Cost of dsl

jwildgrube

I am trying to figure out costs of DSL service in my residence and, unfortunately, it's not too clear from most of the ISPs websites -- some talk about a 'carrier fee' as well as the ISP service fee while some do not mention the 'carrier fee' -- has anyone been through this cost analysis before and offer any anecdotal advice?  It would be much appreciated -- I'm getting a little confused and frustrating trying to figure it all out...

First you have to have a phone line that can be converted to ADSL.  If you have that you must pay an extra monthly fee for nothing of about 1-1,400 baht (carrier fee - and yes you pay extra for extra speed), plus assume there is modem rent if you don't get as a gift.  Then you add to that the "ISP" fee to connect to the internet at about 4,000 baht per month for full time service (at the lowest speed).  If you have access to cable the cost for carrier fee could be a little lower at about 850 baht but not all cable lines are two way so some will still require you to send using a regular phone line.  So unless you have a business the price seems to say 'wait some more' for most of us.

Thanks for the information lopburi3 -- I appreciate this 'tutorial'.  Something indeed is telling me to wait for a bit and see if prices don't come down *sigh*

I don't miss much about the US, but this is one of the things I do miss -- cheap, fast internet