Scanning Documents To Reduce Bulk

crabstix

I am going to leave Thailand soon. I have a lot of printed materials which I do not wish to carry as they are too heavy.

Is there any software out there (free or paid) which I can use to scan documents and then save them as a single pdf file?

I have approximately 500 worksheets which I want to make into 1 pdf book instead of 500 individual pdf files.

PDFCreator is a free tool to create PDF files from nearly any Windows application.

Key Features:

• Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
  • Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc.
  • Send generated files via eMail
  • Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
  • AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
  • Merge multiple files into one PDF
  • Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
  • Terminal Server: PDFCreator also runs on Terminal Servers without problems
  • And the best: PDFCreator is free, even for commercial use! It is Open Source and released under the Terms of the GNU General Public License.

Accept no substitutes!

PDFCreator's popularity, achieved through word of mouth advertising, has motivated other commercial software vendors to try to fool people who are looking for the free software PDFCreator to purchase their own commercial software version instead, by using a similarly spelled name to "PDFCreator". Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDFCreator

Edited by Rice_King

I am going to leave Thailand soon. I have a lot of printed materials which I do not wish to carry as they are too heavy.

Is there any software out there (free or paid) which I can use to scan documents and then save them as a single pdf file?

I have approximately 500 worksheets which I want to make into 1 pdf book instead of 500 individual pdf files.

My cheap Canon scanner came with the PDF software? Any scanner copier usually comes with this? My office Xerox can do a whole manual in a few minutes and create a mutipage PDF or tiff doc.

Yes, it's the way to go, and travel light with PDF volumes rather than hard copies.

If you have the scans done already and they are single page files, just merge them, Adobe Acrobat Professional does this easily enough.