Landside Bar At Suv?

whisperer

I am picking up two arrivals over two hours next weekend and thought I could take the first for a drink or two while we wait for the second. Small problem. Are there any decent bars landside at SUV? There's some nice pubs landside at Chep Lap Kok and Changi but I have never identified any bar landside at SUV. I hope this is simply a product of my resounding ignorance and there is something. But the prospect of being forced to buy my friend a meditative ale at a Black Canyon is simply too depressing!

Yeah there is one but I forget the name. Overpriced, like Bt160 a Heineken. Better value if more than a couple of hours are the pay lounges. Didn't have enough time last time to see latest prices.

I think the bar is on the 4th floor, lounges on 3rd and toilets on 2nd ! No toilet in bar !

Two Family Marts

Heineken 35 baht.

Your choice of any landside seat.

and they are all as hard&uncomfortable as <deleted>

A portable, inflatable rubber ring weighs just 200 grammes and gives relief from the hardness and metallic chill of airside seating. Large bottles of Chang are available for 38 baht from airside Family Mart.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah there is one but I forget the name. Overpriced, like Bt160 a Heineken. Better value if more than a couple of hours are the pay lounges. Didn't have enough time last time to see latest prices.

I think the bar is on the 4th floor, lounges on 3rd and toilets on 2nd ! No toilet in bar !

Where are the pay-lounges and what names? Never seen them.

Where are the pay-lounges and what names? Never seen them.

I assume they are talking about the CIP/Louis Tavern-operated lounges AIRSIDE?

AFAIK the only place where you might be able to get an alcoholic drink LANDSIDE would be the restaurant which is on level-ish 6/7 and is accessible via elevator/escalator and the rear of the check-in hall on level 4. Maybe you can get beer/wine at some of the eateries LANDSIDE on level 3 or at the food court on level 1?

• 3 weeks later...