Non-immigrant O (m) Question

With a non-immigrant O Visa (M), upon arrival in BKK do I have to ask for a 90 day stay or is it automatically given?

Upon the completion of the 90 days is it necessary to depart Thailand in order to get another 90 days or is it possible to get it in for instance Chiang-Mai?

Lastly, is it necessary to report to police with a 90 days entry?

Many thanks..

You get the 90 days automaticaly on arrival. Watch out that they give 90 days and not 30 days, sometimes they are tired.

With (m) you probably mean multiple. It means you have to leave Thailand every 90 days and can come right back.

However you might be able to apply for an extension of your permitted to stay stamp to one year and every year after that. That however depends on your cirumstances and if you meet the criteria.

Since you won't be staying in Thailand for 90 days, you do not need to do the reporting.

Edited by Mario2008

You get the 90 days automaticaly on arrival. Watch out that they give 90 days and not 30 days, sometimes they are tired.

With (m) you probably mean multiple. It means you have to leave Thailand every 90 days and can come right back.

However you might be able to apply for an extension of your permitted to stay stamp to one year and every year after that. That however depends on your cirumstances and if you meet the criteria.

Since you won't be staying in Thailand for 90 days, you do not need to do the reporting.

Thank you. Yes, the (m) is for multiple. IF, I decide to stay the 90 days do I have to report to the police?

You won't stay 90 days. otherwise you would be on overstay and risk deportation.

If you would apply for an extension to one year and get it, you would be staying longer than 90 days and would have to report to the immigration police.

You can see if you qualify for an extension here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp606EN.pdf

You won't stay 90 days. otherwise you would be on overstay and risk deportation.

If you would apply for an extension to one year and get it, you would be staying longer than 90 days and would have to report to the immigration police.

You can see if you qualify for an extension here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp606EN.pdf

Let's say I stay 88 days; I fly to Singapore and return within a week. Is that O.K.? Upon entering from Singapore will I get another 90 days? thanks.

Yes, that's ok. You can even return on the same day you leave Thailand. Just go to the border, get stamped out go to the neigbouring country and get stemped in and out and return to Thailand to get stamped in again.

Every time you enter Thailand, you get a new 90 days. So if you just leave Thailand en come back before the one year of use is finished you get a new 90 days and so almost 15 months of stay.

Yes, that's ok. You can even return on the same day you leave Thailand. Just go to the border, get stamped out go to the neigbouring country and get stemped in and out and return to Thailand to get stamped in again.

Every time you enter Thailand, you get a new 90 days. So if you just leave Thailand en come back before the one year of use is finished you get a new 90 days and so almost 15 months of stay.

thank you Mario2008...thank you Mario2008...no more questions. ciao.