tend to take unintentional risks when your rub on runs out.

Wake up, go outside, walk to a resurant and eat breakfast, go buy a newspaper, walk out to the beach.... all while completely naked!  :o

accomplished, one day about 3 years ago.. Cap d' Agde, France

I have already done it maaaaaaaannnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyy times, thanks.

No one does suggest it here in Thailand, the Ozone hole is down south,

not on the equator.

However we probably should.

I am starting to get small bumps and warts after 20 years of exposure.

See. When you got you should wear clothes.

I was just wondering, how many of you actually use sunscreen and regularly? We're told we should, and that we should reapply it every two hours or so, but how many people actually do this religiously?

I myself try to put some on everyday, but only the once... and only on areas of my skin that will be exposed. Gotta get a stronger factor... at least 60 (the paranoia).

It's called SKIN CANCER folks. Really be very careful and use a good sunblock if you are going to be out in the sun for any extended period of time. Please be careful, the cancer can lead to death and even if it doesn't the treatments are not all that much "fun" either.

Ken,u hit the nail on the head..it does cause cancer, melanoma. I am sure most Australians would relate to skin cancer awarness since it is drilled into us as kids . I always slip, slop, slap when out in the sun and do a mole check every week or so. A few times i get crazy looks from other falang at the beach when i put cream on. But then I figure most of them are western Europeans who have no idea what damage getting a tan does to your skin. Sorry, don't mean to lecture but it just aint worth it.

Ken,u hit the nail on the head..it does cause cancer, melanoma. I am sure most Australians would relate to skin cancer awarness since it is drilled into us as kids . I always slip, slop, slap when out in the sun and do a mole check every week or so. A few times i get crazy looks from other falang at the beach when i put cream on. But then I figure most of them are western Europeans who have no idea what damage getting a tan does to your  skin. Sorry, don't mean to lecture but it just aint worth it.

Yes Torana, I can relate to exactly what you are saying.About 10 years ago I had a mole cut out of my back. Now this mole , according to the Doctor looked ok, but he would remove it just to be sure.When I had the stiches removed , the Doc gave me the results from the lab. He told me that I was perhaps one of the luckiest people, because the mole was turning malignant and it was caught just in time. I am olived skinned and do not normally burn that much.

So guess who covers up now days??

That's caused by NZ sun! The sun in Thailand is no comparison to Australia or NZ when it comes to burn time.