PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

Will the monks inside be murdered like those in the Burma demonstrations? :D

Naturally, and so they should be, later their bodys will be hung on the fence as a warning to other holy and peaceful people not to defecate on government property.

Tomorrow when it is all over and the blody bodys of thousands have been cleared away Samak will sell a couple of telecommunication company's to foreign buyers and in so doing endangering Thailands military defence capabilitys, immideatly after that he will give away an old ruin or two to Cambodia triggering a war led by the brave freedom fighters of PAD, reporting of the war will be by giggling high so girls on TOC channel being just about the smartest people they can find in their movment.

Thaksin will return to restore order and Thailand will change its name to Taxistan.

Ohh the cruelty of it all, you Sriracha John and your like minded posters will have fought in wain all these month on Thai Visa, but dont worry, there is always places you can go to if things get to bad like North Korea, Yemen aso. where order is kept by traditional good dictators :o:D

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously don't have time to read the entire thread, could someone quickly summarise <deleted> is happening?

Thanks.

See for yourself...

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm?http://wwitv.c...nnels/b2973.htm

I would say to sum it up...democracy in action, but then of course there are those who would disagree, but at least we can disagree, which is a right in itself

NBT just interviewed a police official about 30 minutes ago - and the police official said that it would be impossible for police to round up the protesters, they simply do not have the resources to arrest and hold them - so instead it was suggested that they focus on arresting the 9 leaders instead.

This information quickly appeared on Poochatkarn (Manager)'s website - so I expect it will be on Thailand Outlook pretty quickly as well.

That's interesting news... thanks for passing that along....

But even apart from the arrests question...the govt. is still saying they need to clear/reclaim the site for the upcoming royal event...

Whether they arrest or not... trying to clear a site of 20,000 or 30,000 people who may not want to go.... is pretty messy business...

Some observations - the crowd inside Government House does not look nor sound enthusiastic - maybe they're hot, maybe they're tired, who knows - but despite the fiery speeches of some of the presenters, the audience seems halfway disinterested.

Not quite the type of support I would've expected to see.

They are fighting to overthrow the government by unlawful means and you support them?? Perhaps you have been drinking too much. Do you think the PAD is clean by commiting treason??

i was no supporter of pad until recently, when i hear the rants against the only people who care about thailand peacefully. despite plenty of provocations by paid agents who want to discredit them. watch tv and look at them sitting, listening, singing. that is not unlawful but a democratic right. it's even a duty for every sincere democrat to fight a corrupt mafia or a wannabe dictator like tax-sin until the bitter end. see gandhi, martin luther king, nelson mandela and dalai lama. they all were called traitors by unjust powers. even the american independence started as treason. thailand got rid of tax-sin and it will get rid of his string-puppets, if you like it or not.....amen

btw, tell your friend 'journalist' that he is a poor troll only.

fyi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_disobedience

Edited by scyriacus

(BangkokPost.com) - The Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police, Pol Gen Patcharawat Wongsuwan, said after the court’s injunction for the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) to move out of the Government House on Wednesday night that the police will not use assertive means to move the anti-government group out of the compound.

Pol Gen Patcharawat said the police are ready to handle the situation and will try to negotiate with the PAD leaders to prevent confrontations from erupting. The police have plans to get to its key members without hurting women and children, should they use them to shield from the authority, he added.

The police have also prepared prison trucks and ambulances nearby the Government House.

It is reported that the police plan to negotiate with the PAD core members at around midnight, and if they fail to comply with the court’s order, another round of negotiation could take place at about 3am. If the second negotiation does not work, the authority would hold a meeting to discuss their stance again.

Naturally, and so they should be, later their bodys will be hung on the fence as a warning to other holy and peaceful people not to defecate on government property.

Tomorrow when it is all over and the blody bodys of thousands have been cleared away Samak will sell a couple of telecommunication company's to foreign buyers and in so doing endangering Thailands military defence capabilitys, immideatly after that he will give away an old ruin or two to Cambodia triggering a war led by the brave freedom fighters of PAD, reporting of the war will be by giggling high so girls on TOC channel being just about the smartest people they can find in their movment.

