Sending A Parcel From Thailand To Germany

vertigo4u

the parcel has 2,5 kg - time is not a real issue, but it should be save to send it from thailand to germany

That's a pretty heavy parcel...problem is there is a trade-off between cost and safety. If you use private parcel carrier it's very safe but expensive. If you use Thai post, it's much cheaper but some risk it may not reach its destination.

Is the contents valuable? If yes, I would send it by private parcel carrier (DHL would be a good one for Germany as it's owned by Deutsch Post) but FedEx or UPS are just as reliable. Just send it by their cheapest rate.

If not valuable, send it registered via Thai Post parcel service. It may take awhile but most likely will reach its destination.

the parcel has 2,5 kg - time is not a real issue, but it should be save to send it from thailand to germany

any suggetions?

if you could get the weight down below 2kg by taking some of the packaging away, then you can "small Packet" it at the post office, will cost around 1000thb and will arrive in about 7-10 days. if not then i would suggest sea-mail but it will take around 30 days but not sure on the price.

any suggetions?

if you could get the weight down below 2kg by taking some of the packaging away, then you can "small Packet" it at the post office, will cost around 1000thb and will arrive in about 7-10 days. if not then i would suggest sea-mail but it will take around 30 days but not sure on the price.

Sent many parcels around that weight across the deep waters , Thai post office courier gives 10% discount and always arrived safe in 6 days , want to go 'Cheap ? ' send it surface mail , can take up to 3 months and no guaratee of safety , goes through too many hands .

Guest Reimar

Go to the Suvarnabhumi Airport, at Departure on the outer right side, if you head to the gates, is the Post Office. Send from there as normal parcel and it will be in Germany within one week at it's destination.

I use that way only for to send to Europa and the USA and never had any problems. Don'y need to use EMS (terrible expensive) or registered (also terrible expensive)!

Cheers.

Go to the Suvarnabhumi Airport, at Departure on the outer right side, if you head to the gates, is the Post Office. Send from there as normal parcel and it will be in Germany within one week at it's destination.

I use that way only for to send to Europa and the USA and never had any problems. Don'y need to use EMS (terrible expensive) or registered (also terrible expensive)!

Cheers.

Thank you , i learned something today , but what if you add in the cost of time and travel for the trip to Swampyboon , is it still cost effective ?

Guest Reimar

Cheers.

Thank you , i learned something today , but what if you add in the cost of time and travel for the trip to Swampyboon , is it still cost effective ?

Maybe you next time explain where you are?! I've 15 km to the Airport but even at the time of Don Mueang, I was sending from there and that was 45 km!

Cheers.

Cheers.

Maybe you next time explain where you are?! I've 15 km to the Airport but even at the time of Don Mueang, I was sending from there and that was 45 km!

Cheers.

I could be anywhere at any given time , thanks again for your imput , very informative .

• 1 year later...

Cheers.

WOW..this is also true for normal 'surface mail'? or only for SAL...( I thought surface mail will go by ship only.)

- I am just researching how I can send my overweight luggage when flying out of Thailand to Europe ( Austria ), so I will be at the airport anyways. It will be close to 10 kg, so price differences are considerable, but I need the stuff to arrive not later than in 3 weeks

hope that Reimar or anybody with experience sending from the airport will reply soon, I am off in 2 days..

thank you!

kuuan

Edited by kuuan

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but a couple of years ago I found out that Chatuchak Market has shipping offices that can ship anything (and I mean anything) out of the country without problems at a good price. It may not make it through your own country's customs though. If it is something that is valuable, make sure to get package tracking.

***Edit for extra info***

Kuuan: You should just pay the extra luggage fee if you are traveling anyway. It's much cheaper than shipping something. Check out the rates with the company you're flying with. This is how I'm slowly bringing my belongings from Canada back to Thailand. I always pack an extra suitcase in my big suitcase so that when I'm in Canada I can fill it, and just pay for extra luggage.

Edited by Meridian007

thank you Meridiano

I will try to get everything on the airplane, if I am not allowed ( my total must be between 35 and 40 kg ) I will send from the post office at the airport.

I just called my airline ( EVA Air ) and the free baggage allowance only is 20 kg, excessive luggage fee is about 1250 Baht for each kg!!

This is very expensive ( funny, the same airline seems to allow 2 bags of 32 kg each and only charges 25 USD for an additional bag of 32 kg ig going to any country in the American continent )

Edited by kuuan