Alcohol Enforcement

thaiman

I've noticed in the last few weeks that all 7-11's and Family marts have been restricting the alcohol sales between the listed times. It never used to be like this. Most of the employees would let you buy 24 hours a day. Anyone know what the change is due to?

Don't know the reason for being strict. Easy way around it - they will serve a Thai!!

Nobody will be served alcohol between the hours 1400-1700. Yesterday I went to 7-11 at 1655 and my beer bottles would not scan until the clock on the till hit 1700, then the shop assistant proceeded with the sale.

It is inconvenient, but once you get into the habit of timed purchases and plan ahead, it is no big deal. TIT

Don't know the reason for being strict. Easy way around it - they will serve a Thai!!

Nobody will be served alcohol between the hours 1400-1700. Yesterday I went to 7-11 at 1655 and my beer bottles would not scan until the clock on the till hit 1700, then the shop assistant proceeded with the sale.

It is inconvenient, but once you get into the habit of timed purchases and plan ahead, it is no big deal. TIT

Reminds me of Saudi and having to plan shopping / eating trips around prayer times 'cos all shops are forced to close.