Thailand Today

paul700

If I had to choose among Bush. Blair, and Taksin, I would easily choose Taksin.

Err? Now come on, Old Tony's not so bad as the other two, and I don't thiunk there are any significant claims of humans rights abuses against him, unlike Bush and Taxin.

Wake up Thailand and leave Dr. Thaksin alone!
I am not speaking on behalf of Thailand, these are my own thoughts and observations over the past two years. I am quite entitled to my opinions, that is what a forum is for. I also do realise that not all the Thai people are against Thaksin. Whether you agree or disagree is up to you.

That is speaking for Thailand. Yet most of rural Thailand supports Thaksin.

Once regarded as peaceful friendly people, they are now crazy in mind, protesting at any decision that the government makes. The have soon forgotten the old days where twenty baht had to last for your food all day.

They have become westernized and with it they have become hypocrites, vindictive, jealous and antisocial people.

Come to think of it, you've insulted them too.

Your opinion is of course allowed. But don't expect many to agree with you on this one.

This is a wind up surely?!?!

If, on the off chance it's not, all I can say is paul700 , your a certifiable looney. Now take your medicine there's a good fellow.

100% agree with you.

He believes in democracy and the rule of law :o , definitively a looney :D !

If, on the off chance it's not, all I can say is paul700 , your a certifiable looney. Now take your medicine there's a good fellow.

100% agree with you.

Unfortunately, democracy only works when the electorate is educated and informed, and not willing to vote for whoever gives them the most cash.

Thailand isn't ready for democracy.

100% agree with you.

Unfortunately, democracy only works when the electorate is educated and informed, and not willing to vote for whoever gives them the most cash.

Half the reason democracy hasn't had a chance to get moving is the fact that vote buying suits all sides equally (so they have never really made an effort to stamp it out) and the army won't keep their tanks in the barracks for more than a few years at a time.

It is very sad to see the people of Thailand treating their former Prime Minister with such disrespect. What has happened to the people of Thailand?

Once regarded as peaceful friendly people, they are now crazy in mind, protesting at any decision that the government makes. The have soon forgotten the old days where twenty baht had to last for your food all day.

They have become westernized and with it they have become hypocrites, vindictive, jealous and antisocial people.

Wake up Thailand and leave Dr. Thaksin alone! You have very short memories. You must know that it would be difficult for him to have a fair trial here, and one can't blame him for the decision that he has made.

A load of rubbish

:o:D

100% agree with you.

Along those lines, you could say no nation on earth is...

i think one of toxins lawyers is posting on this site

:o

Yeah. Nopadope has been pretty quiet recentley, so about time he did something for his puppetmaster. I got a feeling a few other Toxin lawyers may not be online at present after they got caught delivering some dodgy bakery goods to the courts. :D

Shall we pass the hat around for the poor sod?
No need to pass the hat round, as an immigrant I,m sure the british govt will find all types of allowances and benefits he is entititled too :D He can always become the king of the asian triangle in lancashire ( for our septic and colonial readers) Blackburn, Burnley and Nelson :o

Maybe the English can also give him an Honoury Knighthood ? Seems plenty of criminlas get similar treatment? That might help make up for all the suffering the poor man and his wife are going through at the moment.

100% agree with you.

True, but tax cuts are often justified as "encouraging business" :D . Handing out 100 baht notes isn't quite as subtle.

It is very sad to see the people of Thailand treating their former Prime Minister with such disrespect. What has happened to the people of Thailand?

Wake up Thailand and leave Dr. Thaksin alone! You have very short memories. You must know that it would be difficult for him to have a fair trial here, and one can't blame him for the decision that he has made.

Hello Paul,

I am replying because your post got my attention (seems others thought your font too small?)

Thanks for your brief summary of the Thai condition. Maybe it's just as well they've forgotten the old days when 20 baht bought a day's food. I think most are happier these days.

As for your patron Saint, Dr., Pol.Lt.Col., ex P.M. (on the run) Thaksin Shinawatra, one wonders why he has a team of lawyers running around preparing litigation against all & sundry when he feels the Thai legal system is faulty?

Not all Thais are crazy or protesting against the government. However the Thais have the closest thing to a democracy when compared to their neighbors Burma, China,Vietnam etc.

