Thaksin's Visa

Just wondering seeing as we have to jump through so many hoops to get our families into the UK, how did Thaksin and his Mrs get their visas and how long will they be able to stay? Surely 6 months max? Or has he got some kind of business deal because of the football thing.

Or is it just a case of money talks again?

Just wondering seeing as we have to jump through so many hoops to get our families into the UK, how did Thaksin and his Mrs get their visas and how long will they be able to stay? Surely 6 months max? Or has he got some kind of business deal because of the football thing.

You said it....Or is it just a case of money talks again?

As I understand it Thaksin has a "business" visa on the basis that he invested more than 1 million pounds in the country (Purchased Man. City). AFAIK this type of visa is valid for 3 years and is then extendable to a maximum of a further 2 years, so long as the investment remains. I am told that after being in the UK for 5 years the visa holder can apply for a resident permit which would presumably mean he could stay "for ever". Where this leaves the wife and children I am not sure.

uk should not have let him in ,gary glitter was refuse entry to thailand,convicted of crimes he denied did not commit,taksin has run away from his crimes ,not to much difference to me between these two

I bet Mr Gadd is not impressed with that comparison!

Cheers

uk should not have let him in ,gary glitter was refuse entry to thailand,convicted of crimes he denied did not commit,taksin has run away from his crimes ,not to much difference to me between these two

I bet Mr Gadd is not impressed with that comparison!

Cheers

post-28619-1219481267.jpg

A marvellous oportunity has slipped by. When GG was in Bangkok a swap deal for Thaksin and Potofjam should have been negotiated by the respective governments.

Did he not enter the UK on a Diplomatic passport?

Samak or someone said it won't be revoked.

I don't know what category of visa he has, but my sources have informed me that it was referred to the UK for a decision.

I think the most likely scenario is that outlined by Prem R in which case his wife and any children under 18 could qualify as dependants. Failing that, the only other realistic option is that he's currently in the UK as a visitor.

I wonder if he requires the services of an immigration adviser?

Scouse.