Best Practise Area/facilities

Jonny B

hi, im looking for the best course around pattaya, chonburi area that has the best practise facilities. I mean a decent driving range that can hit of a grassed area, putting/chipping/bunker area etc that are in good condition and maintained. I currently practise at Bangpagong riverside which has the best facilities ive managed to find so far, just wondering if theres anything better out there for someone that is looking to practise everyday and get to a professional level.

thanks

None of the area driving ranges have complete facilities. There is always something lacking and it usually seems to relate to their need to rent you range balls with no distractions. To find a decent putting green is next to impossible unless you use one of the area courses. Siam Country Club comes to mind as having the best available at present.

Plutaluang navy course has a range with only grass to hit off. No mats. And the soil is very sandy. The practice green is usually in good shape and there is a bunker there too. I don't like that the range is so far from the green that you must drive to get there. Also, like most other courses around the area, there is no place to practice chipping and pitching.

Another course with a good practice green is eastern star. Although the green was starting to get worn down last time I played there. The range is also grass but is very sandy soil so not very good for practicing.

If you do find a good allround practice facility please post it here. Btw, where is bangpagong and what is it you like about the facilities there?

Jonny B, hope you don't mind but rather then starting a new topic, would it be considered rude if on a slow day, just paying for nine holes and practice pitching, chipping and putting around the course greens with multiple balls?

hey, thanks for the replies guys, as i presumed there wasnt much, slo i guess i will stick with bangpagong.

SPACER - bangpragong riverside g.c is pretty close to the new airport, probably 20 - 30 minutes before you reach the airport. if your coming from pattaya/chonburi just after you pass the rest area on the highway with kfc and mcdonalds on both sides, im sure uve been past it to or from the airport, nway just after u pass that area there is a bridge that goes over thje bangpragong river, immediately after going over the bridge, almost on the downslope of going over the bridge will be a turnoff, take that and follow it, stay in right lane and turn right at lights, just follow that road for approx 3 km, the course will be on your right hand side, will have a u-turn directly in front of the entrance.

the practise facilities there are quite good, have a very big driving range with both a grassed area and alot of mats, balls are only 20 baht for 40, its often very quite during the week, have a practise green can chip to and a putting green thats in pretty good condition, just a little slow for my liking, but its definately a good place to practise. im there most days when not away.

about practising while playing its a bit hard as the caddies tend to be a bit impatient to that sort of thing, especially difficult when have people behind you, also i prefer to practise alot and seperate from the actual course.

Jonny B, hope you don't mind but rather then starting a new topic, would it be considered rude if on a slow day, just paying for nine holes and practice pitching, chipping and putting around the course greens with multiple balls?

Sorry but I think it would be very rude and inappropriate. :o

Golf on the course and practice on the range.

If you are not limited to Pattaya, the Bangkok golf club has the best practice facilities. The best chipping area and putting green I have seen. The main course is good and is lighted. There is also a par 3 course adjacent to the main course. There are two putting greens and the primary putting green is better than all but a few I have seen in 50 years of playing. The chipping green is huge so a person using the sand bunker will not be affected by others practicing. The bunker is so large and well maintained that I have seen 3 golfers working out of the bunker. The main driving area has grass area but is usually not open to regular patrons. The golf school will use it and it is in great condition. This course is in the northwest corner of Bangkok off the 306. My daughter is a junior golfer and we are relocating to Bangkok from Pattaya specifically for these practice facilities.

If you are not limited to Pattaya, the Bangkok golf club has the best practice facilities. The best chipping area and putting green I have seen. The main course is good and is lighted. There is also a par 3 course adjacent to the main course. There are two putting greens and the primary putting green is better than all but a few I have seen in 50 years of playing. The chipping green is huge so a person using the sand bunker will not be affected by others practicing. The bunker is so large and well maintained that I have seen 3 golfers working out of the bunker. The main driving area has grass area but is usually not open to regular patrons. The golf school will use it and it is in great condition. This course is in the northwest corner of Bangkok off the 306. My daughter is a junior golfer and we are relocating to Bangkok from Pattaya specifically for these practice facilities.

thanks pakboong, sounds great, bit of drive but sounds worth the drive to check it out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...