Working In Thailand

HI EVERYONE, I AM A FILIPINA, A FRIEND OF MINE FROM THE PHILIPPINES WANNA WORK HERE IN THAILAND, AS A TRUCK DRIVER OR IF EVER HIS PLANNING TO STUDY WELDING, HE DIDNT FINISH ELEMENTARY BUT HE KNOWS HOW TO DRIVE BIG TRUCK, HE IS JUST WONDERING IF I CAN HELP HIM WHAT TO DO TO GO TO OTHER COUNTRY LIKE THAILAND, I DONT KNOW WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE THINGS HE SHOULD DO, PLEASE HAVE A LITTLE TIME OR EXPLAINING AND WRITTING ME WHAT THINGS TO BE DONE HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES BEFORE HE CAN GO IN THAILAND, WHERE TO GO, WHAT TO DO. DO HE ALSO NEED AN EMPLOYER BEFORE GOING THERE? AND IF EVER CAN YOU HELP US WHERE CAN WE FIND OR WHO TO CONTACT TO FIND AN EMPLOYER FOR HIM AND WHAT A GOOD AGECY CAN HELP US FOR GOING TO THAILAND, THANK YOU....

ANGEL

HI EVERYONE, I AM A FILIPINA, A FRIEND OF MINE FROM THE PHILIPPINES WANNA WORK HERE IN THAILAND, AS A TRUCK DRIVER OR IF EVER HIS PLANNING TO STUDY WELDING, HE DIDNT FINISH ELEMENTARY BUT HE KNOWS HOW TO DRIVE BIG TRUCK, HE IS JUST WONDERING IF I CAN HELP HIM WHAT TO DO TO GO TO OTHER COUNTRY LIKE THAILAND, I DONT KNOW WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE THINGS HE SHOULD DO, PLEASE HAVE A LITTLE TIME OR EXPLAINING AND WRITTING ME WHAT THINGS TO BE DONE HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES BEFORE HE CAN GO IN THAILAND, WHERE TO GO, WHAT TO DO. DO HE ALSO NEED AN EMPLOYER BEFORE GOING THERE? AND IF EVER CAN YOU HELP US WHERE CAN WE FIND OR WHO TO CONTACT TO FIND AN EMPLOYER FOR HIM AND WHAT A GOOD AGECY CAN HELP US FOR GOING TO THAILAND, THANK YOU....

ANGEL

FIRSTLY it is very impolite to post in capital letters. Secondly, your friend can study in Thailand, but driving a truck will not be permitted.

Basically foreigners cannot do jobs Thai persons can do. So driving a truck is out of the question.

He most probably will not be able to work legally due to his lack of schooling and his lack of expertise in a certain field Thailand lacks.

Jobs for which he might be able to legally work are those involving communication with Philippine nationals (manager in a Philippine restaurant for example) as there his Tagalog (and/or any of the gazillion other dialects you have over there) proficiency can be his expertise not available in Thailand.

To stay here a prolonged time to study, he will have to come here first, enroll and pay for his studies (1 year upfront!), after which he will be supplied with paperwork from the school/ministry of education with which he then can go get an education visa at any of the Thai embassies/consulates abroad.

That visa will enable him to stay for a year without having to leave, with 3 monthly check ins at immigration showing you are still studying.

This visa can be had 3 consecutive years maximum.