Thai/english - Certified Translations For Immigration To U.s.

Hi,

My first post. But I have been baffled for months on something that should take 2 days to understand. I know "this is Thailand" but....

United States Immigration would like to have copies of wife's divorce certificates, translated into English and with a certification of "correct and complete" and certification of "translators competence."

There is no such thing here and it has baffled me. Either you get a certification for "correct" only or send it all to the Ministry of Foreign affairs for second stamp of certification when translator is done.

I have searched out quite a few sources to try to understand what to do, and I have a mangling of answers to sort out that leaves me still guessing.

Lastly the ACS in Bangkok gave me a probable answer. I am pretty sure that the people working there are Thai. So the answer goes like this....

"In Thailand they send document translations to the MFA to be 100% sure, but the

USCIS probably will accept the translations with just the certification of correctness from the translator.

Does anyone out there have any experience with Thai to English translation certifications for divorce certificates for immigration of spouse to the United States?