La Miggy Is Female Afterall :o

MiG16

Thanks EEK & MIG - I thought so too - straight from THE TEACUP HAUTE OF COUTOUR!!!

Brown & green? it will be on you, MIGY - Oh well….if you have “the body“, any color will look good :o

And

At least we all will have 2 whole months to play with mitchly matchy for the purple one, instead of 2 days!

Later ….MIG & all ladies

TC

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its not a bright green

its the one you see in pics I posted, and some have said it works :D

(well I hope it works.....) :D

thankyou everyone

I think we should continue with this thread...I quite like the idea of learning to mix and match and accessorise.. :o

yuk!

should have worked out that carib was being a meanie

after all he does have the meanie look garfield as an avatar :o

when I saw 'coke' as the last resort in that youtube tips, I kinda worked out they were taking the mickey! :D

imagine how many other clueless girls like me would have ruined our dresses :D gggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

thank the forum for SBK :D

speaking of shoes

(in another thread)

so back to my purple dress

I have 3 options:

1. Dress with black shoes, black bag, and black shawl

2. Dress with white shawl, white shoes, (need to buy new white bag)

3. Dress with greyish/silver shawl, (need to buy new silver bag AND silver shoes)

Im leaning more towards the black option, but can easily pick up a nice new white evening bag if you girls tell me white will work better with the dress?

or other thoughts?

thankyou everyone :o

per chance -- anyone been to a vietnamese / or chinese tea ceremony?

I think your instinct to go with the black is a good one miggy. Maybe other ladies here will disagree, but I recon black is best with purple. I also think that the colour should be 'lifted' in some way with accessories, as the colours are a bit dark. Silver works well with black and Purple, so maybe some statement silver jewellery, such as a thick bracelet and/or chunky silver pendant. ..?

yuk!

should have worked out that carib was being a meanie

after all he does have the meanie look garfield as an avatar :o

when I saw 'coke' as the last resort in that youtube tips, I kinda worked out they were taking the mickey! :D

imagine how many other clueless girls like me would have ruined our dresses :D gggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

thank the forum for SBK :D

I'm not too into cleaning products but I don't think Carib was taking the mick--WD40 will loosen the dried-in oil giving you a chance to get some other soap-based cleaner to do the real cleaning--you do run the risk of colour fading though--but this is a chance in any situ.

Sorry to invade the 'Ladies only' section--must be bored, not really, it's 5.55 a.m. and I'm psyching myself up to go and wake my daughter for school--Christ she hates to wake up.

Good luck with the stain.

• 10 months later...

a year later..

ive come back to update this thread :)

I dont think I ever reported that I wore the purple dress with a white scarve and white shoes, and a silver necklace.

it worked perfectly, as the day turned out to be filled with sunshine. was a lovely wedding

the friend in question is now pregnant :D

• 4 months later...

ok

more fashion question time

is it tacky to wear red dress with red shoes and red bag?

or is it better to go red dress, copper shoes....not sure what bag to carry.....

(im risking looking the same colour as the table cloth for Christmas lunch :) )

Its hard to comment without seeing the combination. I wouldnt say tacky, but depending on the style etc, could be a bit "heavy". I think all three together could be a bit strong. I would personally break it up a bit. You could go for say the red shoes and dress, but then a silver (or gold, depending on what hue the dress is and what suits you best) bag. Then add some silver or gold accessories too. But a red dress is a bold and strong colour and (imo) usually looks best on its own with metallic or toned down accessories (shoes, bag, jewelery).

Wish i could wear a red dress at Xmas - the way that darn snow is coming down tonight i shall be wearing my Lumberjack boots and my thermal underwear under an old pair of jeans. And my bobble hat.

Migs, I would go for the dress and another colour of accessories - gold is nice or even black.

Edited by Patsycat

You could go for say the red shoes and dress, but then a silver (or gold, depending on what hue the dress is and what suits you best) bag. Then add some silver or gold accessories too. But a red dress is a bold and strong colour and (imo) usually looks best on its own with metallic or toned down accessories (shoes, bag, jewelery).
Migs, I would go for the dress and another colour of accessories - gold is nice or even black.

yes, all red could make me look like some sorta walking candy :)

I wanna wear the copper coloured shoes (have 2 pairs of those :D one lighter, one slightly stronger shade) - but if I do that what colour bag?

Ive got a silver bag......

and ofcourse black is always a viable option....but I find the black and red combination a little cliche.....

so more ideas? :D

Patsy - I really just wanna wear my denim shorts for Xmas lunch, but might be a bit rude to the host :D

Hazri - LOL I could go in my Gunners shirt, it IS red afterall

yes, I went out yesterday and saw this shiny mirro-y silver bag and that had my mind set

i didnt buy that bag (was tempted though!!) but it got my heart set on using my own silver bag with the dress

so red shoes then? no silver shoes.....

can do lots of silver hearts accessories. its my way of making up for not having a heart :) I wear lots of artificial ones :D (although I lost one the other week :D )

I gotta clean my screen. i thought, huh, her dress has got little white fibers all over it, then I realized oops nope, those little white fibers are all over my screen :)

silver shoes are perfect. don't match shoes with dress, its not 1950 :D

I gotta clean my screen. i thought, huh, her dress has got little white fibers all over it, then I realized oops nope, those little white fibers are all over my screen :)

silver shoes are perfect. don't match shoes with dress, its not 1950 :D

If I were Migsy, I would make sure those shoes are polished perfectly. :D

I thought the red shoes would be ok, if no silver ones because matching would be a bit retro and cute looking. Ive seen a few celebs do the red combo thing. I dont think its THAT bad :D

:)

The real question to be answered is whether you will wear your Gunners Undies or borrow some of SBK's Lil Secret Victoria's to complete the ensemble?

I thought the red shoes would be ok, if no silver ones because matching would be a bit retro and cute looking. Ive seen a few celebs do the red combo thing. I dont think its THAT bad :D

:D

The real question to be answered is whether you will wear your Gunners Undies or borrow some of SBK's Lil Secret Victoria's to complete the ensemble?

and with the answer we demand to see pictures. no pictures = no further professional advice! :)