Underwater World

hendrix

I played tour guide today with a Bangkok Thai who was allowed to name & choose any tourist site to visit so we went to Underwater World on Sukhumvit south of Jomtien. Many species of fish to be seen up close and personal in the air conditioned fish tunnel. I recommend visiting not on the weekend as the tunnels can get crowded with screaming children and wheelchairs but they took 150 baht off the 400 baht adult ticket when I showed my Thai driving license. Hooray for racism based on skin color! Recommended for a few relaxing and informative hours to see sharks, stingrays, and a litany of many many others.

post-65943-1220181332_thumb.jpg

post-65943-1220181367_thumb.jpg

post-65943-1220181377_thumb.jpg

Just wondering Hendrix......was the discounted price you got(after you showed your license) then on a par with the Thai price????

OR still more expensive than the Thai price but just somewhat lower than the standard Racist price???

Charming policy they have at this place isn't it....a truly great representation of "Welcome to the Land of Smiles" :D:D

I'm just glad the owners of Underwater World aren't in charge of pricing policy at Tesco's/Big C/7-Eleven's/Electricity Office/TOT

etc... etc... etc... or we'd all be screwed :D .But aw well..maybe the Owners of this water park really do respect us foreigners

and just need to dual-price on us to upgrade from that 5-series BMW to the latest 7-series :o .

It would be great fun to see how the owners would like it if they went to a European-water-park and they were told at the

entrance that they had to pay waaaay more than me because they were brown-skinned,slanty-eyed Asians with limited English :D .....

no problems though,I;m sure they'd empathise with this policy......after all,it's an inverse policy they themselves use :(

Just wondering Hendrix......was the discounted price you got(after you showed your license) then on a par with the Thai price????

OR still more expensive than the Thai price but just somewhat lower than the standard Racist price???

Charming policy they have at this place isn't it....a truly great representation of "Welcome to the Land of Smiles" :o:D

Thai ~ Farrang with proof of being a local at 250 baht each.

At least the attendant didn't ever call me "farrang." I was called the polite term for foreigner:

คนต่างชาติ "khohn dtaang chaat" (rough phonetic pronunciation).

I think the humorous part is when you are invited for a free photo of your visit. Somewhere along the route, you are handed a thimble sized paper pic of you and your better half to ascertain if you want to blow it up to various sizes. Also enjoyable is the exit situated at the the far end of the souvenir shop. Must have studied Ikea's exit strategy. :D

Edited by hendrix