Accommodation In Or Near Nakhon Phanom

Taijitu

Hello,

I would like to visit Nakhon Phanom on the 14th October 2008 to watch the "Lighted Boat Procession" again. Naturally, the hotels that I've checked on the Internet are fully booked for the 13th and 14th October. Does anyone know of any alternative accommodation in, or near, the town. Phone numbers would help.

Thank you mak mak.

Hello,

I would like to visit Nakhon Phanom on the 14th October 2008 to watch the "Lighted Boat Procession" again. Naturally, the hotels that I've checked on the Internet are fully booked for the 13th and 14th October. Does anyone know of any alternative accommodation in, or near, the town. Phone numbers would help.

Thank you mak mak.

Hi Taijitu, my wife is from Nakhon Phanom and I know from experience that you will be very very lucky to get a hotel room during the festival. There are 3 or 4 other small hotels in NP but the only one that comes up on any search is The River View, there is another hotel next door to it called the Grand View (042) 513 564-70, and 2 or 3 smaller hotels in the town centre but I don't have any phone numbers, sorry. Hope this helps

Carlo (Brigante7).

I think you may be too late, sorry, they are usually booked well in advance. Apart from the main hotels on the river there really isn't much alternative. You could rent a car and sleep in it though if you were that desperate to see the show or maybe you could stay in Sakorn Nakorn and drive back after the show, bit of a drag though.

Hi,

There is plenty of alternative accommodation available in Nakhon Phanom, but as other posters have pointed out it might be too late to book for the festival.

These are the ones I have stayed in before I started renting my house in Nakhon Phanom.

JR MANSION (tel no 042516356) up past the hospital on the same side of the road, currently being extended to double the size I think it is unlikely the extension will be finished before the festival. Hope your Thai is of a reasonable standard very little English spoken here when I stayed. Normally 350 baht a night but 2-3 times that during festival.

BAAN RIMKHONG (tel no 042521500/042520234) new room for rent block on the Mekong River Road in the Nong Seng area of town. Again very little English spoken when I stayed here just after it opened. Normally 400 baht a night.

Charoesen Bungalows sorry no number for these. Located just south of the town on road to Mukdahan. Normally 500 baht a night. I stayed here during the 2005 festival as nowhere else had rooms then, will probably need your own transport if staying here.

Here are other ones that I have not stayed in, sorry no phone numbers also.

WINSOR HOTEL

FIRST HOTEL

KRUNKRAO PLACE

SEETAP HOTEL

SP MANSION

GRAND HOTEL (not grand view hotel on the river)

If you need any numbers I could get them for you when I return to Nakhon Phanom on 7th September.

Hope this is of some use to you.

Mr Conrad

I'm always impressed with the knowledge and information that members of this Forum possess. Thank you to Carlo, Gymshark and Mr. Conrad for all of that information. Yes, I will have my own car with me so your suggestions and telephone numbers will be noted down and carried with me. Any further telephone numbers will be appreciated Mr. Conrad.

I agree, driving back to Sakhon Nakhon will be a drag........as will a drive to Mukdahan or even Tat Phanom.

Thank you again.

Edited by Taijitu