International Drivers License

ok I tried to do a search of the threads on this without any luck.

I did a internet search and there are a zillion different ones

easy questions ref thai license and not taking the test, does it matter where the internationl license comes from or just as long as it says international driving license. any recommendation/were did you get yours

thanks

I had mine issued by the Canadian Automobile Association in Vancouver cost $13 Canadian. I think you have to have it issued where your current licence is issued. My wife got her's in Chiang Mai from an agent that charged a fee for sending the stuff to Bangkok (500Bt plus the agent fee).

The IDP (Intern. Driving permit) should be issued in conjunction with your local licence. I did use one issued in Hong Kong, also holding a local HKG driving licence.

My son, presently studying in Germany, presented earlier this year an IDP from Germany which caused a bit of a problem, apparently the officer in charge never saw one before. :o

Asked for the local German one, which was shown, the new EU-licence in credit card form. Apparently neither saw this one previously, but finally accepted and issued a 5-years licence on the spot after the color test.

ok I tried to do a search of the threads on this without any luck.

I did a internet search and there are a zillion different ones

easy questions ref thai license and not taking the test, does it matter where the internationl license comes from or just as long as it says international driving license.  any recommendation/were did you get yours

thanks

"without any luck?" :o Try searching for "International driv" - there's only 3 pages of topics on the subject: :D

Here

Yes, there were lots of topics dedicated to the Thai Driving license.

Anyway...

Just recently, I got my at Bangkunthien the Transport Office Area 1 in Bangkok.

My International Driving permit was not accepted simply because it had no expiration date on it. So, I have to pass all the tests. It wasn't too difficult by the way. In total it took ~ 4 hours.

If your International Driving permit looks good and have an expiration date, most probably it will be accepted, no matter the country.

But, you will never know till you try...