State Of Emergency Announced In Bangkok

george

There isn't any real evidence that the PAD is paying it's supporters but a lot of real evidence that the DAAD is paying for there supporters.

Interestingly is further that the PAD didn't uses knives, sticks and so on but the DAAD does.

It looks like that those who wrote about the payments of the PAD are on the same side as the DAAD! Just need to read all of the post and it's like a very deep red line which is pointing that way.

Cheers.

I can assure that i dont support any of these idiots ,i am from england so its not my business to support ,i don"t have a vote, all i can say is that phuket is very PAD supportive and its for sure PAD that are offering cash here.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For all of those who go on and on about how the government has been elected, can you please answer this question: If you elected a government into your own country, but once in power it tried to change the constitution to suit criminals, it made an illegal deal with a neighbouring country, it appointed known criminals to very sensitive government posts, it worked to its own monetary advantage, not to its people, would you still think that this government was legitimate? Yes, it was elected, but if they break the law shouldn't they resign pending trial? Come on. And for all of those who say TIT, well that is the whole point, Thailand no longer wants this cycle of corruption. The people want change. And PAD is not just a small group of urban elite, as you can see from its support nationwide, it is a lot larger than a few thousand people. They have crossed the line numerous times, but they have been on the most part peaceful. Let's not forget that other 'civilised' countries also have anti government protesting, riots and yes, strikes.

Well said, Sao Jiang Mai.

A lot of people also seem to conveniently forget that a PAD supporter was shot, without provocation, and killed by the PPP/Samak sponsored DAAD, less than 48 hours ago. The man was in his 50's. There are definitely PPP links to the DAAD. How long are you guys going to support these criminals and...most of all, WHY???

Puea Pandin disagrees with the SoE. I wonder how far this disagreement will go.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30082429

Dont forget the budget approval isnt far off and nobody on the government side will want to miss out on that.

Opposition to the SoE seems to be coming fom many sides, and the way it was introduced with government MPs at Sanam Luang and at the battle front giving cover for a quick SoE introduction is becoming clearer. Someone close to Samak has been intimated although it seems names are not going to be given in public.

A real left field end to this would be for the court to find the SoE unjustified in the legal appeal before it. That would force a resignation without taking out more than Samak. Unlikely in my opinion but somewhere there has to be a standdown at least temporarily. One report has Anupong as saying when the administrative and judicial elements have failed to find a solution it is up to the legislature to fond one. Lots could be read into that, which comes back to your question. Would they really do it and abandon the money in the budget?

I assume you already know the two "seniors" that were at Sanam Luang, although agree that I haven't seen it in print either.

I received a report today that was based on Samak's press conference yesterday in Thai. In it, is says that Samak was asked whether he would take responsibility for the dead protester, and he supposedly responded saying he had to first identify which side the protester was on. The next question was that it was a Thai citizen and therefore as PM would Samak take responsibility and he said he would have to wait the result of the investigation being done by his committee. Have you heard this?

I only know of one by name actually.

I heard too that Samak did indeed ask which side the dead protestor was on at his press conference basically in the context you put it. My wife thought it quite insensitive but coming from him it didnt surprise her. A few others at work have mentioned it briefly but I didnt press for more details.

I received a report today that was based on Samak's press conference yesterday in Thai. In it, is says that Samak was asked whether he would take responsibility for the dead protester, and he supposedly responded saying he had to first identify which side the protester was on. The next question was that it was a Thai citizen and therefore as PM would Samak take responsibility and he said he would have to wait the result of the investigation being done by his committee. Have you heard this?

I heard part of this as well but didn't pay close enough attention. The protester has again been identified by the Nation as a DAAD/UDD supporter if I recall correctly.