I do blame him for the decision he made. Before he fled he wasn't a criminal by definition. His wife was. But when they commited the crime of jumping bail they cancelled any credibilty they had left.

And if you're trolling, I took the bait. :o

I am not trolling, I am being genuine, and feel sorry for this man and his wife. Yes, I do understand what he has done, by not returning to Thailand and you are quite right to have your own feelings about this. All that I am thinking of, is putting myself in his position, and I would have done the same thing I'm sure. As for the old days, I'm pleased to hear that most Thai people are happier these days. What I was trying to put over was that Dr. Thaksin did help a lot to change the way of life for most people, especially the poor. I also do understand that he still has lots of support and not everyone is against him. I also hope my government in England help to protect him and don't send him back to Thailand to be made a laughing stock. He deserves better than that. He is a rich man as you know and he was a rich man before he ever became Prime Minister and I just hope he can enjoy his new life in England without any more worry. He made his decision and I respect him for it.

Do you really believe this tripe?

Edited by farang prince

100% agree with you.

That's what Switzerland, a very respected democracy, came up with during some recent elction.

Unfortunately, as Winston famously said " democracy is the worst form of Government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."

post-54001-1219478980_thumb.jpg

I am with you Paul :o At least as long as there is selective law, and not everyone involved get punished. Some here thinks that if only Thaksin and Samak out of the way, everything will be good again, don't worry, they will sooner or later know how wrong they are!

So funny you believe you can speak for everyone in Thailand. Obviously you don't have a clue, otherwise you would know that most of Thailand still supports Thaksin and his policies even though most of the people in Bangkok don't.

No one should ever have the right to flee from justice - Thaksin is not above the law.

So stop picking on Thailand and its people. Open your eyes and learn a bit more about the people and the politics before you presume to tar everyone with the same brush.

Get lost!

Hello Paul,

I am replying because your post got my attention (seems others thought your font too small?)

Thanks for your brief summary of the Thai condition. Maybe it's just as well they've forgotten the old days when 20 baht bought a day's food. I think most are happier these days.

As for your patron Saint, Dr., Pol.Lt.Col., ex P.M. (on the run) Thaksin Shinawatra, one wonders why he has a team of lawyers running around preparing litigation against all & sundry when he feels the Thai legal system is faulty?

Not all Thais are crazy or protesting against the government. However the Thais have the closest thing to a democracy when compared to their neighbors Burma, China,Vietnam etc.

I do blame him for the decision he made. Before he fled he wasn't a criminal by definition. His wife was. But when they commited the crime of jumping bail they cancelled any credibilty they had left.

And if you're trolling, I took the bait. :o

I am not trolling, I am being genuine, and feel sorry for this man and his wife. Yes, I do understand what he has done, by not returning to Thailand and you are quite right to have your own feelings about this. All that I am thinking of, is putting myself in his position, and I would have done the same thing I'm sure. As for the old days, I'm pleased to hear that most Thai people are happier these days. What I was trying to put over was that Dr. Thaksin did help a lot to change the way of life for most people, especially the poor. I also do understand that he still has lots of support and not everyone is against him. I also hope my government in England help to protect him and don't send him back to Thailand to be made a laughing stock. He deserves better than that. He is a rich man as you know and he was a rich man before he ever became Prime Minister and I just hope he can enjoy his new life in England without any more worry. He made his decision and I respect him for it.

Do you really believe this tripe?

This so called 'tripe' is called honesty.

So funny you believe you can speak for everyone in Thailand. Obviously you don't have a clue, otherwise you would know that most of Thailand still supports Thaksin and his policies even though most of the people in Bangkok don't.

No one should ever have the right to flee from justice - Thaksin is not above the law.

So stop picking on Thailand and its people. Open your eyes and learn a bit more about the people and the politics before you presume to tar everyone with the same brush.

I do have a clue, I follow what is going on.

100% agree with you.

lets go all the way. there is no democracy anywhere in the world. the french come closer than the rest.

I think the OP ought to come down south. Anywhere will do. Stand on a stage and shout in that bold type "Thaksin is great!" Then get ready for the rocks. A similar effect could have been achieved during the UK miners strike and shouting "Long live Maggie" :o