Iban Of Siam Commercial Bank

After having some problems with not getting money transferred with the SWIFT code of the Siam Commercial Bank, i start to get confused about the banking systems...

The bank in Ireland asks for the IBAN, and refuse to make Money transfer by SWIFT.

Does anybody know the IBAN Details of the SCB, if there is one ?

or what shall I do ?

cheers,

No IBAN numbers in LOS...

Your bank must use the SWIFT code...

As many others, I do this with my bank in Europe and no problem.

Good luck

Me too, done it twice in 2 weeks--don't ask why, stupid mistakes at my UK bank--but, they have both finally arrived in Siam Comm.--first one was, as per, very propmpt--only SWIFT code, bank name, address, and the ovious--your name, account no.--usually a photocopy of your passport, UK driving licence [sometimes] and recently a photocopy of front/ back of issuing banks debit card with 16 digit no. written on same sheet--sign all sheets--FAX the lot. Good luck--I was going to say hurry up before pound, or Euro in your case, drops further--but, yippee, the baht's droppping too.

No IBAN numbers in LOS...

Your bank must use the SWIFT code...

As many others, I do this with my bank in Europe and no problem.

Good luck

I concur with the above given advice.

I have made such transfers now on many occasions.

SWIFT code for Siam Commercial Bank is: SICOTHBK

Fill out the transfer form details such as recipients account number, name, and branch details. Always ensure you send money in local currency (Euros in your case) so as to achieve the better exchange rate rather than making the conversions at source.

Good luck!

Always ensure you send money in local currency (Euros in your case) so as to achieve the better exchange rate rather than making the conversions at source.

times have changed. i was checking the last few days and found that transferring THB from my bank is a wee bit better than transferring foreign currency (to SCB). difference insignificant though.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

My first post. :o

I have been a customer of Siam Commercial Bank for the past 4 years.

I tend to take TC's or cash with me on my bi annual hols and deposit them into my account and use my debit card for my spending money, etc.

I know that I can send a TT (wire) from my bank in the UK to my account in LOS but I would like some way of checking in a reasonable time frame, to see if its hit my account.

Does anyone know if SCB has internet banking and if so can farangs use this facility?

Would it be possible to apply online?

I suppose I could wait until my next trip (Jan 09) and walk into a branch and ask.

But I thought I would ask . . . . . . . .

Thanks

I have used SCB online for almost 3 years and do all my transfers up to now from the US to my account here. All done on line at both ends.

Depending on the time of day I initiate the TT the money hits my account in about 18 hours.

After a transfer and the next opportunity I visit my SCB branch and have them print a detail report of the TT for my records.

Hello

My first post. :o

I have been a customer of Siam Commercial Bank for the past 4 years.

I tend to take TC's or cash with me on my bi annual hols and deposit them into my account and use my debit card for my spending money, etc.

I know that I can send a TT (wire) from my bank in the UK to my account in LOS but I would like some way of checking in a reasonable time frame, to see if its hit my account.

Does anyone know if SCB has internet banking and if so can farangs use this facility?

Would it be possible to apply online?

I suppose I could wait until my next trip (Jan 09) and walk into a branch and ask.

But I thought I would ask . . . . . . . .

Thanks

Yes you can apply online unfortunately at the end it tells you to print the forms and take the required ID with you to your branch :D . I did all this and when I went back to LOS I reapplied in the branch using their terminals to set up passwords etc. It works very well and you can transfer money in Thailand to third parties very easily.

I have been using it for a long time and I am very happy with the service. Trying to apply and activate it only online will not work, despite everything the wesite tells you. You must go to your branch at some stage in the process. Also for transfers you will get one time passwords which are not emailed to you but sent via sms to your Thai mobile. Once set up these one time passwords are discarded.

I hope this helps. :D

ps also when i send money to my Thai bank SCB. I see it in the account online within 2 working days. As previous poster I do both ends of the "banking" online.

Edited by maprao

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know if SCB has a routing number? I want to transfer money from my US ING account online to a Thai SCB account.

I asked in person and by phone, they haven't the slightest clue what a routing number is . . . :o

Well that figures, because routing numbers are used in the US only.

You will have to use the SWIFT code, which for SCB is: SICOTHBK