I'm pretty sure, he was identified as a PAD supporter who was shot by DAAD. Correct me if I'm wrong

For all of those who go on and on about how the government has been elected, can you please answer this question: If you elected a government into your own country, but once in power it tried to change the constitution to suit criminals, it made an illegal deal with a neighbouring country, it appointed known criminals to very sensitive government posts, it worked to its own monetary advantage, not to its people, would you still think that this government was legitimate? Yes, it was elected, but if they break the law shouldn't they resign pending trial? Come on. And for all of those who say TIT, well that is the whole point, Thailand no longer wants this cycle of corruption. The people want change. And PAD is not just a small group of urban elite, as you can see from its support nationwide, it is a lot larger than a few thousand people. They have crossed the line numerous times, but they have been on the most part peaceful. Let's not forget that other 'civilised' countries also have anti government protesting, riots and yes, strikes.

:o:D

Democrats to end sieges at southern airports

The Democrat Party has instructed its MPs from the South to try and convince the crowds to stop laying sieges at local airports after it is evident that the protests has threatened to bring about ruins to the regional economy.

Krabi MP Arkom Engchuan said party chief adviser Chuan Leekpai urges his fellow Democrats to intervene and reason with the local chapters of the People's Alliance for Democracy to move their rally sites away from the airports.

The Democrats have no involvement in the protests but they will assist in ending the sieges at airports, Arkom says.

PADled protesters have already agreed to abandon their plans to blockade airports at Krabi and Phuket although they are still blocking the accesses to air services in Surat Thani and Hat Yai.

MP Withaya Kaewparadai voices optimism that following the Democrats' intervention, every southern airport would resume normal business within one or two days.

Withaya said he expects protesters to move their rally sites to provincial halls instead.

People Power Party suggests for a referendum to break a political deadlock

MP Suthin Klangsaeng says today that his People Power Party wants the people to be the judge in choosing between the government and the People's Alliance for Democracy.

Suthin suggests for a referendum to be held with three simple questions which the voters could answer by yes or no.

First, should the government continue in office, resign, or dissolve the House for a snap election?

Second, should the PAD continue or end its protests?

Third, should the PAD's proposal on new politics to revamp the electoral system be accepted?

If parties concerned agree to his idea, the referendum preparations could start in a week, he says.

The Nation

Oh yes the crazy idea again. We dont have a referendum law yet. The questions have already been decided by an interested party. A referendum probably does not overirde the constitutional right to assemble. Referenda work when everyone agrees on the basis of the referenda and in countries with little traditon of referenda when the question is agreed on. In fact the question is usually critical. Another idea that wont solve anything.

Also we should note that the PAD themselves put forward the new politcs idea (not that I agree with it) to start a debate they didnt say it was written in stone so for their opponents to write it into a referenda to be held by their opponents.... Then a government shoudl not be told by referenda whether to stay or go. There are already constitutional tools for this.

Well yes crazy season.

Oh yeah...that is definitely a PPP idea...have a referendum...buy all the votes in the referendum....if for some reason you don't buy enough and loose the referendum...call a snap election..spend more money on vote buying and stay in Power. Whow, these guys are really mental genius' :o

Democrats to end sieges at southern airports

The Democrat Party has instructed its MPs from the South to try and convince the crowds to stop laying sieges at local airports after it is evident that the protests has threatened to bring about ruins to the regional economy.

Krabi MP Arkom Engchuan said party chief adviser Chuan Leekpai urges his fellow Democrats to intervene and reason with the local chapters of the People's Alliance for Democracy to move their rally sites away from the airports.

The Democrats have no involvement in the protests but they will assist in ending the sieges at airports, Arkom says.

PADled protesters have already agreed to abandon their plans to blockade airports at Krabi and Phuket although they are still blocking the accesses to air services in Surat Thani and Hat Yai.

MP Withaya Kaewparadai voices optimism that following the Democrats' intervention, every southern airport would resume normal business within one or two days.

Withaya said he expects protesters to move their rally sites to provincial halls instead.

