"amazing Thailand" Sale?

wpcoe

I was in the market for a new cell phone the other day and noticed this lifesize posterboard at the DTAC stall outside Carrefour in Pattaya.

Naive as I am, I stopped by, pointed to the sign and asked if it applied to cell phones. "No, sir. Sorry."

Does it apply to accessories (pointing to covers, straps, batteries, etc.). "No sir. Sorry."

What *does* it apply to? She showed me a sheet of DTAC call plans, with things like "B800 plan now B400," "B500 plan now B250."

So, here's my mobile number, I'd like to top off my prepaid account. Can you add B800 for B400? "No sir. Sorry."

Come to find out, the "Everything 1/2 price" sale only applies to post-paid accounts. Only in Thailand, I suppose. I know in the USA, and I'd suspect in the UK, Aus, etc there are laws against such blatantly misleading advertising.

post-33251-1219921766_thumb.jpg

Yes you can phone for free......................... no one ever answers though but its the thought that counts! I like to help!!!

Sounds some-what like the government e-mail system , lights on but no-one is home , replies most noticeable by thier abscense .

Yes you can phone for free......................... no one ever answers though but its the thought that counts! I like to help!!!

Sounds some-what like the government e-mail system , lights on but no-one is home , replies most noticeable by thier abscense .

off topic, but same goes for the Thai emergency services, they never answer either :o

off topic, but same goes for the Thai emergency services, they never answer either :o

Don't worry your'e not alone you can do the same in the UK, they go though the motions but the result's the same!!!! (re trading standards)