Tel Services - Jomtiem Beach Area

scorecard

I own a house in Jomtiem area (near taxation/revenue office) which is rented. Recent previous tenant said all telephone bills were paid on time. Now discovered bills not paid for at least 6 months.

End result, TT&T have cancelled my account and resold the tel. number to another subscribed.

Bottom line is that TT&T, TOT, and TRUE say they have no more lines available in that area and could be long time before additional lines are made available.

New tenant obviously wants a telephone. Satellite telephone has been installed with IPSTAR service from loxinfo, however this is proving to be extremely expensive, 5,000 - 6,000Baht a month, just for the internet service.

Would very much appreciate any suggestions from members:

- Other ways to approach getting a landline

- Other telephone services available, other than landline and satellite telephone

- Other internet services available using satellite telephone

- Any other suggestions

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

Have you inquired with TOT and TT&T about getting ahead in the que to get a number by buying your way up to the head of the line? Just a suggestion.

Also maybe if you know the neighbors you could offer some amount of baht for them to sell their number to you?

Put an ad in the local papers. There are people out there that can get you a line, number for the right price,,,,,,,,,so I've been told.