Thaksin will return to restore order and Thailand will change its name to Taxistan.

Ohh the cruelty of it all, you Sriracha John and your like minded posters will have fought in wain all these month on Thai Visa, but dont worry, there is always places you can go to if things get to bad like North Korea, Yemen aso. where order is kept by traditional good dictators :o:D

Are you taking over the night shift for the journalist?

looks like it could be happening now TOC just cut out?

I thought the same thing - then they went to a bunch of station promos... LOL...

More than likely there's no presentation going on at the moment, and no action - so why not get a little self-promotion in?

ubonjoe, thanks for that. I am hearing the same thing on NBT now... they're talking about the next period of 5-6 hours...

Edited by onethailand

Some observations - the crowd inside Government House does not look nor sound enthusiastic - maybe they're hot, maybe they're tired, who knows - but despite the fiery speeches of some of the presenters, the audience seems halfway disinterested.

I had the same feeling in watching the proceedings tonight... Not nearly as enthusiastic as this time last night... But then again, I wouldn't be either...if I'd been there for 24+ hours straight in the heat, rain, dark, etc....

I had the same feeling in watching the proceedings tonight... Not nearly as enthusiastic as this time last night... But then again, I wouldn't be either...if I'd been there for 24+ hours straight in the heat, rain, dark, etc....

I'm not so sure it's the same people - I believe they are also doing shifts of a sort. As people come in, some people will leave and make way.

That said - given the supposed tenseness of the situation, the chance that the police could come storming in any minute, etc - if one were really fervent about the PAD, their adrenaline would be running very high and undoubtedly they'd be very vocal as well.

I don't get that feeling at all - to me it seems more like they are resigned to possibly being arrested.

Do good leaders try to take over the government and send armed masked thugs on illegal drugs to take down NBT and stop freedom of the press??

I take it you're not familiar with Samak's prior history in shutting down newspapers and the student massacres?

No they don't,

but TRT and PPP supporters DO have a documented history

of violent armed attacks on dissenting voices,

often while under the influence all across this country.

Case in point the pro Thai Rak Thai Caravan of the Poor violently

taking over the Nation paper because thy didn't like their words.

The recent armed attack on PAD in Chaing Mai by a p-artly intoxicated mob.

This is the kettle calling the teapot black.

What happened to Samak's pledge that "no one will be allowed in" that he made to the foreign media yesterday? Or for that matter his pledge to wait patiently and "starve them out"?

Given the number of eggs and lunchboxes that were being freely handed out and around, it occurs to me that starving them out isn't going to work :o

I do remember the "no one will be allowed in" part - and to be sure, I have not seen any scenes of people moving in or out, but one of the leaders said during his last presentation that people should not feel obligated to stay - just as the police are doing shifts, the protesters could also do shifts.

What happened to Samak's pledge that "no one will be allowed in" that he made to the foreign media yesterday? Or for that matter his pledge to wait patiently and "starve them out"?

What happened to 24 hours yesterday? Dusk or 6 pm tonight? 11 pm??? midnight??? etc etc etc...

Maybe he figured...being Thai people...they can't go very long without eating.... But then again... no seeming difficulty so far in either people or food/supplies getting brought in...

Maybe...and this would be my bet... it was just more talk talk talk.... connected or not with reality...

I have to say one thing. I have a lot of respect for ASTV.... when they could be capitalizing financially with paid commercials, while everyone is watching, they are playing free, public service announcements about AIDS, Child labor, etc.

No John, some things are better left alone, and others are not. "Others" is waiting in my bed :D Goodnight :D

What happened to 24 hours yesterday? Dusk or 6 pm tonight? 11 pm??? midnight??? etc etc etc...

Maybe he figured...being Thai people...they can't go very long without eating.... But then again... no seeming difficulty so far in either people or food/supplies getting brought in...

Maybe...and this would be my bet... it was just more talk talk talk.... connected or not with reality...