Credit where credit is due. I dont usually have great deal of time for the Dems but they seem to be the only people doing something constructive right now. Most MPs seem content to rouse mobs, organise attacks on opponents, come up with ridiculous ways out of the situation. It may be better if they went back to their constituencies like these guys and tried to calm things down. And I dont mean like the idiot who claimed he was visiting his constituents when leading the UDD charge.

and its for sure PAD that are offering cash here.

And you know this how exactly...?

yellow shirts and thats what they say, i like to try and believe what someone actually says to me. maybe they are been hijacked and sent somewhere else but its pad at the town hall and pad getting recruited here in my village.

I heard part of this as well but didn't pay close enough attention. The protester has again been identified by the Nation as a DAAD/UDD supporter if I recall correctly.

I'm pretty sure, he was identified as a PAD supporter who was shot by DAAD. Correct me if I'm wrong

On Tuesday, he was first identified as DAAD - then conflicting reports suggested he was PAD.

The last report I saw - http://bangkokpost.com/topstories/topstories.php?id=130320 - identifies him as UDD, according to the Narenthorn Emergency Response Centre. Obviously I was wrong about the Nation, I meant the Post.

Edited by onethailand

I can assure that i dont support any of these idiots ,i am from england so its not my business to support ,i don"t have a vote, all i can say is that phuket is very PAD supportive and its for sure PAD that are offering cash here.

You maybe didn't support anybody except yourself but title others as idiots show who you are.

On the other hand it would be interesting to know how many actions are take to discredit the PAD in any possible way! And to discredit the PAD is maybe the only way left for the government site and their supporters to extend the "live" some more day's?!

All actions right know looking just that the end isn't very far!

Cheers.

You're wrong I think. It was a UDD supporter. But regardless, I agree that this mess should have never been allowed to get that far- anyone who didn't anticipate this had to be blind- or genuinely believe that the people who voted PPP did so only for a couple of hundred baht and thus would passively sit by while the gov't of their choice was under seige.

Edited by blaze

On Tuesday, he was first identified as DAAD - then conflicting reports suggested he was PAD.

The last report I saw - http://bangkokpost.com/topstories/topstories.php?id=130320 - identifies him as UDD, according to the Narenthorn Emergency Response Centre. Obviously I was wrong about the Nation, I meant the Post.

Hes a dead dude and nobody is really sure from what side but by us discussing it we lower ourselves to the callous Samak remark. It doesnt matter what side he was on. He is dead. RIP. Condolences to the family. Lets leave this one here in relation to the dead man.

as to Samak's remark well I am sure we all agree on that too.

Hes a dead dude and nobody is really sure from what side but by us discussing it we lower ourselves to the callous Samak remark. It doesnt matter what side he was on. He is dead. RIP. Condolences to the family. Lets leave this one here in relation to the dead man.

The reason for identifying him is for purposes of clarification - and to see what Samak has to say. It does not in any way take away from the fact that he died unnecessarily.

...The dead man was shot in the chest and beaten around the head, reporters at the scene said. Friends said he was a PAD supporters from Nakhon Ratchasima, who had only arrived in Bangkok on Tuesday with a busload of friends, to support the demonstrations aimed at forcing the government to resign.

The above quote in bold lettering is from the Bangkok Post, written after the State of Emergency Declaration, so yes, Onethailand, I think you were mistaken. The guys shot was a PAD supporter and shot by the Pro-government (PPP sponsored) UDD or DAAD, whatever they call themselves.

First night of emergency state passes with no violent incident for PAD

The People's Alliance for Democracy continued its demonstration in the Government House throughout the night without any violent incident.

But rumours spread throughout the night that either pro-government protesters or security officials would raid the Government House to evict PAD demonstrators.

When the morning came, the tension apparently eased and many protesters left the rally site while many others had breakfast provided by the PAD.

Source: The Nation - 03 September 2008

It's positive note that there was no repeat of this....

