Thai Courts Are Good

chevykanteve

Civil Court cancels eviction following police brutality

The Civil Court on Friday's evening cancelled its Wednesday's injuction to evict the People's Alliance for Democracy from Government House. Civil Court cancels eviction following police brutality

In its decision, the court said the PAD defence team had called its attention to the brutality inflicted by police during the posting of eviction order this morning.

What a GOOD and SINCERE court system Thailand has! We are all SO PROUD of our country now.

Please post a link to the source of this info otherwise it is not credible.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/300808_News/30Aug2008_news01.php

"The Civil Court yesterday suspended its injunction to evict the People's Alliance for Democracy from Government House, saying execution of the order might inflict further damage. However, the Criminal Court threw out a request by the PAD's nine core leaders asking for their arrest warrants to be revoked"

Edited by 12DrinkMore

http://www.bangkokpost.com/300808_News/30Aug2008_news01.php

"The Civil Court yesterday suspended its injunction to evict the People's Alliance for Democracy from Government House, saying execution of the order might inflict further damage. However, the Criminal Court threw out a request by the PAD's nine core leaders asking for their arrest warrants to be revoked"

So the rescinding of the injunction was not based on legal grounds- but rather on the fear that the 'execution might inflict further damage'. This kind of reasoning might also explain why it took so long for Thaksin to face justice- as well as why Sondhi and Chamlong might get out of all this unscathed.

I think.... never mind. Why bother?

Because Thailand's future hangs in the balance and that matters to me very much.

The street violence and bloodshed that has occurred in the past casts a long shadow.

With the steet protests over the last couple of years, the police and military have been admirable in their restraint and not repeating the earlier disasters.

It is however a major probem for the present government as they have an obligation to maintain order and continue the machinery of government. I suppose the PAD wants to create such a crisis and chaos that the military walks in again and restores order.

What possible good would another coup do though? It would just be back to square one.

Stability even under an elected government that one may loathe is surely better than the upheaval that seems to continue indefinitely in Thailand.

Training of the police/military is velvet-gloved riot and crown control could have been of considerable importance but it's now probably too late. I'll bet they're pretty rough and ready on this score and not equipped to deal with the current crisis.

I also think of Tienanmen and how the stand off with the students and the final crack down to end the fear of disorder did so much to set China's image and progress back by decades.

There could be parallels and the next days will be pivotal.