Land For Sale Advice.

Mosha

This is from a post I made in March of 2006:

"The land title my wife has is Sor Tor Gor and in Thai is written as ศ. ฅ. ก."

My understanding is that the last word "Gor" matched the Thai character which is the "G" sound in Thai and is also the first character in the Thai alphabet. If Sor Tor Kor is the same as Sor Tor Gor, then I am more inclined to believe that the article linked to by lannarebirth is spelling it incorrectly.

My wife could be wrong, but this is what she insisted to me emphatically when I demanded to know what type of title it was because she bought it while I was in the US and I was concerned about the legallity of the purchase. As I said earlier, we sold 17 of the 27 rai she bought, so I'm no longer concerned about it.

This is from a post I made in March of 2006:

"The land title my wife has is Sor Tor Gor and in Thai is written as ศ. ฅ. ก."

My understanding is that the last word "Gor" matched the Thai character which is the "G" sound in Thai and is also the first character in the Thai alphabet. If Sor Tor Kor is the same as Sor Tor Gor, then I am more inclined to believe that the article linked to by lannarebirth is spelling it incorrectly.

My wife could be wrong, but this is what she insisted to me emphatically when I demanded to know what type of title it was because she bought it while I was in the US and I was concerned about the legallity of the purchase. As I said earlier, we sold 17 of the 27 rai she bought, so I'm no longer concerned about it.

Sor Tor Kor-- Sor Tor Gor, same same. I'm not speling it wrong, the english language translitration is wrong. I just thought I'd use what would be a likely mistake to do a search. If you did a search in Thai language, using thecorrect spelling, you would likely find much much more on the subject.

Hi guys, I need to come back to this topic and Por Bor Tor 5 and squatters rights. This is the type of land the locals are buying all the time and building on it ie houses. They are not in the least concerned. Now my wirfe has a piece of land we purchased last year under the same title with a house on. Alright the advice seems to be don't touch with a barge pole, however the Thais don't sem to uhavea problem. Ideas?