102-1.jpg

110.jpg

398.jpg

101.jpg

In the Bangkok Post today there were a number of similar photographs including some of those shown above.The key difference was that the Bangkok Post showed thugs and victims from both sides.The poster has simply omitted images which don't fit in with his preconceptions.

And still, what the newspapers can`t show you is a view from above showing the drunken and agressive little red dots, led by a PPP MP, intentionally working their way towards the immobile yellow dots.

Edited by Tony Clifton

The above quote in bold lettering is from the Bangkok Post, written after the State of Emergency Declaration, so yes, Onethailand, I think you were mistaken. The guys shot was a PAD supporter and shot by the Pro-government (PPP sponsored) UDD or DAAD, whatever they call themselves.

Old report, Kurt. That was from Tuesday. And what I heard on TV was that "friends" identified him as UDD.

Hello.

Cutting the internet, telephone, water and electricity isn't gonna "cut" it. To get ALL Thais to immediately join the protest, they have to cut the SOAP OPERAS. Shut down channels 3,7, 9 and immediately 60-odd million people will be on the streets.

Regards.....

Thanh

The reason for identifying him is for purposes of clarification - and to see what Samak has to say. It does not in any way take away from the fact that he died unnecessarily.

Why does Samak have to know what side the guy casme from before accepting responsibility? Is he totally inhuman? And we should remember he has made a complete political career out of labelling those he disagrees with as not Thai and in several cases using it to suggest they should die or for justifying their deaths. This incident and his reaction in what he says follows this pattern., which side? and was he Thai? Very disturbing if you expect moral responsibility from a PM.

I think one thing has to be accepted. That on either side you probably have people participating for money. No one can say for sure unless you organise some sort of set up but if you hear from enough reliable people then it is probably the case.

To say that your favoured side is not hiring protestors specifically because they are your favoured side is wearing the old rose tinted spectacles.

It's not like there is unemployment benefit here, these people have to live on something.

Likewise voting, there are a lot of people voting for who they choose regardless of the money they get.

Why rely on newsbits chewed and spat out by others? PAD said this, PAD plans that - look at their plans are as they themselves announce them.

Also, look at four demands put out by Sondhi - 70:30 plan is simply not there.

OK

Let's forget what PAD said.

Hold on, let's NOT FORGET what PAD said. Let's not blame them for something that isn't there.

>>>>

Oh, and three "tresspassers" at Preah Vihear were locals, had no affiliation with PAD, afaik. PAD driving there happened a few days later. No one seems to pay any attention to this matter anyway. There's a thread for that, post there.

That "no man's land" is populated by Cambodians, they even build a temple there.

You maybe didn't support anybody except yourself but title others as idiots show who you are.

On the other hand it would be interesting to know how many actions are take to discredit the PAD in any possible way! And to discredit the PAD is maybe the only way left for the government site and their supporters to extend the "live" some more day's?!

All actions right know looking just that the end isn't very far!

Cheers.

I beg your parden are you calling me an idiot for not siding with PAD why should I ! I am just reporting a fact. Its obvious that PAD PPP and DAAD are very well funded and lets face it money is invested usually for a return so who's expecting it.

Yes I think they are all idiots for the damage this has and will cause the econnomy, mad as hamsters the lot of them, and sorting it out will be like hearding cats unless some order can be brought to bear very soon.

And still, what the newspapers can`t show you is a view from above showing the drunken and agressive little red dots intentionally working their way towards the immobile yellow dots.

A reporter from The Nation who was caught in the middle of the clash that night also reported yesterday that a number of DAAD supporters strongly reeked of alcohol.

yellow shirts and thats what they say, i like to try and believe what someone actually says to me. maybe they are been hijacked and sent somewhere else but its pad at the town hall and pad getting recruited here in my village.

This is Thailand.

So it is 100% certain that both sides are assisting some of their supporters with cash / food / transport to some degree.