I think in Thailand, nobody would even deprive his worst enemy of food ;-)

Channel 3 reports that proceedings on stage have stopped, which will explain why ASTV is broadcasting station promos. So much for their claim of "24 hour live coverage"...

The PAD has also claimed that the police do not have the authority to clear Government House - apparently that responsibility falls on another department. I wasn't able to follow it quick enough, nor is my Thai "fast" enough to catch or understand the various departments, being that I am not native. I will update that if and when I figure it out :o

I'm not so sure it's the same people - I believe they are also doing shifts of a sort. As people come in, some people will leave and make way.

That said - given the supposed tenseness of the situation, the chance that the police could come storming in any minute, etc - if one were really fervent about the PAD, their adrenaline would be running very high and undoubtedly they'd be very vocal as well.

I don't get that feeling at all - to me it seems more like they are resigned to possibly being arrested.

The crowd tonight is locked in for the night. Very sad for all those who thought they'd just come for the entertainment. I wonder what they'll eat for breakfast?

I have to say one thing. I have a lot of respect for ASTV.... when they could be capitalizing financially with paid commercials, while everyone is watching, they are playing free, public service announcements about AIDS, Child labor, etc.

I believe that, by law, ASTV is not allowed to air commercials. Station promos and public service announcements are of course permitted.

Umm... it's back online now... with more music...

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the government right now....because for the life of me...I can't figure out any sense to how they're operating...

I've covered a lot of civil disturbances in my career.... And one thing most authorities don't do is make a lot of empty public threats that they don't then follow through on.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not advocating any rash action here... or that the authorities rush in... But politically...it's hard to understand why they keep talking one thing and then doing something else....

Then again...this is Thailand...

Given the number of eggs and lunchboxes that were being freely handed out and around, it occurs to me that starving them out isn't going to work :o

I do remember the "no one will be allowed in" part - and to be sure, I have not seen any scenes of people moving in or out, but one of the leaders said during his last presentation that people should not feel obligated to stay - just as the police are doing shifts, the protesters could also do shifts.

Samak said people are allowed to leave but no one is allowed in... and I've not heard or read of any news that that hasn't happened. People are tired... frankly, I'm surprised they are as enthusiastic as they are... the stage presentations have been non-stop during this time. There are realistically risking their lives by their presence... with these considerations, I would consider anyone still there as "fervent".

I agree with the sentiment but the NSDAP was elected by the German people.

The BBC gave a very shrewd comment today on BBC world news today.

When asked who is funding PAD pointing the finger upwards very clearly at those who dare not be named here.

Check the website

Odds on theres a coup before Xmas

Any bets on Sep 19th anyone

The Bell will ring

No John, some things are better left alone, and others are not. "Others" is waiting in my bed :( Goodnight :D

Goodnight... I hope your hangover in the morning isn't too bad. :D

About the subdued crowd.

I guess most were just pawns really, and thinking about it the barricades prevent anyone from leaving too. So they are already in prison in a sense.

Maybe it's dawning on them that they are in for a beating, so you wouldn't expect them to be tap dancing I suppose.

Samak said people are allowed to leave but no one is allowed in... and I've not heard or read of any news that that hasn't happened. People are tired... frankly, I'm surprised they are as enthusiastic as they are... the stage presentations have been non-stop during this time. There are realistically risking their lives by their presence... with these considerations, I would consider anyone still there as "fervent".

Somehow, I don't think they are able to keep people from going in - the PAD has repeatedly announced that members from whatever province were coming in, that universities were coming in or on their way... etc... if they could not get in, what's the point? All that would happen is that that area would come to a complete standstill - and by the pictures we've seen so far, there does not appear to be any major disruption.

About the subdued crowd.

I guess most were just pawns really, and thinking about it the barricades prevent anyone from leaving too. So they are already in prison in a sense.

Maybe it's dawning on them that they are in for a beating, so you wouldn't expect them to be tap dancing I suppose.

Not sure where you are getting your news from. People are coming and going in and out. Two sets of university students just arrived. There is music, and lots of upbeat dancing right now