PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

It's hard to tell...sometimes NBT is cutting away to taped footage they filmed earlier and have been repeating...of ambulances and such... Sometimes...it's footage I haven't seen before... but hard to tell when it's live and taped...

PS... anyone know about those large, black colored police trucks they keep showing... Are those carriers for more police....or trucks to hold those who would be arrested????

Carrying food supplies and entertainers apparently.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why

Are some

Posters here

Posting in

Haiku

?

Shoot ye not

a rubber bullet

up my Grannys

rear end

Khum Samak

Guys, guys, guys.

Haiku goes like this :

5 syllables

7 syllables

5 sullables

Em-pe-ror Thak-sin

Twen-ty-five years in the bin

Pay-ing for his sins. :o

Edited by Tony Clifton

The PAD is now setting up a human wall.

Earlier in the day they said the police were welcome to come and arrest them. They would not use their supporters as shields.

So better make their minds up.

But then again it does tend to be the supporters that caught up in the crossfire. After all the leaders have to survive to fight another day or take a long holiday; whatever the case should be.

sorry... NBT briefly showed riot police outside the grounds moving in on some people and then a confrontation, with the people running away.... before cutting away....

But Thailand Outlook is continuing to show the demo occurring inside continuing...with no apparent disruption yet...

Do good leaders try to take over the government and send armed masked thugs on illegal drugs to take down NBT and stop freedom of the press??

I take it you're not familiar with Samak's prior history in shutting down newspapers and the student massacres?

No they don't,

but TRT and PPP supporters DO have a documented history

of violent armed attacks on dissenting voices,

often while under the influence all across this country.

Case in point the pro Thai Rak Thai Caravan of the Poor violently

taking over the Nation paper because thy didn't like their words.

The recent armed attack on PAD in Chaing Mai by a p-artly intoxicated mob.

This is the kettle calling the teapot black.

Earlier in the day they said the police were welcome to come and arrest them. They would not use their supporters as shields.

But then again it does tend to be the supporters that caught up in the crossfire. After all the leaders have to survive to fight another day or take a long holiday; whatever the case should be.

Sally, I would guess by now you're used to this. Neither the government nor the PAD can keep their own promises.

What upsets me is that the Palang Dharma monks are there - they have no reason to be there because this is hardly a religious occasion. They are pawns as well.

Will the monks inside be murdered like those in the Burma demonstrations? :o

Only if the PAD thinks they are PPP.

Could you elaborate or explain that one please?.... but feel free to do the google searching first. (Realizing the pages are flipping by rapidly in this thread, it was post #1097).

WOW..that's really misleading on their (NBT's) part....

I'll take your word on that...since the demo seems to be continuing...

But it's strange..I watched the news all day today...and never saw that particular footage until just now...

Oops sorry i thought it was live.

Cheers, Rick

Don't blame you... LOL... as jfchandler was saying...

I've got NBT on the TV and ASTV online going at the same time - stupid rhetoric from the ASTV distracted me from my usual round at utourgolf and cost me a beer... boooo :o But seriously - watching both channels, one can be very sure when any real activity is taking place - all I hear at the moment is hot air.

WOW..that's really misleading on their (NBT's) part....

I'll take your word on that...since the demo seems to be continuing...

But it's strange..I watched the news all day today...and never saw that particular footage until just now...

NBT plays tapes constantly - just to give people a feel of what has taken place - and without warning they cut to live scenes. I've seen that tape at least 6-7 times today, but then again I also had NBT running online at work though I wasn't always watching - just in case, you never know...

I might add that videostreaming today has been steady as a rock, both on True at work and on CSLoxinfo here at home - during the Olympics NBT was completely unwatchable.

Edited by onethailand

I saw articles for your first statement, but not your second. Could you please provide?

NBT just interviewed a police official about 30 minutes ago - and the police official said that it would be impossible for police to round up the protesters, they simply do not have the resources to arrest and hold them - so instead it was suggested that they focus on arresting the 9 leaders instead.

This information quickly appeared on Poochatkarn (Manager)'s website - so I expect it will be on Thailand Outlook pretty quickly as well.

Anyone want to begin taking bets...this will be another 3 am shift change special...at this point???

I think that your dog (avatar) has got the right idea mate. Its going to be a long night especially for the PAD and the police.

Cheers, Rick