As a student in the UK (many years ago), I had a freebie day out in London, I did not know what for, or which party I was "supporting". It was organised by the student union, or somebody?? just a free day out, might even have been free food, I forget. We may have had to pay some token fare for the coach.

So I have to laugh when certain TV members spend hours doing post after post proclaiming that one side or the other is offering free food, transport, 200 THB cash, and the other side is whiter than white.

What does it matter, both sides are guilty to the same extent.

Edited by davee58

Why does Samak have to know what side the guy casme from before accepting responsibility? Is he totally inhuman? And we should remember he has made a complete political career out of labelling those he disagrees with as not Thai and in several cases using it to suggest they should die or for justifying their deaths. This incident and his reaction in what he says follows this pattern., which side? and was he Thai? Very disturbing if you expect moral responsibility from a PM.

Fully agree. But, assuming the deceased has been identified correctly, it may have an influence on what Samak will say.

Then again, the Post has reported it both ways - hard to conclude that either one is correct. Has anyone read the Thai papers and can provide more info?

So they tell you that they are getting paid?

People Power Party suggests for a referendum to break a political deadlock

MP Suthin Klangsaeng says today that his People Power Party wants the people to be the judge in choosing between the government and the People's Alliance for Democracy.

Suthin suggests for a referendum to be held with three simple questions which the voters could answer by yes or no.

First, should the government continue in office, resign, or dissolve the House for a snap election?

Second, should the PAD continue or end its protests?

Third, should the PAD's proposal on new politics to revamp the electoral system be accepted?

If parties concerned agree to his idea, the referendum preparations could start in a week, he says.

The Nation

Oh yes the crazy idea again. We dont have a referendum law yet. The questions have already been decided by an interested party. A referendum probably does not overirde the constitutional right to assemble. Referenda work when everyone agrees on the basis of the referenda and in countries with little traditon of referenda when the question is agreed on. In fact the question is usually critical. Another idea that wont solve anything.

Also we should note that the PAD themselves put forward the new politcs idea (not that I agree with it) to start a debate they didnt say it was written in stone so for their opponents to write it into a referenda to be held by their opponents.... Then a government shoudl not be told by referenda whether to stay or go. There are already constitutional tools for this.

Well yes crazy season.

Oh yeah...that is definitely a PPP idea...have a referendum...buy all the votes in the referendum....if for some reason you don't buy enough and loose the referendum...call a snap election..spend more money on vote buying and stay in Power. Whow, these guys are really mental genius' :o

Bill is ready. From the Nation dated June 8. I am sure if they wanted to it could pass parliment quickly.

The Election Commission (EC) yesterday presented the public referendum bill for House deliberation.

Thanit Sriprathet, an EC representative, tabled the bill as required by the Constitution, which stipulates that the EC must draft the public referendum bill within one year after the high law went into effect.

EC member Prapan Naikowit said the bill presents two types of public referendum, compulsory and advisory, and carried provisions that ban officials from abusing power in organising a public referendum.

Speaker Chai Chidchob said the House must complete deliberation of the bill by August 23. He would table the bill within the special session when it reconvenes on June 9. Chai voiced concern that the bill may not sail through the House in three readings because the opposition may reserve the right to further scrutinise the bill.

The public referendum bill comes hot on the heels of Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej's resolve to push for a referendum over constitutional amendment.

Don't shoot the idea down so quick. It might work to appease PAD.

I don't agree with the PAD parts but the others are viable.

Edited by ubonjoe

good points raised:

1. The new government ordered 6 Swedish fighters (Viggens) for about double the price that anyone else would pay. the Viggens are good, but the Yanks and others have better. The article refers to each government buying new planes. In the Bangkok Post, I read that (my paraphrase) the high costs were justified because of the need for extras incl pilot training and equipment. I think myself that somebody's pension is coming out of the "extras."

Double than anyone would pay? False.

And the option to go with a US fighter would have tripled the price. Would that have made you happier?